KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Where to buy comics

Where to buy comics
Started by: SpideySuperFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
Your lucky I had to pay for them

I read the in the thieves guild. I loved the thieves guild. Sucks its gone. sad

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 10:14 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

There, there little buddy

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 10:31 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Originally posted by steverules
Spidey got beaten by Venom first time when you think about it, he was knocked out then webbed to the bell then spidey beat Venom, Scarlet didn't really lose or win first time but he did get nailed by Venoms claws pretty bad

Maybe so but both still would have died I suppose if not for either good planning or outside help,

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 10:54 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I think the writers of Scarlet spidey vs Venom wanted spidey to win with no help, just doing by himself with good fighting, good thinking and good planning, which is wot he did

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 11:44 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Yeah, trust me I'm not knocking the fight I loved it, but it just seems weird how they always do pretty well when they first fight him, then when they try again well they get pretty much killed...

I was always disappointed (way back in the day) that the only appearance of Venom I had and Spider-man didn't fight him lol

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 06:32 AM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Thats how all the fights are meant to go though, spider-man beats the villain first or second time around in a comic, and then later he get's his ass kicked all the time

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:12 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

that's true the villains start off invincible in there first appearance then after the second battle they always loose even when they should win i'm thinking of venom doc ock green goblin fit that description

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:30 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

It's pretty much the way it's always been

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:05 AM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Sparkz
Yes i did notice, I also noticed that he said he didn't have long to live and years later he is still alive and kicking, and they spelt his name wrong. they called him Shock not Shoc. They also changed his colour scheme :s I know while he was holding the portal open to the negative zone his suit change colour but you would have thought it would become blue and black after what 3 years or so, not stay black and white...

i think out of all the issues of Astonishing Spider-man mine has to be when Doc Ock is reserected something about that story I just love, all the characters were spot on and the art had a certain charm. Well that and probaly the Morlun story line but I have that in TPB aswell soooo, oh and when Electro's power was super sized so he could take Spidey and Nate Grey, Ok I love the whole era between just after onslaught was beaten and Norman Osborn finaly being defeated after the gathering of the 5.

You have just named some vintage spidey stories. I own every issue of Astonishing Spider-man and IMO the best issues are issue #18 which reprints Amazing Fantasy #15, the death of Ben Reilly in #57 (Great character lasted just over #50 issues) and
#69 The Electro story you mentioned with Nate Grey. I loved the controversial Clone Saga, I loved the Molurn storyline. I thought that the return of Aunt May and Osborn's descent into madness was handled poorly. I also have a fondness for issue #32 (The second issue for Ben Reilly when he took over the title) as that's when I first started collecting comics, but I own every issue.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 12:42 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Bicnarok
If you just wnat to read them, go on bearshare or some other sharing net, look for CBR format which is the comic book format. You can uncompress the file with winrar or similar app and view the comics with a pic viewer like acdsee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Book_Archive_file
Thanks for the info. Now I can get back to comics!

EDIT:
Just downloaded it. bearshare is a music sharing file, apparently. Oh well.

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Nov 4th, 2007 at 04:12 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 04:01 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Originally posted by willRules
You have just named some vintage spidey stories. I own every issue of Astonishing Spider-man and IMO the best issues are issue #18 which reprints Amazing Fantasy #15, the death of Ben Reilly in #57 (Great character lasted just over #50 issues) and
#69 The Electro story you mentioned with Nate Grey. I loved the controversial Clone Saga, I loved the Molurn storyline. I thought that the return of Aunt May and Osborn's descent into madness was handled poorly. I also have a fondness for issue #32 (The second issue for Ben Reilly when he took over the title) as that's when I first started collecting comics, but I own every issue.

oooo a man after my own heart, I also have every issue of Astonishing! issue 32 that's when he fought the Sandman isn't it? Or are you referring to issue 31 where he fights Armada? I loved that story!! and I agree I loved Ben Reilly to and when he died while sad was a great story.

I also really liked the clone saga, but only when I re-read it in one big chunk, it kind of drags on when you read it slowly. Yeah Osborn's madness was handled poorly, at least part of it was, mainly when he thought he was winning his fight with Spidey, it just got a little to chaotic.

I actualy started on issue 17 buying that from a market, but the first i brought from a shop was 46 where he fights alongside Gambit, been on ebay for 2 years getting the rest though big grin

Issue 1-abooout 80 is def my favourite Spidey era mainly cause its what I grew up with and this was also around the time where Pete went into his anti hero phase, when he came out of it you so appreciated the light hearted Spidey more ahhh the good old days (thats right I do love those stories!)

I'v probably said all this earlier on in the thread but well I can't be bothered to re-read it lol

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 11:01 AM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Originally posted by Bicnarok
If you just wnat to read them, go on bearshare or some other sharing net, look for CBR format which is the comic book format. You can uncompress the file with winrar or similar app and view the comics with a pic viewer like acdsee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Book_Archive_file

Three things-

1. Bearshare sucks. The freeware has malware which no one wants. Paying for any of the other services defeats the purpose of what you are suggesting.

2. Why would anyone uncompress comics in the .cbr or .cbz format?

3. The correct program to view comics is by using Cdisply. Its free and then the files can remained compressed.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thanks for the info. Now I can get back to comics!

EDIT:
Just downloaded it. bearshare is a music sharing file, apparently. Oh well.

Bearshare is a P2P filesharing program, just not a good one anymore.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 12:44 AM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote