KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rambo

Rambo
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm showing him all the "cool" 80's & 90's action flicks I grew up watching.

A lot of cliched guns that never run out of ammo & explosions that throw the bad guys into the air.

So you're giving him great lessons in realism and physics. thumb up

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 05:06 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Son of Rambo when?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 05:30 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
We have received very sad news today. Stallone is retiring as Rambo...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01...ambo-role?watch

I am saddened. I was looking forward to seeing one more final blaze of glory. sad

He is a bit long in the tooth to be Ramboing it up, but he should have done another Rambo considering the last one as decent, instead of those crappy Expendables flicks, couldn't even finish the last one.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 07:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm showing him all the "cool" 80's & 90's action flicks I grew up watching.

So why Rambo then? wink

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 07:30 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
He is a bit long in the tooth to be Ramboing it up, but he should have done another Rambo considering the last one as decent, instead of those crappy Expendables flicks, couldn't even finish the last one.

Yeah, exactly. If he craps out a bunch more Expendables movies I'm gonna be pissed. Too old? Use a stunt double! I don't care. Just make the final movie!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 03:44 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He can't...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 09:14 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

If the last one was good then what's the incentive to make another one? Keep pumping them out until they're shit?

I respect the man for knowing his limits. I'm glad he decided to handle the Rocky mantle over to someone else instead of trying to keep it going himself, too.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 09:54 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He even pumped them when they WERE shit.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 09:58 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I don't think it much about finding a "worthy"'script.
Stallone's a walking bundle of pain. His body can't the rigour anymore.
Filming in exotic places usually means you're pretty far away from hospitals if you get injured.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 10:00 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Tzeentch
If the last one was good then what's the incentive to make another one? Keep pumping them out until they're shit?

He just feels like a character that should have an end. "You live by the sword, you die by the sword." I feel like he should be brought to a bloody conclusion. It feels unfinished. Like a movie without a 5-10 minute resolution at the end.

So no, of course I don't think they should be pumped out until they're shit. It wouldn't matter if a new one was a little less intense than the previous film. It would just mean it would have to be approached a little differently, which is fine. This stupid Hollywood notion that everything has to be bigger, louder, bloodier, dumber each time is just what we're used to.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 11:33 AM
queeq
Chaos

I think Stallone just enjoys making his movies.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 05:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

With that third Expendables movie, Mel Gibson & Antonio Banderas save it from being shit....well for me anyway.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 02:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It just old-gits-having-fun.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 03:34 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I was pleasantly surprised to have someone inform me the other week that Stallone has decided that's he's not too old after all (apparently) and he's planning to do the 5th Rambo film. That's a cruel game he's playing, getting our hopes down...

http://deadline.com/2018/05/sylvest...o-5-1202383468/

https://www.slashfilm.com/rambo-5-development/

And this time John Rambo isn't going to be fighting arthritis! (Or maybe he will be, haha).

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:21 AM