KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs

Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

The head smashing fatality from MK2 was always a fave. Here's a bad quality vid of Jax shooting somebodyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XbAaV2svo

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 08:52 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, he looks much better with just cybernetic arms. Becoming a full cyborg makes him lose some of his coolness.

And most of all, his humanity. sad

Who will your main fighters be?

Well I know I'll be using Jax of course. He's an old-time fav. Other than that, I think I'll be using Scorpion, Batman, some of the Joker (especially if Heath Ledger's Joker ends up being an unlockable skin , which has been considered by Midway), Deathstroke, and Darkseid (I hear that he sucks in this game though, so I may not use him much. Depends).

Originally posted by Man of Violence
Jax was always cool to me. It was a real suprise when they 1st gave'im metal arms. I remeber when I was a kid and I 1st saw'em, I was like whoa! that's cool! I wanted metal arms.

Heh. That was kinda my first impression when I first saw him in MK Annihilation (he was pretty much the only thing I liked about the movie).

Originally posted by I-Drop
The head smashing fatality from MK2 was always a fave. Here's a bad quality vid of Jax shooting somebodyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XbAaV2svo

Spamming his machine gun move was always fun. Now if only they could've had that move of his in the older games..

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 09:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Not only is what Jax is doin' funny (OOOOOhhhhh, yeah, like the Kool-Aid Man)
but the horribleness of that vid only adds on laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Heh. That was kinda my first impression when I first saw him in MK Annihilation (he was pretty much the only thing I liked about the movie).

No lie, I was jax for Halloween when I was a lil kid. I wanted to be Scorpion but the costumes had sold out so my brother put aluminum foil on my arms and said I was Jax...

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Nov 29th, 2008 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 09:33 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Originally posted by Man of Violence
No lie, I was jax for Halloween when I was a lil kid. I wanted to be Scorpion but the costumes had sold out so my brother put aluminum foil on my arms and said I was Jax...

Did you ever try being Jax in the later Halloweens?
And most of all, his humanity. sad

Like you said: it's good that this game isn't canon.

That goes for me, too. Jax was the only reason why I watch that movie.

I'm still somewhat disappointed that Cage was killed off within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 03:15 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That goes for me, too. Jax was the only reason why I watch that movie.

I'm still somewhat disappointed that Cage was killed off within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

Same here. Linden Ashby refused to return as Cage in Annihilation because he didn't like the idea of his character getting killed off like that, so they hired some other guy to do it.

-------

Jax has pretty good senses. He stops Smoke (in his human/original form, which is rarely seen) and Jade from killing him in his sleep (after getting beaten up by Goro and sent to a hospital). This is before he gets his metal arms.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 06:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I don't blame him for doing that, but he could've gotten some extra money for doing a short role.

That's a pretty cool scan. Besides his strength, did Jax's bionic arms increase his other attributes?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 06:22 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah..

As for your question, I'm not sure really. It is odd though how Jax gets rid of his metal arms in Annihilation, yet he keeps wearing them in the games (granted, the movie is non-canon, but it still made sense for him to get rid of 'em).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 06:30 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I was wondering about that, too. I was wondering why he took them off since the only game in which he doesn't have the bionic arms is MK2.

Then again, I remember him not having the bionic arms in one of the 3D MK games. I forgot which one, though.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 06:35 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think it was Deadly Alliance/Armageddon that he didn't have them, but only as an alt costume. erm

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:04 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Yeah, it was an alternate outfit.

The outfit was yellow and sleeveless, but I can't find a picture of it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:11 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Same here. Linden Ashby refused to return as Cage in Annihilation because he didn't like the idea of his character getting killed off like that, so they hired some other guy to do it.

-------

Jax has pretty good senses. He stops Smoke (in his human/original form, which is rarely seen) and Jade from killing him in his sleep (after getting beaten up by Goro and sent to a hospital). This is before he gets his metal arms.

Cool. You got scans of all the MK books?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:20 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Cool. You got scans of all the MK books?

Unfortunately, nah. Well, not myself anyway. Found 'em on this site. stick out tongue

http://www.mortalkombatblackout.com/gallery/comics/

Just click on one of the covers, and it'll show every scan (one at a time) of that book after you click Next. smile

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:30 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 09:42 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Unfortunately, nah. Well, not myself anyway. Found 'em on this site. stick out tongue

Just click on one of the covers, and it'll show every scan (one at a time) of that book after you click Next. smile
Awesome! Thanx, mane

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:58 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

That's awesome.

I'll be going to that site more often.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:28 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Awesome! Thanx, mane

You're welcome. smile

That's awesome.

Indeed. big grin Didn't think Sub-zero would be such a wuss in the comics though erm, but I still like the way Jax beat him there. haha

I'll be going to that site more often.

Same here I guess. I saw that there were also MK Deception comics that never got released (they're still for sell online though), but haven't seen scans of them anywhere, unsurprisingly. It's too bad. I would've liked to see scan-related feats of Shujinko and Onaga, whether they be canon or not.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2008 02:30 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Bitter irony. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jax has a habit of ripping off other people's arms, so Ermac one-ups the major and uses his mind to destroy Jax's

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 04:51 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Bitter irony. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jax has a habit of ripping off other people's arms, so Ermac one-ups the major and uses his mind to destroy Jax's

At least [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he gets new ones.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 03:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

I liked that in MK 2011 we actually discovered why Jax got bionic arms (and why he NEED them).

In the original timeline, IIRC those arms were a sorta of "exoskeleton" that Jax used intentionally (like in the AWFUL MK Annihilation move). And since (MK2 canon comic) Jax is said to be the "strongest man on Earth", that made him quite a wuss: Liu Kang, Sonya, Cage, etc were able to fight bare handed and Jax needed arm implants to keep up with them, even if he's bigger and physically stronger.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 01:02 PM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 04:44 PM