KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rambo

Rambo
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hermoine02
Restricted

Account Restricted

Such a great movie love this movie thanks for sharing.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:02 AM
Hermoine02 is currently offline Click here to Send Hermoine02 a Private Message Find more posts by Hermoine02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Leech- I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or genuine regarding not seeing any of the previous Rambos...?

I am for realz. Just never saw 'em for some reason. Probably wasn't allowed to when I was younger and then forgot about 'em. So seriously, are II and III still good macho escapism? Cuz i'm thinking about a blind blu-ray buy..

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:37 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, and the UHF parody always made it just seem silly... this is hilarious, though... laughing

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 12:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I am for realz. Just never saw 'em for some reason. Probably wasn't allowed to when I was younger and then forgot about 'em. So seriously, are II and III still good macho escapism? Cuz i'm thinking about a blind blu-ray buy..

They're ok...but watching them now they will feel very outdated.
I mean they were very typical for action movies of the late 80's....big explosions, guns that don't run out of ammo & bad guys who can't shoot straight....

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 01:42 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Lol, yeah. But the first one was obviously an older movie, but it really didn't feel too dated. I still really enjoyed it. II and III are much more dated?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:45 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Well Firstblood was true to the novel that it was based on.
It was a simple yet serious & violent story.

2 & 3 were basically an excuse to put a big gun in Rambo's hands & get him to save some POWS or stop the Russian army on his lonesome...

Outdated, as in, there's nothing new, you've seen it all before...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 05:33 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well Firstblood was true to the novel that it was based on.
It was a simple yet serious & violent story.

Just had a look at that novel on wikipedia

Rambo dies at the end of it.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 06:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

2 & 3...

Outdated, as in, there's nothing new, you've seen it all before...

Oh okay, well I don't mind that, as long as they're awesome.. haha

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 12:04 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Kazenji
Just had a look at that novel on wikipedia

Rambo dies at the end of it.

It's a good book, Rambo felt a lot different to me in the book, as did several other characters. I don't have the book so I couldn't check but situations and events are also, I think, changed.

I found it funny when Morell wrote the sequel based off the movie and starts the foreward with something like 'in my first book Rambo died, however he lives on in the movies', I thought, oh, come on, that's the lamest excuse for an author to continue with a dead character. Money talks.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:18 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I found it funny when Morell wrote the sequel based off the movie and starts the foreward with something like 'in my first book Rambo died, however he lives on in the movies', I thought, oh, come on, that's the lamest excuse for an author to continue with a dead character. Money talks.

"Who cares?" I say. Rambo II is pure unadulterated epic greatness. Just watched it. You can kind of tell it was written by James Cameron and Stallone.

laughing

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 02:52 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Hard to get over how distorted Sly's face & neck was in this movie; the after effects of taking human growth hormone to get in shape for the film (illegal in North America, but not in Thailand it seems.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 04:45 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Phantom Ghost
I just wish it was a little longer.

I kind of thought the same thing. Did anyone know that there's an extended cut: Amazon.com? Anybody seen it? I think it's like 9 minutes longer. The deleted scenes on the theatrical cut blu-ray are mostly repeated or extended, but wouldn't have added much. There was one scene where Rambo takes care of a cut on her foot that I thought was pretty good and should have been in the film.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 10:52 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I started watching the 3rd film. Almost halfway through it. It's pretty good so far. Perhaps a little slow-moving, but I really like the old-school style filming at least (long shots without cuts, steady cam, no CGI). I'm enjoying it a lot more than I do many new movies. I'm finding these movies just about as entertaining as the Indiana Jones movies. And the fourth one didn't suck, so it's actually a step above so far...

(I don't care if that's blasphemy stick out tongue )

This is an interesting read, about the potential 5th film... ‘Rambo 5′ Still In the Works, Now Titled ‘Last Stand’

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 02:39 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Oh, geez... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I thought Stallone was being truthful when he says Rambo was ready to be rebooted with a younger actor in the role. THE MAN IS 66 YEARS OLD. How much HGH will he take for the next one?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 03:04 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yeah I really liked the idea of Rambo hunting down a monster hybrid, that was supposedly set in the snow.

The other rumour was Rambo rescuing kids from a Satanic cult.

But yeah the guy's 66...might be time for a prequel or introduce a protege to the franchise.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 03:54 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by roughrider
How much HGH will he take for the next one?

Hopefully enough to make him even more Rambawesome... haha.. laughing

Yeah I really liked the idea of Rambo hunting down a monster hybrid, that was supposedly set in the snow.

No, no, no... I like monster Sci-fi action as much as the next guy (probably more), but that kind of stuff doesn't belong in the Rambo 'verse...

The other rumour was Rambo rescuing kids from a Satanic cult.

Hey, that's not so bad.. the missionaries from number IV could turn out to be cult leaders. stick out tongue

But yeah the guy's 66...might be time for a prequel or introduce a protege to the franchise.

No, no... I like the idea of one more to have him go down in a blaze of glory. "Live by the sword, Die by the sword." He should have a brutal and epic death sequence (hopefully that's why it's called "Last Stand." It's gonna be painful to watch these movies get rebooted and have them be filled with tons of stupid CGI.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 11:57 AM
swill388
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is really true that "Being good isn't always about being nice."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 07:51 AM
swill388 is currently offline Click here to Send swill388 a Private Message Find more posts by swill388 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Stallone reveals a little about the new Rambo he's cooking up...

Clicky

Sounds like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rambo will be going out in a blaze of glory. Sweet.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 12:19 AM
maheshbalan

i like Rambo 1 and 2 very much.....Stallone still looks young at 64 years age.....

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 05:19 AM
maheshbalan is currently offline Click here to Send maheshbalan a Private Message Find more posts by maheshbalan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Good news perhaps...

Is Rambo V Back On? Surprise Movie Poster Suggests It Is

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 11:50 AM