KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

No the Wild Card is so much better. It makes the regular season more exciting, and the playoffs more exciting too.

Little fact for games 3-5, Lowell, Youkillis, or Ortiz will have to bench it due to the DH, and IMO it will hurt Boston big time.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 06:57 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I totally disagree.I hate it,find it boring and will ALWAYS hate it.oh and I will go as far as saying not only will the red sox win it all,they will sweep it as well.if not a sweep,the most it will go will be 5 games.the sox got everything going for them right now and the rockies are just too youthful and inexperienced.I agree that having one of them being benched will hurt them but they got the pitching as demonstrated in the first two games to win it all.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Oct 26th, 2007 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 08:53 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Re: Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
We have the best team Baseball team in the MLB.

We have the best football team in the NFL.

I think we have the best team in the NBA.

I know, this year: 2007, we'll win the Super Bowl, The World Series Championship and the NBA Championship.

Yea Boston!

I don't see the Celtics winning anything other than a playoff game or two. The Red Sox didnt win anything yet, and neither did the Patriots, as of right now all those teams has the potential to win championships, but having potential, and forfulling potential are two different things.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:05 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Re: Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

We have the best team Baseball team in the MLB.

We have the best football team in the NFL.

I think we have the best team in the NBA.

I know, this year: 2007, we'll win the Super Bowl, The World Series Championship and the NBA Championship.

Yea Boston!

i always wondered why it is Boston gets to claim the Patriots as their own. I mean last I checked Foxboro might be closer to Providence Rhode Island than Boston. And I mean they are the NEW ENGLAND team not even exclusive to Mass.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 12:44 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Like I said, i think, besides it's to ealry to rate the teams. Just don't forget that we have Ray Allen, Paul Piece and Kevin Garnett just on our starting lineup.

Just on your starting lineup? Where else would they be? Let us know when those guys are their bench players.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 04:05 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Re: Re: Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

Originally posted by wuTa
I don't see the Celtics winning anything other than a playoff game or two. The Red Sox didnt win anything yet, and neither did the Patriots, as of right now all those teams has the potential to win championships, but having potential, and forfulling potential are two different things.

They're all going to win it all.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:41 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Re: Re: Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

Originally posted by forumcrew
i always wondered why it is Boston gets to claim the Patriots as their own. I mean last I checked Foxboro might be closer to Providence Rhode Island than Boston. And I mean they are the NEW ENGLAND team not even exclusive to Mass.

And the last time I checked Foxboro was in the state of Massachusetts, with it's capitol being Boston. But mostly everyone knows that the Patriots and Boston are more synonymous more than any other city in N.E. Hell, the Patriots use to play in Fenway Park way back when there was no Foxboro Stadium. But you're right, she does belong to N.E.

Either way.. Go Pats!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:45 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

BOOYAA!....... to all you nonbelievers. We did it again. (Damn I didn't even go to sleep a last night without caring that i have had to be here at work @ 8:45am. (we threw the impromtu Rex Sox Championship party of the decade -inside and outside the house, i didn't care if it was cold as hell out with no coat on.)

Bring out the broom for the sweep!

I told you! I precisely predicted the Red Sox championship with perfect accuracy. I knew it from the start of the season.

YES!....

The better team won frankly, which means Colorado wasn't the better team after all.

(Oh, and the Patriots won again, lol) while continuing to shalaka teams and shatter records.

It's the city's 5th pro sports championship since 2000. Pats were this close || to winning it all last year, too. The festivites will continue. Then the Pats will win, ah man...

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! Whoa! GO SOX!

lmao!!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:06 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Colts beat Pats next week and in AFC Championship. Bank on it. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 08:40 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magic_hate_ball
KILL!KILL!THIS IS HOCKEY!

BOOYAA!....... to all you nonbelievers. We did it again. (Damn I didn't even go to sleep a last night without caring that i have had to be here at work @ 8:45am. (we threw the impromtu Rex Sox Championship party of the decade -inside and outside the house, i didn't care if it was cold as hell out with no coat on.)

Bring out the broom for the sweep!

I told you! I precisely predicted the Red Sox championship with perfect accuracy. I knew it from the start of the season.

YES!....

The better team won frankly, which means Colorado wasn't the better team after all.

(Oh, and the Patriots won again, lol) while continuing to shalaka teams and shatter records.

It's the city's 5th pro sports championship since 2000. Pats were this close || to winning it all last year, too. The festivites will continue. Then the Pats will win, ah man...

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! Whoa! GO SOX!

lmao!!

"ROLLING.....RALLY!" - Mayor Tom Menino

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 10:30 PM
magic_hate_ball is currently offline Click here to Send magic_hate_ball a Private Message Find more posts by magic_hate_ball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by DanZeke25

Damn you know what? That's gonna be the Pats tougest game in a long time. It's gonna be THE game to watch. (Even thought the Pats will take it.

With the Colts @ 7-0 coming through as the defending champions and the Pats (8-0) just naturally a championship type team, it'll be a helluva game. But the Pats'll win. There's superhot.

I still can't get over that 52-7 shalaken the Pats handed the Skins.

lol.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 01:16 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by magic_hate_ball

"RRRrolling.....RALLY, baby!! I'll be there @ City Hall. I'll catch an early break and head over and celebrate with the 2007 World Champions: The Boston Red Sox. Whoa!

My girl got me this all Red T-shirt that reads "AGAIN!" So I'll be throwing that on today for the rally.

Wicked.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 01:22 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by magic_hate_ball

Check this pic out. I saw it on the cover of a local magazine on my way back from the Red Sox Rally.

The Boston Celtics, back from the dead. See the Bruins tombstone? Hopefully they'll be the next to rise.

Here are Living Legends Robert Parish, Kevin McHale, and Larry Bird.

Attachment: celticrise.jpg
This has been downloaded 69 time(s).

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 06:17 PM
magic_hate_ball
KILL!KILL!THIS IS HOCKEY!

Check this pic out. I saw it on the cover of a local magazine on my way back from the Red Sox Rally.

The Boston Celtics, back from the dead. See the Bruins tombstone? Hopefully they'll be the next to rise.

Here are Living Legends Robert Parish, Kevin McHale, and Larry Bird.

eek! great pic! i hope the bruins will rise next as soon as Bergeron is ok..... confused

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 11:52 PM
magic_hate_ball is currently offline Click here to Send magic_hate_ball a Private Message Find more posts by magic_hate_ball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rockies will beat Red Sox.
Colts will knock off Patriots.
Celtics won't get pass the 3rd round.

You heard it hear first.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 06:29 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

lol ^

he'll be 0-2 with his predictions by next week. And ultimately 0-3.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 12:50 PM
FistOfThe North

Could you repeat that?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 02:57 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sorry but I just hate the Pats so much. I always prefer the underdog and the Pats are NEVER the underdog going into a match.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 04:41 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I'm sorry but I just hate the Pats so much. I always prefer the underdog and the Pats are NEVER the underdog going into a match.

You'll always have enemies when you're on top. The higher you are the more enemies you'll aquire because everyone's gunning for you cause everyone wants to be the best. But that spot can only belong to one..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 05:14 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Could you repeat that?

'Tis too bad Marvin Harrison was not playing.

AFC Championship will be a different story, assuming the Colts have everybody back.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 09:09 PM