KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch

Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch
Started by: Newjak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulkster
A nice fella who goes by DarkSaint85.

Are you arguing that the strength of a weakened human can destroy DC planet's?

And a punch is shown.

Where?

Weakened human? Are you drunk?

No, it wasn't. Superman was crouching down to jump off the planet.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 04:55 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Gotta love how the attempts to low-ball a feat just backfire on the Marvel dick riders. Let's assume the author did indeed intend for Superman's fist hitting the ground to be a factor, which is a circular argument. Let's even pretend that it had just as much to do with it as the jump. A massively weakened Superman who can't even fly, destroyed a planet by hitting it once casually with his fist then jumping off it. Even if we pretend Superman was at full power, that's better than when Gladiator destroyed a planet. Which Marvel fanboys would hype up trying to make him>Superman so they can bring up him losing to their preferred Marvel characters. So even if we assume him hitting the ground and zero visible damage contributed just as much to destroying it as the jump, a massively weakened Superman greatly out performed a not weakened Gladiator.

Then the other arguments Hulkster is making only supports that Superman has dynamic strength, something Marvel dick riders, Hulk ones especially, have generally been arguing against despite the proof. Sometimes they're just arguing it's not the same as Hulk's (which is irrelevant since we're not arguing it's exactly the same) but most try arguing he doesn't have it at all.

I don't know if Hulkster argued against him having dynamic powers before (if I've seen it I've forgotten), but if he did, oh the irony of him so desperate to downplay Superman he argues for something he was against.

Reminds me of all those times carter said Amazo is trash, including arguing Wonder Woman stalemating him, only to argue Wonder Woman stalemating him was amazing when he needed it to be.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 05:32 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by abhilegend
Where?

He's trying to use DarkSaint's arguments against you, which I think was more a point DS was making against them trying to downplay Superman's jumping feat.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 05:34 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Where?

Here. And read the post he was responding to and the one that one was responding to.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well, up until now it's not as if we'd seen it every week , lol.

So no, it's not normal.

I am interested though in what 'normal' Hulk is though, if you think Hulk has true dynamic strength on a different level smile

Edit: maybe you can succeed where Carver failed. Step up.

What are the feats which say the othrrs can do it?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 05:44 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If you are talking about reality punch, that happened way before Infinite Crisis. In fact most of post Crisis history was changed by that.

You'd have to call whole of post Crisis reality malleable then.

I only consider what happened after Prime shattered the prison to be relevant. Even if we leave THAT out? There's still Earth 2 just appearing like that.

I mean, reality tends to be at least a little malleable at all times anyway. Otherwise reality warping wouldn't exist, but generally, if you want to narrow it down, what happens to the multiverse before their fight means that to me at least, it would be unfair to act like nothing was going on around them.

Not that I think many characters could replicate their feat, mind you.

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
My whole point is the last paragraph

And I mean if we considering Superboy prime altering reality, Then why should not considering this universe was far stronger than normal universe? If we considering that then the universe is malleable actually is a moot

I still feel like I'm not understanding you, sorry.

Prime was able to affect reality because Prime is just that strong. He's Superman without any kind of restraint, so naturally if you put him in a position where he alone can affect change, he's going to do so. The strength or lack of any universe doesn't really come in to it, for me.

==

Also, a whole lot of you need to get out of your damn chairs. There's force involved in jumping. Energy transference. JFC.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 06:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Here. And read the post he was responding to and the one that one was responding to.

I don't see anything that shows what you're talking about.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 06:12 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol. You misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

I was trying (and succeeding) in making you argue that Superman has true dynamic strength.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 06:17 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by -Pr-
I only consider what happened after Prime shattered the prison to be relevant. Even if we leave THAT out? There's still Earth 2 just appearing like that.

The prison shattered at the time when Ted Cord was still alive, so months before the fight between Supermen.

[b](please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)
quote:

I mean, reality tends to be at least a little malleable at all times anyway. Otherwise reality warping wouldn't exist, but generally, if you want to narrow it down, what happens to the multiverse before their fight means that to me at least, it would be unfair to act like nothing was going on around them.

Not that I think many characters could replicate their feat, mind you.

Its not being fair or unfair. This is how a Superman feat is typically downplayed, imaginary proof of reality being unstable.

If you think reality was malleable, you should show the scan which shows it. I don't think any such scan exists. Until then I am not going to change my stance.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 06:20 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Even though crossovers are generally against the rules, I just wanted to see what people thought about how Surfer plus Storm blasting Darkseid to no avail but Superman has definitely done something punching Darkseid in the face.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 06:54 AM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by -Pr-

I still feel like I'm not understanding you, sorry.

Prime was able to affect reality because Prime is just that strong. He's Superman without any kind of restraint, so naturally if you put him in a position where he alone can affect change, he's going to do so. The strength or lack of any universe doesn't really come in to it, for me.

I mean, Superman bending reality was due to universe unstable just readers rationalize and imagination there havent any proof to support it

Superman can bending reality just by punching is what the comics showing to us

And like you said, Prime is superman without restrainting himself, he could bending reality just by punching it which showed in Teen Titans, So Supes could also bending reality is reasonable

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 07:11 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
I mean, Superman bending reality was due to universe unstable just readers rationalize and imagination there havent any proof to support it

Superman can bending reality just by punching is what the comics showing to us

And like you said, Prime is superman without restrainting himself, he could bending reality just by punching it which showed in Teen Titans, So Supes could also bending reality is reasonable

I think it's just common sense. Heck, the book's writer is among the "rationalize and imagination" but I understand that writer comments aren't counted.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 07:19 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

I think it's just common sense. Heck, the book's writer is among the "rationalize and imagination" but I understand that writer comments aren't counted.
What are you talking about? Throughout the entire storyline never mentioned Supes bending reality was due to any unstability. On the contrary, Comics have solid proofs to supporting Superman bend reality
"This man of steel must break his bonds and bend reality to what he thinks is right. Gis only opposition is our superman"
https://i.imgur.com/oViJlWy.jpg

So I already proved my point, Now its you should prove you point

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 02:32 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Ehem

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 04:55 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

How quickly this thread got quiet

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 05:57 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman was always winning anyway so it's not like it mattered.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 06:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Yeah but it was more of a debate
Now it’s like...no

The feat isn’t really debatable..

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 06:11 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I doubt surfer can even beat superman in a fight anymore

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 06:14 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Why? I need you to think real hard before answering that question

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 09:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by MrMind
I doubt surfer can even beat superman in a fight anymore

Superman would have to be extremely weakened. Superman is the GOAT for top tiers. Nobody can match his feats.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 09:49 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote