KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Wonder Woman

Superman vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: Child Rebel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (155): « First ... « 78 79 [80] 81 82 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Given that he's bigger, stronger, just as fast and has more range attacks, that comparison really doesn't work tbh.

It works perfectly as an illustration. In the former scenario, he consistently dominates. In the bizzaro switch, he completely stomps if you are honest. Judgement: Superman.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jul 31st, 2014 at 03:55 AM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 03:50 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by abhilegend
The link is dead, so if Rucka's own forum. So you're asking me a question I can't prove in any way or form?

Also who said Wagner's Trinity was non-canon. I honestly don't think it was ever said to be non-canon.

How can I make a mod ruling on it without concrete proof, especially when it contradicts what's on panel?

It was Didio iirc, but I have to go looking for it.

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
It works perfectly as an illustration. In the former scenario, he consistently dominates. In the bizzaro switch, he completely stomps if you are honest. Judgement: Superman.

Except that Sacrifice isn't actually usable as an example of "standard" Superman, which I've already said.

So no, it isn't even remotely the same thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 03:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

What would happen in a bizzaro world where WW fought like an idiot and Superman fought intelligently? There's your answer, six years in the making.

Actually, that's not the answer, because this event already happened.

You may not know it, but the true answer to your question is 30 odd years gone, and was featured in Justice League of America #207, Volume 1, when Diana's Earth-3 counterpart knocked Superman out and thousands of miles away through the hull of a space station, apparently with a single punch, not taking into account that the hull breach could have been fatal to herself and some of her teammates.

Superman stayed out for the bulk of the comic this was featured in.

Contrast the language of Earth-3 Diana's knockout of Superman here to that of Sacrifice.
You'll have to try very hard not to understand this as Rucka's source material.

http://s228.photobucket.com/user/bl...rt=3&page=1

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:23 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How can I make a mod ruling on it without concrete proof, especially when it contradicts what's on panel?

Except that Sacrifice isn't actually usable as an example of "standard" Superman, which I've already said.

Nobody is saying for you to make a mod ruling for it. And you think all those posters were agreeing with a fake interview?

Really?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:23 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has Superman dominated Wonderwoman on average in the there encounters, yes or no?

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jul 31st, 2014 at 04:31 AM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:29 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Pr...

How many wins would you give Wendy over Superman?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:29 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Actually, that's not the answer, because this event already happened.

You may not know it, but the true answer to your question is 30 odd years gone, and was featured in Justice League of America #207, Volume 1, when Diana's Earth-3 counterpart knocked Superman out and thousands of miles away through the hull of a space station, apparently with a single punch, not taking into account that the hull breach could have been fatal to herself and some of her teammates.

Superman stayed out for the bulk of the comic this was featured in.

Contrast the language of Earth-3 Diana's knockout of Superman here to that of Sacrifice.
You'll have to try very hard not to understand this as Rucka's source material.

http://s228.photobucket.com/user/bl...rt=3&page=1

Again with missing context. She sucker punched him. And then got soloed by Alan Scott and Aquaman.

I just re-read those issues. Man, that was a cluster**** of a crossover.

First, superwoman blindsides superman as he wasn't looking at her at that point

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...erica207-04.jpg

Not to mention that they were all soloed by Alan scott and superwoman was koed by a very weak ultraman colliding with her.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...erica209-18.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...erica209-19.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...erica209-20.jpg

The same ultraman who was thrashed by a weakened superman when he was at full power by absorbing kryptonite rays

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...uadron15-10.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...uadron15-11.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...uadron15-12.jpg

That was writers playing with powers of the characters to suit the story at its finest.
Not to mention, there is no comparison between Superwoman and Wonder Woman's strength level back in the day. In fact Superman made a habit of rescuing Diana in every issue back in the day.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:31 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nobody is saying for you to make a mod ruling for it. And you think all those posters were agreeing with a fake interview?

Really?

No. I actually think it IS rucka. no way will it hold up in a debate though, as what's on panel almost always takes priority.

what was the "really" at?

Has Superman dominated Wonderwoman on average in the there encounters, yes or no?

In canon, in-universe stories? No, he hasn't. though we may have differing opinions of domination.

Originally posted by carver9
Pr...

How many wins would you give Wendy over Superman?

you mean wondy, right? under normal circumstances? none. she'd push him hard for each one, sure, but his longevity beats hers. then again, if he was having a really bad day...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Pr...

You don't think some of her artifacts can aid in her pulling some wins? The both of them know each other strengths and weaknesses. In a forum battle, you don't think she would exploit those weaknesses?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:42 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Pr...

You don't think some of her artifacts can aid in her pulling some wins? The both of them know each other strengths and weaknesses. In a forum battle, you don't think she would exploit those weaknesses?

Let me ask you this. You line in England. You follow football, at all?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 04:53 AM
carver9

Let me ask you this. You line in England. You follow football, at all?

Lol...I can see where this is going but yes, I follow football when I can.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 05:02 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

No. I actually think it IS rucka. no way will it hold up in a debate though, as what's on panel almost always takes priority.

what was the "really" at?

In canon, in-universe stories? No, he hasn't. though we may have differing opinions of domination.

you mean wondy, right? under normal circumstances? none. she'd push him hard for each one, sure, but his longevity beats hers. then again, if he was having a really bad day...

Then we're at an impasse. I could ask Rucka on twitter if you like to have an answer.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 05:07 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lol...I can see where this is going but yes, I follow football when I can.

Okay, so imagine Chelsea are playing... Everton, right?

In ten matches, Chelsea play at their average, and Everton play at their average.

How many matches do Everton win? Averages.

Then we're at an impasse. I could ask Rucka on twitter if you like to have an answer.

You can if you like; like I said, I believe that it's Rucka.

I just don't like debating things I feel I can't prove beyond all doubt. Even if Rucka says it's artist error, the sun was still in the actual panels.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 05:19 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Okay, so imagine Chelsea are playing... Everton, right?

In ten matches, Chelsea play at their average, and Everton play at their average.

How many matches do Everton win? Averages.

You can if you like; like I said, I believe that it's Rucka.

I just don't like debating things I feel I can't prove beyond all doubt. Even if Rucka says it's artist error, the sun was still in the actual panels.

Artist error. In that comic there were a lot of artist errors. Like at one point Superman is looking at Diana using hv and it goes past her shoulders when it was supposed to go over her head. Or HVing clouds while diana was in front of her.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 05:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Artist error. In that comic there were a lot of artist errors. Like at one point Superman is looking at Diana using hv and it goes past her shoulders when it was supposed to go over her head. Or HVing clouds while diana was in front of her.

I'm not saying there isn't artist error. It's STILL what's printed on the page though.

We're not nearly that meta that we always go by what a writer says over what's shown on panel. What's shown on panel is what actually happened, after all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 05:44 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by quanchi112
Weirdo.

Nah, I'm saying this doesn't count.

no expression

Okay, back on topic pls.

Since you asked nicely, Superman wins.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 06:05 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I'm not saying there isn't artist error. It's STILL what's printed on the page though.

We're not nearly that meta that we always go by what a writer says over what's shown on panel. What's shown on panel is what actually happened, after all.

Its still in conjunction with how Superman was never implied to be powered up.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 06:21 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Its still in conjunction with how Superman was never implied to be powered up.

thumb up

If he's closer to the sun, it's naturally implied that he's receiving an amp. It's common sense.

That said, I really don't see how it matters. He wasn't sundipping or anything.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 06:30 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

If he's closer to the sun, it's naturally implied that he's receiving an amp. It's common sense.

That said, I really don't see how it matters. He wasn't sundipping or anything.

So, basically you're saying if there was any extra energy absorbed, it wasn't enough to make a noticeable amp? Diana not saying anything about him being stronger than normal certainly supports he wasn't noticeably stronger than normal.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 06:37 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Delta1938
So, basically you're saying if there was any extra energy absorbed, it wasn't enough to make a noticeable amp? Diana not saying anything about him being stronger than normal certainly supports he wasn't noticeably stronger than normal.

Her not mentioning it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, imo. Especially with the overwhelming "he's not holding back, he's a raging monster" theme running through the comic.

From my point of view:

Diana is fighting a raging monster that hits harder than she does, has more ranged attacks than she does, and can take more damage than she can.

She fully admits she'd trying to slow him down. Not win, but slow him down.

IMO she was holding on, but barely. He was winning. If she was winning, why kill Maxwell Lord?

So I think talking about an amp is largely redundant, when he was hitting her harder than normally anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 06:47 AM