KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Announcement - Rules and Sign-Up Thread

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Announcement - Rules and Sign-Up Thread
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The only reason i gave you a hard time Evangel is because I love you..I love like a Bee love's a flower...Like a Squirrel loves his nuts. A love that'll echo throughout the ages.

Trickster,

The only reason I gave you a hard time is because I know you are capable of entering this tournament and doing well. Regardless of the concept, I am sure you can adapt. If those who entered this tournament can do it (especially your arch-rival Papa-Smurph), then you definitely can to. If there any specific "broken" problems you see that the rules don't cover, the best way to show everyone (if its not obvious) is to enter this tournament and abuse the hell out of it while becoming champion.

But I will not force you to enter, nor will I mention it any further. All I will say is that I will be dissapointed if you do not.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 04:59 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Does the Grey Gargoyle need to have both "Death Touch" and "Organic Matter Transmutation" to have the ability to turn people to stone; ergo costing the same as Darkseid?

Powerless Rogue costs 6 points? Rogue with her regular abilities cost 16 points?

Multiple Man with his regular abilities costs more than Thanos?

Zolomon Zoom uses up the entire points allocation?

Wolverine knowing his opponents names only, costs the same as Dr Doom?

Apocalypse costs 10 points?
Champion without the Power Gem costs 10 points?

Wonder Woman with all her myriad equipment costs the same as Mimic without the ability to mimic?

The Engineer with her regular abilities costs the same as Fernus?

Someone may choose four Heralds of Galactus because each of them has a different name, but only one Green Lantern can be selected?

Last edited by xmarksthespot on Feb 13th, 2008 at 05:11 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:03 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

The only reason i gave you a hard time Evangel is because I love you..A love like a Bee love's a flower...Like a Squirrel loves his nuts. A love that'll echo throughout the ages.

Corner...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:03 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Edit: Die you mother****ers. mad

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Feb 13th, 2008 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:13 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Evangel

You have to address my undieing love, which burns with the power of sentry, the burning passion of a million exploding suns

How many points is he, my beloved
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Corner...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:17 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I'LL KILL YOU ALL! ****ing bastards jacking my account......

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:19 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

reported

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:20 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

No one wants to jack anything belonging to you...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:20 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:22 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

**** all you guys! SHIT!!!!!! ****KKKK!!!!!!

EVANGEL I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:25 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

**** all you guys! SHIT!!!!!! ****KKKK!!!!!!

EVANGEL I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Corner...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:29 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Well from JSA comics and various web sites mainly. He's a 5th dimensional imp much like Bat-Mite or Mixzptlk. If Jakeem says "Freeze the other team in time for 10 minutes so I win," nobody on the list could stop it.

Ah..I see where you're getting at, but Thunderbolt is listed at 20 points and Time Manipulation is 19 points. A total cost of 39 points. So doing that costs more than the total points you have (25 points).

I understand that. Without turning people to stone, what on Earth makes Grey Gargoyle on the same level as Superman, World War Hulk, or the Sentry?

He can travel through space indefinitely, and doesn't need to eat or breathe. And anything he touches (excluding people as you said) with his right hand turns to granite. Plus I I recall correctly he was able to fight Thor on a couple of occasions. If you can argue that should be lowered to Prime Meta, I am listening.

I'm posting questions and criticisms here in this thread so that everyone can benefit from them, in hopes that we can all build our teams on a level playing-field.

I appreciate you thoughtfulness.

[B]It's only a bad thing because in his original incarnation, he was no more powerful than the Silver Surfer, probably less so, yet you have him classed higher than Norin. Again, the tiers seem arbitrary and inaccurate.

The fight with both Thor and The Thing at the same time suggests to me that Pre-Ressurection Thanos is still somewhat above Herald level to be able to handle both Thor and The Thing and not be dominated. Plus I believe he killed Adam Warlock (who is listed at 6 points).

I can come up with plenty of strategies, thank you.

That's what I like to hear!

I am frustrated because instead of addressing any of these issues, you have responded (at least within the thread) by either refusing to admit there's anything wrong, or...

At the time, no specific examples like you are actually doing right were brought up for me to answer. Just simple statements such as "this tournament is so broken" and so on and so forth.

..by turning it around and criticizing the critic (calling people chicken, suggesting that I lack ideas) instead of addressing the criticism itself.

I never called anyone a chicken just merely referenced a sound I may be hearing from a certain someone (Trickster). wink

Besides that was just a little good humor to get him revved up to join and fight, because he seemed like he was on the fence on whether or not he really wanted to join. What? I can't have a little fun now and again? wink

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Feb 13th, 2008 at 05:36 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:33 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Warlock 6 + Soul Suck 8 + Organic Matter Transmutation 7 =21

There's one.

Kang 6 + Time Manip 19 = 25 pts

There's another.

Most of the Heralds of Galactus will top 20 if you pay for lightspeed attack, a mega-attack, and matter-trans.

Kang is above Herald and thus not allowed because he is not on the list.

quote:

This is how it will work. You get all the powers a character normally has. If you want to utilize a power the character has that is listed under the Extra Abilities section, it will cost you extra points. If the power is not listed there, it doesn't cost you anything extra.

Buying utter devastation attack only applies to a special attack a character possesses and is rarely used that is very very destructive and sometimes wide-spread like Thor's Godblast or Blackbolt's Scream.

I can't think of any well known ability the Silver Surfer possesses that contains the same destructive capability. Him simply not holding back is not an utter devastation attack.

Thor throwing his hammer reallly really hard doesn't count as utter devastation. Blackbolt whispering (ala world war hulk #1) doesn't count as an Utter devastation attack. Hulk punching someone really really hard doesn't count as Utter devastation. Similarly Silver Surfer flying really really fast and hitting someone doesn't count as utter devastation.

Though I doubt you can go at lightspeed in a battlefield that is surrounded by a 10 mile wide forcefield in all directions without killing all your teammates and slamming into the forcefield at lightspeed knocking yourself out.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Feb 13th, 2008 at 06:15 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 06:09 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Ok, I am going to be as detailed as I possibly can to avoid confusion.

The forcefield prevents any one from leaving or going in. Characters cannot physically leave the battlefield, summon help from other dimensions, or teleport (like regular teleporters like nightcrawler) in or out of the battlefield.

Regarding BFR, if your character has the ability to BFR another character and you want to use that ability, you have to pay for it (unless they are Prime Herald class). If the character that was BFR'd from the battlefield has the ability to "un-BFR" him or herself, they can attempt to do so and return to the battlefield.

For example.

Darkseid uses BFR by using his omega effect on Regular Superman to remove him out of the battlefield. Superman cannot return since he possesses no un-BFR'ing powers like magic/dimensional teleportation/ etc. And his teammates cannot use their powers to summon him back to the battlefield.

If Darkseid BFR's someone like Thor or Dr. Strange, then it can be argued that Thor can use his hammer to send himself back to the battlefield, or Dr. Strange can cast a spell to send himself back to the battlefield. So, it would be best to use BFR on someone who cannot return to the battlefield.

The likeliless or plausibility of BFR (Battlefield-Removal) depends on your write-up and how well you can argue your point and convince the voters. Same goes for "Un-BFR".

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Feb 13th, 2008 at 08:54 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 08:45 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

The sign-up thread is now over.

Here are the list of participants who signed up in the duration of this thread.

1. King Kandy
2. Devil Lance
3. Papa Smurph
4. Darthgoober
5. Symmetric Chaos
6. Laminator_X
7. SmurphSmash!
8. Tony Stark
9. Mr. Biscuits
10. <Reserved> - (awaiting confirmation)
11. <Reserved> - (awaiting confirmation)
12. <Reserved> - (secret participant)

To those who have not confirmed with me recently to me about their reserved spot in the tournament you have until the end of the 1st draft to claim your spot. After the end of the first draft you will be dropped.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Feb 13th, 2008 at 09:14 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 09:00 AM
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Eva can we get a 24 hour notice on when the drafting is going to start, so that peeps can plan on the start time? Because I'm assuming that it's 1st come 1st served as far as characters to be chosen goes. Hence the advanced notice.

cool

Attachment: 166185-iron-man_400.jpg
This has been downloaded 91 time(s).

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 11:45 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Well I would like to participate, if a slot is opens up.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 04:36 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

NVM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 08:13 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote