KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!

AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SelinaAndBruce

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
to me, they looked like they had some long-standing rivalry, but not any fireworks. Anamaria looked so angry with him that it makes you think she was in love with him at one point, and got shafted.

I thought they did have chemistry it was a interesting dynamic because I think by the end she had softened towards him again. But in the beginning she was rightfully angry. I love when she jumps at him and he jumps back laughing

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 11:21 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

By the by, know full well I'm going to kick my own booty for putting my 2 cents worth in--it just seems like a good idea at this time.

Jack=pirate
AnnaMarie=pirate, now fisherperson
Elisabeth=high born lady, now pirate
Will=blood, pirate, blacksmith, now pirate

Jack + Will=loyalty for whatever DadWilliam Bootstrap Bill, did for a much younger Jack. They had history prior to and begin of Jack's captainacy of the Pearl. Bootstrap did something to stand by Jack, maybe he feels debt owed.

Jack + Annamarie=sailed together prior to Jack losing the Pearl--and yeah, if they didn't they certainly should've--goes without saying she probably had more than a passing fancy for Jack and maybe Gibbs. She's too young to have been around much more than that. I get the feeling she's younger barely than Elisabeth, got a lot more miles.
Jack stole her boat--he didn't distract her with clever card tricks.

Sweet mary michael--Miz Kateloves got it--rock and roll never dies, (yes, old hippie&proud, well, another story) availability and inclination of pirate partners. Jack's the trickster--he does love and care for others, and he is that larger than life 'coyote'.

I think, for my part in the telling, men gotta get there first...women, we don't care until we are the last and only--any man of that time, that occupation, would have had partners--Jack's saving grace in all this is his ability to romance the pants, not plunder the panties.

And whatever ship, well, darlin's, we all know that if'n we'd a been there and he showed up to ask us to 'dance', well, we'd be making the effort to kick up our heels. Love to say I'm not a victum of flesh, however affordable decadence has always been a good thang.

I strongly believe there was a very interesting relationship between the two and that he did a few ladies of Tortuga--he's a man, such is life then and mostly now. Again, sorry, seemed okay at the time.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 08:22 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bychance

I was sad to see Anamaria not in the second Pirates film. I also liked Tia Dalma, but once again...nothing came out of it.

Now it looks like Penelope Cruz is the new love interest for POTC4. I wish it was Zoe Saldana, but you can't always get what you want lol.

what do you have against keira? remember that before this series, Depp had no critical acclaim whatsoever. and keira's likely got another oscar nomination in the bag this year with atonement.

I do believe Will was written that way, but Orlando has essentially played very similar roles since he started acting. Legolas? Balian? That weird Elizabethtown movie may be his only non-moody-action-film role. Not that I have anything against him at all... but usually i sort of ride him off as a pretty face with a great voice.

You're kidding right? confused Edward Scissorhands, Benny and Joon, Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Sleepy Hollow, Blow. He has been a critically acclaimed actor for 20 years now.

I'll have to continue to disagree with you about Orlando... lol... i forgot he was in troy... but i felt like his character in that one was the same old same old again. i havent seen blackhawk down so i cant comment there. i just dont think he has THAT VIBE. ya know? i always find myself comparing him to Leonardo DiCaprio--- both started out as boy toy pretty faces, but through careful and clever maneuvering and brilliant career choices, Leonardo DiCaprio has emerged out the other end as a very respectable actor who does consistently good films and gets nominated for every award in sight. critics love him, audiences love him, he's worked hard at his craft and its paying off. i guess i would have to see Orlando do something besides moody-action-hero to judge him on that, but he just doesnt do it for me.

and honestly, i had never heard of Johnny Depp before pirates of the caribbean... not saying he wasn't amazing or talented, just saying, critical acclaim really doesn't add up to much if films don't bank.

it's fun to look at where the actors were before POTC and where they all are now...

Critical acclaim does not = box office. You're lucky to get both, but most often critically acclaimed actors don't make big movie money.

Last edited by bychance on Oct 6th, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 11:32 PM
bychance is currently offline Click here to Send bychance a Private Message Find more posts by bychance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bychance

Originally posted by bychance
You're kidding right? confused Edward Scissorhands, Benny and Joon, Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Sleepy Hollow, Blow. He has been a critically acclaimed actor for 20 years now.

[/B]

Unfortunately I cannot edit, but I forgot to mention Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. smile

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 01:25 AM
bychance is currently offline Click here to Send bychance a Private Message Find more posts by bychance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote