KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well, Sunda is a jedi-in-training, and one focused on combat. I would assume that he has heard the sounds of combat and assumed that I am coming to get him. Then I think he would try to reach out to me with the force. So I'm going to try to sense him and run towards that.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 04:04 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Looking for him in the Force is your best option here. Quam would have opposed you before, there, but you broke his focus. You reach out, trying to quiet your mind and concentrate while fleeing. You sense Quam first, his anger and hubris broiling a short way behind you. But down a short hallway from the Artifact Room, you come to a door. You feel the familiarity of Sunda's mind within, and bust through in a hurry.

You appear to have found Quam's study, ornately decorated with hand-carved furniture and looming bookshelves. A fire roars in the hearth, and a high-backed chair faces it.

You sense Sunda in the chair, but he does not stir despite your noisy entry.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 12:57 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I will quickly go to him and check his vital signs.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 04:15 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No expertise needed to tell that Sunda is alive! You sense as much and you find him breathing (albeit shallowly), slumped in the high-backed chair. Strapped to his chest appears to be some sort of device feeding tubes into his nose. Whatever this is, it's keeping him heavily sedated.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 08:38 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'll disconnect it, using fix-it, or medicine. Whatever is needed.
Then I'll scoop him up

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 03:24 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Three successes on Medicine+Intelligence. You manage to pull the tube from his nose without hurting him, and shut the thing down.

Scooping him up means you can't fight or defend while he's in your arms. Moving forward?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 05:05 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yup. I'm looking for an easy and quick way out of the house.
Any windows near by?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 06:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, large window on your left, drapes closed. You scoop up your unconscious Padawan from the high-backed chair, then turn toward the window... just as Quam strides in, his sleek black repeating blaster aimed at you.

"I have you now," Quam snarls, his perfectly white teeth bared in a vicious, primal grin. At this close range and with Sunda in your arms, you won't make it to the window before he fires. He starts to pull the trigger...

Blam!

Instead of a rapid burst from Quam's Tommy, a green flash emanates behind him and the Dark Jedi stumbles forward, screaming in pain from the blaster wound inflicted in his back. Gabriel Trilanger strides into the study, pistol raised and hot from heavy use, his light blast jacket scorched. The older man keeps his pistol trained on Quam.

"What is it that you Jedi say?" Gabriel quips. "Be mindful of your surroundings?"

Quam groans loudly, pawing at his wound.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 08:03 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well that changes things for the better! Yay!

I'll carefully put Sunda down and draw my saber, but keep it unlit.
First things first, I'll kick Quam's tommy gun away from him, and see if he dropped his saber. I'll grab that too.

"Surrender. You are under arrest."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 06:12 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The Tommy blaster skitters across the floor, but it's not the weapon that Quam chooses to use. In a moment, he throws out his hand and uses the Force to slam Gabriel into the nearest wall, and pins him there, choking for air. But the act is one of anger rather than tactical value- focusing on the CorSec officer leaves him exposed to the Jedi. In a moment, you have your lightsaber to his throat.

Quam just starts laughing.

"I'm not going anywhere with you," Quam says, clenching his fist tighter and watching your face as Gabriel squirms a couple feet off the ground. "I'd rather die, and I'd take you all with me."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 06:46 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

My initial reaction is just to kick Quam in the face. I looked at the rules for grip, and it doesn't mention anything about requiring focus on the target, but I imagine that getting kicked in the face breaks that concentration.

Is he doing something stupid like wearing a bomb?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 07:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Don't be ridiculous! He's not wearing the bomb...

"I have enough thermal detonators packed into the foundations of this place to vaporize us all," Quam snickers. "I've got the detonator, and it's linked to my pulse. I'll admit, I didn't expect to have to play this card. Well done!"

The kick to the face is enough to get Quam to drop the Grip, and he just laughs as Gabriel drops to the floor, coughing but freed.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 08:15 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well, I guess its good I didn't win the duel?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 11:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Looks that way!

You have a decision to make - attempt to subdue Quam or let him go.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 11:59 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'm gonna tell Gab to grab Sunda and get out of there.
Then I'm gonna try to subdue Quam.
By punching him repeatedly in the face. If I knock him out, but don't kill him, no booms.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You have one round, if you want to try knocking him out cold. Gabriel hurt him well with that shot in the back, but you don't know where Quam stands damage-wise. Nor has he sustained any other injuries.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:10 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well I have Martial Arts so I can hit pretty hard, if I tap it.
And I'd be willing to pump all the force points I need to into that.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:17 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Pump them in how? A couple ways you could do so.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:53 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

The only other thing I can see is I can use Strike to turn 1's into successes.

Edit: AH! I also have Guidance. So I can change die-rolls by 2.
That means I can just change rolls to be successes until I get enough to bash him senseless.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:53 AM
REXXXX
Networking

For style, let's say you attempt to smash him over the head with the pommel of your saber. But Quam isn't out of this yet, and can defend himself, and does. He tucks himself away from your effort to cold-cock him, tapping Dodge & Weave and throwing a point into Defensive Leap, rolling away and then springing for the window you sought a moment ago. Your single success disappears against the DL's point of Parry.

Gabriel tries to pull himself up and fires shots at Quam, but the Dark Jedi crashes through the window before the seasoned officer can land anything permanently debilitating.

"Damn!" Gabriel shouts. He taps into his comm. "All units, clear the area! Mansion is rigged to blow! Move!"

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 09:47 AM