KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Wonder Woman

Superman vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: Child Rebel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (155): « First ... « 82 83 [84] 85 86 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
....Do you even read comic books? I don't even read that many dc comics and I know that freeze breath isn't a viable option.

confused

B-but isn't freeze breath, like, cold and stuff ... ?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 04:56 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
confused

Dang, I forgot. Someone that withstood heat vision to the face from a pissed Superman would most def get stopped by freeze breath.

Good point Blue. thumb up

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 05:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

In H1's defense, however, it was either in the year of Sacrifice or the following that Superboy Prime managed to create freeze breath so cold members of the Lantern Corps perished from his assault.
Never mind that Lantern rings protect them from the near absolute zero cold and vacuum of outer space every time they perform patrols of their sectors ...

Perhaps H1 is thinking Superman can make his freeze breath perform at Prime's level in a serious enough frame of mind?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 05:29 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

In H1's defense, however, it was either in the year of Sacrifice or the following that Superboy Prime managed to create freeze breath so cold members of the Lantern Corps perished from his assault.
Never mind that Lantern rings protect them from the near absolute zero cold and vacuum of outer space every time they perform patrols of their sectors ...

Perhaps H1 is thinking Superman can make his freeze breath perform at Prime's level in a serious enough frame of mind?

H1? Say no more.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 05:38 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

....Do you even read comic books? I don't even read that many dc comics and I know that freeze breath isn't a viable option.
He has admitted to not reading comics.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 05:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
H1? Say no more.

Well, from what I've seen, H1 voices opinions he genuinely believes in and has some basis for those views. If I don't agree with those views (and I often don't), they still seem to be honestly held views and consistent.

Good rational discussion can be pursued there with some hope of positive result.

(At least as rational as comic book medium itself allows, which isn't very.)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:02 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, from what I've seen, H1 voices opinions he genuinely believes in and has some basis for those views. If I don't agree with those views (and I often don't), they still seem to be honestly held views and consistent.

Good rational discussion can be pursued there with some hope of positive result.

(At least as rational as comic book medium itself allows, which isn't very.)

Yeah, but to put it as nicely as possible, he comes across as a tad too "invested" in those opinions, blurring the lines between facts and fantasy. There are scarcely few true facts in our discussions, but some people forget that along the way....over and over....

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:11 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Well, from what I've seen, H1 voices opinions he genuinely believes in and has some basis for those views.
laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:11 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by quanchi112

If I'm having a discussion with somebody, it's far more important for me to know they're arguing sincerely held beliefs that they think they have good reasoning to support.
For, assuming they're in err, you can often convince such people by either expanding their reading base or showing them what they missed.

Little more difficult the type of case Carver describes, however:

Originally posted by carver9

So in 1 hand we have Superman fans using Superman flying Diana to the sun as a speed ft. Then when it's used against them they want to change the story. Thumbs up.

In the wake of Pr's action, I put aside my "Ignore" list to investigate what Carver was talking about. Rather interesting result found in the thread Carver was alluding to, linked below, perfectly in contrast to the stance argued in the thread WE'RE now in ...

Originally posted by abhilegend

Sacrifice? Where he is seeing a larger opponent, took her effortlessly to the sun after blitzing her and then after being exposed to kryptonite oneshotted her? Great example there.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:28 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
H1? Say no more.

Dang, I forgot. Someone that withstood heat vision to the face from a pissed Superman would most def get stopped by freeze breath.

Good point Blue. thumb up

confused

Already been tried and she broke out of it with ease. Also, they are fighting in character so Superman will not spam freeze breath and Diana will not spam the lasso.

Remember there is no PIS here. Superman will not wait for Diana to break out as he knows that she eventually will. Superman will use that opportunity to score hits and attacks on her. Diana will be frozen for at least a few seconds. A second to Superman is like eternity.

Superman doesn't have to spam freeze breath all the time. It's an option that he will employ when he sees fit. It gives him the clear advantage here.
It makes their close combat speed not so close at all.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:47 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread is 83 pages long. This is far away from being spite and it is a toss up.

"Toss-up"? BS. This isn't even a fight. Superman is in a league above her and WW has even admitted to him that she couldn't beat him in combat... At first, I was thinking that most of the people on this board who were seriously underrating Clark just were ignorant of of what he can do because they haven't read more than a handful of Superman comics. I'm starting to think now though that it's just Superman hate. There are only, at most, a couple handful of beings in the DC universe that have a realistic chance of beating Superman. WW is not one of them. Diana admitted she can't beat him and it's been proven by the times they've fought each other. The only way that I could see this as actually lasting for any length of time is if Superman was holding back against Diana longer than he does against everybody else he fights.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Aug 4th, 2014 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:48 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Star428
"Toss-up"? BS. This isn't even a fight. Superman is in a league above her and WW has even admitted to him that she couldn't beat him in combat... At first, I was thinking that most of the people on this board who were seriously underrating Clark just were ignorant of of what he can do because they haven't read more than a handful of Superman comics. I'm starting to think now though that it's just Superman hate. There are only, at most, a couple handful of beings in the DC universe that have a realistic chance of beating Superman. WW is not one of them. Diana admitted she can't beat him and it's been proven by the times they've fought each other. The only way that I could see this as actually lasting for any length of time is if Superman was holding back against Diana longer than he does against everybody else he fights.

Haters gonna hate. *shrug But you see their bias pretty fast. Especially Carver and Quan.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:53 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If I'm having a discussion with somebody, it's far more important for me to know they're arguing sincerely held beliefs that they think they have good reasoning to support.
For, assuming they're in err, you can often convince such people by either expanding their reading base or showing them what they missed.

Little more difficult the type of case Carver describes, however:

In the wake of Pr's action, I put aside my "Ignore" list to investigate what Carver was talking about. Rather interesting result found in the thread Carver was alluding to, linked below, perfectly in contrast to the stance argued in the thread WE'RE now in ...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1
No, that isn't how h1 debates. He has no evidence to support his claims. It's like me posting a character blasting another and defeating them and saying that same blast beats the character in the thread regardless of the characters abilities and reflexes. Foolish.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 07:04 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by h1a8
Remember there is no PIS here. Superman will not wait for Diana to break out as he knows that she eventually will. Superman will use that opportunity to score hits and attacks on her. Diana will be frozen for at least a few seconds. A second to Superman is like eternity.

Superman doesn't have to spam freeze breath all the time. It's an option that he will employ when he sees fit. It gives him the clear advantage here.
It makes their close combat speed not so close at all.
Post evidence.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 07:04 PM
dial J for Josh

That explains everything. Yet he continues to make bizarre claims.

Also h1 tends to cling onto one concept or argument and instead of formulating other theories he strictly focuses on that. Then if someone proves him wrong he creates a cherry picked scenario to cater to his argument that will more than likely never happen. Also I can never take a guy seriously who says that the Silver Surfer would beat Thanos. And again he said he would win due to a cherry picked scenario which is out of surfers character via black hole...

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 07:37 PM
dial J for Josh is currently offline Click here to Send dial J for Josh a Private Message Find more posts by dial J for Josh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Badabing
Didn't you hear? We voted and you're no longer even in the House of El.

A Kick to your filthy snout should let you know who is REALLY in charge here!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 09:31 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sasaraixx

Originally posted by abhilegend

And she was barely holding back her attacks, which had barely any effect on him.

Bloodied ears, a slit throat and bruised ribs say otherwise.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:41 PM
Sasaraixx is currently offline Click here to Send Sasaraixx a Private Message Find more posts by Sasaraixx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Sasaraixx
thumb up

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:43 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Sasaraixx

Bloodied ears? Where? And slit throat by essentially a sucker shot with a magical tiara? That healed in seconds? And what bruised ribs? There is not even a hint about bruised ribs. As it is, she punched him and it didn't even move his head.

(please log in to view the image)

Pathetic by any measure when his punches were oneshotting her and he was essentially snapping her bones like twigs. In a straight up fight, he would break her in half.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 03:43 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Why?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 03:59 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote