KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

quote: (post)
Originally posted by magic_hate_ball
Seems to me like Bat Dude is having sour grapes over Cleveland losing the ALCS. Im sorry that the Browns su*k this year, the Tribe chokes and that LeBron couldnt carry the Cavs on his back in the NBA finals. Its sad that you have to sit there and bash the Sox because of your own teams shortcomings. Now, as far as the series goes, the Sox will win because the Rockies will have had 8 days off! I know they're playing inter-squad games but it still doesnt compare with playing an actual game against an opposing team. Contrary to popular fact, more rest does not a better team make. Statisically the NL is the weaker league. The AL has owned the NL for 10 years at the All-Star game...and if im correct there were 5 Sox there and 2 from Colorado and Fuentes was injured. So how would that make the Rockies a better team?

First of all, don't insult the Browns (they don't suck this year, so far it's a good improvement over last year) and don't insult me... We wouldn't want a flame war...

Second of all, the All Star Game doesn't dictate who's better than who... All that game is for is entertainment and to see who gets home field advantage (which, imo, doesn't matter)

Third of all, having more All Stars doesn't mean you automatically win the series... If you remember, Cleveland has 3 (and Boston has 5), and STILL beat the Sox in games 2-4... So you see, more doesn't necessarily = better...

Fourth of all, the Rockies are hot right now... 21 out of the last 22 games they won! They're pitching is good and their on a hitting streak as well... If the Rockies beat the Sox at Fenway, I don't think the Sox can come back and win in Colorado... (Moral will plummet from losing at home, much like Cleveland)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 07:37 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
So? Which wasn't a long time ago at all. My point was that doing it before made it all that more possible for it to be done again. Which happened.

I'm just joking with you, but I was just saying that was in 2004, doesn't mean they are guaranteed to win it this year.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 09:55 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magic_hate_ball
KILL!KILL!THIS IS HOCKEY!

Originally posted by Bat Dude
First of all, don't insult the Browns (they don't suck this year, so far it's a good improvement over last year) and don't insult me... We wouldn't want a flame war....

Ill insult the browns all i want.....3-3 isnt exactly the profile of greatness and as far as insulting you, its only an insult if you take it as one but from the way ive read your posts in this thread, youre just down on the Sox because they beat Cleveland(which is a good baseball team) its not my fault nor anyone elses that Sabathia or Carmona or Westbrook couldnt get the job done; if you feel the need to flame someone, flame that 3rd base coach who help up Lofton in Game 7 and if you want to flame me go ahead i could care less cause flames from a 15 year old(unless youre lying about your age) show up on my radar as much as the first 7 teams have shown up on the Patriots radar laughing

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Last edited by magic_hate_ball on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 10:06 PM
magic_hate_ball is currently offline Click here to Send magic_hate_ball a Private Message Find more posts by magic_hate_ball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Ill insult the browns all i want.....3-3 isnt exactly the profile of greatness

Better than 2-4 or 1-5.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 10:22 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magic_hate_ball

Originally posted by Röland
Better than 2-4 or 1-5.

touché sir! It could be 0-6 like Miami

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 10:31 PM
magic_hate_ball is currently offline Click here to Send magic_hate_ball a Private Message Find more posts by magic_hate_ball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

?

The Red Sox are a better team overall. And are favored to take it.

I'm biased. But I can be fair. And the Rockies really haven't a chance. Not even statistically. A Rockies champ win would be pure luck.

The Phillies are a better overall team then the Rockies too. But that meant nothing because the Rockies were so hot.

The game is not played on paper. Especially for Baseball. It is probably the best example of a sport where ANYTHING can happen on any day.

If baseball was played on paper, the Yankees would win the World Series every single year.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 10:50 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Ill insult the browns all i want.....3-3 isnt exactly the profile of greatness and as far as insulting you, its only an insult if you take it as one but from the way ive read your posts in this thread, youre just down on the Sox because they beat Cleveland(which is a good baseball team) its not my fault nor anyone elses that Sabathia or Carmona or Westbrook couldnt get the job done; if you feel the need to flame someone, flame that 3rd base coach who help up Lofton in Game 7 and if you want to flame me go ahead i could care less cause flames from a 15 year old(unless youre lying about your age) show up on my radar as much as the first 7 teams have shown up on the Patriots radar laughing

I don't lie about my age... I'm 15 since the 6th...

3-3 is a decent record so far... We only lost to the Steelers, Raiders, and the Patriots, and all of them are good teams...

And you forgot that Hafner didn't show up... (Don't blame it all on the pitchers, it was Hafner and Sizemore's fault, too... They didn't show up for games 5-7)

And I'm not flaming any one person, I'm flaming everything, cuz I felt the need to vent my anger (that was a heartbreaking loss, you know)...

Now, as I said earlier, Rockies win because they're on a roll... On paper, they're good (not great, but good), but on the field, they're GOOD... No one can beat them right now...

And I might add a Cleveland Sports thread, so KMC Forums isn't all "Official *insert sport here* Thread"... Anyone interested?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 11:33 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magic_hate_ball

I don't lie about my age... I'm 15 since the 6th...

3-3 is a decent record so far... We only lost to the Steelers, Raiders, and the Patriots, and all of them are good teams...

And you forgot that Hafner didn't show up... (Don't blame it all on the pitchers, it was Hafner and Sizemore's fault, too... They didn't show up for games 5-7)

And I'm not flaming any one person, I'm flaming everything, cuz I felt the need to vent my anger (that was a heartbreaking loss, you know)...

Now, as I said earlier, Rockies win because they're on a roll... On paper, they're good (not great, but good), but on the field, they're GOOD... No one can beat them right now...

And I might add a Cleveland Sports thread, so KMC Forums isn't all "Official *insert sport here* Thread"... Anyone interested?

I wont blame it on Sizemore and Hafner cause Sabathia, Carmona and Westbrook started those games. And as i said before if youd listen the Rockies have had too much time off! Once you stop because you sweep your opponents and have to wait....YOU LOSE MOMENTUM!!! RIght now because the Sox still have momentum in their favor, they will keep it while the Rockies will have to build it up again. And watch who you flame.....smile

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 02:36 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I wont blame it on Sizemore and Hafner cause Sabathia, Carmona and Westbrook started those games. And as i said before if youd listen the Rockies have had too much time off! Once you stop because you sweep your opponents and have to wait....YOU LOSE MOMENTUM!!! RIght now because the Sox still have momentum in their favor, they will keep it while the Rockies will have to build it up again. And watch who you flame.....smile

But it's just as much Hafner and Sizemore's fault as it was C. C.'s and Carmona's... They didn't get the offense going... (And Westbrook pitched surprisingly well in game 7, btw)

They may have had a lot of time off, but they're still hot off a sweep... Despite the fact they haven't played in a while, they still have that tad bit enough to keep them going... You know, like a "I think I can" type attitude, that is what's giving them momentum...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:04 AM
magic_hate_ball

6-1 bottom of the 5th...Beckett is cooling off the "hot" Rockies, the starting pitcher got chased out after 4 innings of work and Beckett has 8 K's thus far.....so far it looks like 1 down 3 to go big grin

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 02:29 AM
magic_hate_ball

wait! make that 8-1 Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 02:38 AM
magic_hate_ball

i think the Rockies got tired of the Sox hitting them so theyre walking in the runs now.....13-1

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 03:02 AM
FistOfThe North

I HATE THE SOX!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!"

Oh, and the Rockies will beat the Sox, it's a fact, they've been playing really well lately

Sure about that?

Cause the Rockies got it soxed to them last night. How about that 5th inning?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 01:07 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

- Celtics players K. Garnett, P. Paul and R. Allen are on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

- DL Richard Seymour is back with the Patriots

- And the BoSox whipped the Rockies like children last night.

It can't get better than that in Boston. The place is going nuts.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 02:19 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

You could even go past the pro level. Boston College is kicking ass...so far.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 02:44 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

We have the best team Baseball team in the MLB.

We have the best football team in the NFL.

I think we have the best team in the NBA.

I know, this year: 2007, we'll win the Super Bowl, The World Series Championship and the NBA Championship.

Yea Boston!

i'll give you baseball and basketball. However, the football team is average. An average team with consistancy but average none the less. Oh yeah, your hockey team sucks old dirty ass stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 06:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Re: Re: Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i'll give you baseball and basketball.

However, the football team is average. An average team with consistancy but average none the less. Oh yeah, your hockey team sucks old dirty ass stick out tongue

An avarage team? Lol, we've won more Super Bowls this decade than any other team in the league this decade/century/melinea. And don't forget that we're currently undefeated...You call that avarage?

And I don't know much about the status of the Bruins cause i'm not into the NHL but they are still well liked here in Boston, as bad as they are.

The Pats championship run reminds me, in a way, and in a tiny bit of the Celtics legacy. The Celtics after all have the most NBA championships in the league.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 08:24 PM
Quiero Mota

Re: Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

Go Sox!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 09:07 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magic_hate_ball

Re: Re: Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i'll give you baseball and basketball. However, the football team is average. An average team with consistancy but average none the less. Oh yeah, your hockey team sucks old dirty ass stick out tongue

hmmm looks like 4 super bowls in 6 years a 7-0 start and thats "average"? As far as the Bruins, thats no one fault but management being money hungry but right now i dont see them sucking....on behalf of the two remaining true Bruins fans, were sorry that our owner has short arms and deep pockets but i take solace in the fact it was 50 years between cups for the Rangers smile

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 09:47 PM
Mr Parker

sad but true.I hate to see a town having so much success in EVERY sport.you forgot to mention the bruins and boston college as well.they are also running away with it all.however as mentioned before by others,the celtics arent running away with anything.havent since the larry bird days. confused Boston will win the world series by the way,colorado is too young and inexperienced and they havent faced the likes of the bats that the red sox have as they are now finding out after game one.plus I think the layoff really hurt them.i will be glad when the sox will it all THIS time.Last time i wasnt because they backed into it all.If it had been like the old days where the team who wins the division moves on to play in the playoffs and the teams that finish second or worst stay home,boston would never have made it to the world series in 2004.
so they really DID back into it that year they won their first world series and werent deserving of it.I feel they didnt earn it even though they came back 3-0 because the playoff format should be the way it used to be where if you dont finish in first,you stay home and the first place finisher moves on to the playoffs.so they really backed into the world series that year and should have an asteresk next to them.

This year I will be happy when they win it all because THIS year they ARE deserving of it all since they had the best record in the american league and finished first in their division.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Oct 25th, 2007 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 10:09 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote