KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » ** Poetry Contest **

** Poetry Contest **
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

laughing

Ok, here's my take on this.

I genuinely liked the 'Think outside the box' idea. I think it gives plenty of scope for the participants, especially when you consider that the majority of you seem to want more freedom. Initially I was just going to provide one theme, a couple of weeks and a thread to post them in. I do agree, however, that although limitations must be set in place, a little more leeway would be a good idea.

So, with that in mind, any more offers? stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 05:46 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Hm, I would like to suggest something like thinking outside the box with a dream-like theme, but reading inbetween the lines shows something about the real world.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 11:55 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Hm, I would like to suggest something like thinking outside the box with a dream-like theme, but reading inbetween the lines shows something about the real world.

You've already written your poem, haven't you?

Seriously though, unless 'thinking outside the box' can be made more specific, it'll just be a free-for-all.

Maybe the Halloween thing would be OK. Not necessarily Halloween itself, but maybe that kind of tone/influence.

Maybe nightmare?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 12:35 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

i'm liking it, so your saying an outside the box halloween theme?

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 01:26 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You've already written your poem, haven't you?

Seriously though, unless 'thinking outside the box' can be made more specific, it'll just be a free-for-all.

Maybe the Halloween thing would be OK. Not necessarily Halloween itself, but maybe that kind of tone/influence.

Maybe nightmare?

I meant if you read carefully in the poems, you'll see a bit of the real world and the important things that affect it today.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 03:56 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

i like the idea of a poem about modern life.. to set a definite boundary, how about a poem about the complexity of modern human relationships written rom the pov of an inanimate object.... thats a bit outside some sort of box...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 10:14 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Maybe a poll is the answer.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 11:12 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I've made a poll thread. All of the suggestions put forward in this thread have been included.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 12:13 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

hey...poll huh? well maybe itll work

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:53 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Is this going to happen anytime?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 07:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vivando-loca
untitled

quote:
We're currently discussing the theme, a couple of things have been suggested. Would you mind popping by and letting us know what you'd like to write about?

i'm up for anything smile

my preference varies...daily. stick out tongue

how about abstract poems?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 11:32 PM
vivando-loca is currently offline Click here to Send vivando-loca a Private Message Find more posts by vivando-loca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

vivanda, you're a touch late hun. We've already had the poll and a decision has been made.

"Modern Life" smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 07:40 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Syren
vivanda, you're a touch late hun. We've already had the poll and a decision has been made.

"Modern Life" smile
Actually it was "Complexity of modern life", but hell, who cares about a little bit of electoral fraud.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 07:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

It's a benevolent dictatorship.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 09:49 PM