KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Cyberdemon

The Cyberdemon
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

...What?

Cyberdemon vs. Master Chief?

Did people really debate that?

Lol.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 03:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed.
Cyberdemon's still pretty badass himself though, despite being overrated by some people. Never can get enough of that wicked awesome design of his in Doom 3.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 08:40 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It would've been interesting if Cyberdemon made an appearence in that Doom movie. Guess he wasn't in it because he didn't have that big enough fan base.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 01:07 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well, I heard the Doom movie was gonna have a sequel, so maybe Cybey will be in that. With the way they screwed up the monsters in the first movie though (like the Hell Knight using a chain saw instead of its classic green fireballs), I reckon Cyberdemon will be almost nothing like in the games. no expression

Speaking of which, it was fun fighting that boss with Neo Darkhalen earlier in Tower of Babel on Nightmare difficulty, even though he kept killing us in one hit and all we had for the most part was a Pistol and a Rocket Launcher to pick up if we got lucky. (Doom in Games Marketplace on X-Box Live)

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 01:21 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Why did people screw up the Doom movie? Why didn't they make the plot about scientists making a portal to Hell and it goes on the fritz unleashing demonic hordes but instead it's mutated people gone crazy?

Cyberdemon is better than all the other demons in Doom and I hope he returns in Doom 4.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 11:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

You know.... The Classic Doom's Cyberdemon's canon actually weights in exess of 1'000 KG (= 1 tonne) and fires missiles of similar capability to Mamothtusk Missiles, Those things are capable of leveling buildings in single hits, and Spartains have been killed by much less...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 02:05 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Spartans routinely take blasts many times hotter than the sun, and you act like it could hit MC.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 02:07 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Chief used his hand to swat away a missile fired at him from a jet fighter...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 03:55 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This is more of a versus thread than a respect thread.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 03:57 AM
Darkstorm Zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Spartans routinely take blasts many times hotter than the sun, and you act like it could hit MC.

Your comparing plasma energy discharges to Hellfire explosions? Cheif's only got reallyy fast reflexes, read my vs thread.

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
The Chief used his hand to swat away a missile fired at him from a jet fighter...

A lockon missile desighed for AT applications vs Explode on Impact Dumbfire Missiles? Dude..... Even you know Cheif wouldn't take that kind of rsk vs the amount of missiles the Demon will be lobbing at him.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 02:36 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was referring to his reflexes, not his durability.

My point is this:

Doom Guy can dodge those missiles. A skilled player can actually go the entire fight without getting hit.

Thus, this is a fact:

Chief can dodge them easily. Very easily. They move slower than bullets.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:16 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Your comparing plasma energy discharges to Hellfire explosions? Cheif's only got reallyy fast reflexes, read my vs thread.

A lockon missile desighed for AT applications vs Explode on Impact Dumbfire Missiles? Dude..... Even you know Cheif wouldn't take that kind of rsk vs the amount of missiles the Demon will be lobbing at him.
1. Hellfire is a title that means nothing. You can't actually prove they are as hot as Plasma Rifle bursts. Chief's got really fast reflexes, is much stronger than most things in Doom, is durable enough to take nearly everything they can throw, and can floor most things with his bare hands in Doom.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:48 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Reffer to what hellfire actually is TGE... It burns hotter than magma, maybe even hotter than superheated plasma...

And yes I can, they disintegrate DEMONs, you know, beings capable of withstanding ambient heat in hell nakkid? it's said that their eepidermal tissues are extremely resistant to abrasions, incisions and burns, not to mention that a large portion of these creatures can anctually manifest and hold cohesive plasma masses.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 06:01 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Cyberdemon is an ass in the level Against Thee Wickedly (from episode 4: Thy Flesh Consumed).

That is all.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 08:23 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Cyberdemon is an ass in the level Against Thee Wickedly (from episode 4: Thy Flesh Consumed).

That is all.

And we had the unfortunate pleasure of finding that out first hand.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 12:32 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep , though at least he sometimes takes out the nearby Cacodemons for you if one of them accidentally attacks him when trying to get you.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Feb 16th, 2009 at 03:11 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 03:09 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It just occurred to me recently, that in an old PC World article, Cyberdemon was voted #16 of the top 47 "Most Diabolical Video-Game Villains of All Time".

There's so many things wrong with that list in general... but I'm kinda glad Cybey was included, even if he isn't really that diabolical besides being Hell's mightiest warrior and what not.

Also, don't know why I never posted this before, but this is an awesome mod (basically a Doom 3 version of "Tower of Babel" with Cyberdemon being vulnerable to regular gunfire, but having a crapload of health as usual).

I'd love to play that.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 04:52 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Why did people screw up the Doom movie? Why didn't they make the plot about scientists making a portal to Hell and it goes on the fritz unleashing demonic hordes but instead it's mutated people gone crazy?

Its Hollywood they like to tamper with the storyline for the game movies.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 02:08 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote