KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spiderman's greatest enemy

Who is the best spidey villain
This poll is closed.
Venom 15 41.67%
Green Goblin 15 41.67%
Dock Ock 3 8.33%
Hobgoblin 0 0%
Morlun 2 5.56%
Mysterio 0 0%
Kraven 0 0%
Shocker 1 2.78%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiderman's greatest enemy
Started by: harri

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Ahh cool.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 12:27 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Not really never could live up to his father...
Technically he is better since he had that better sirem but green goblin is a legend in spidey comics. I just still dont think he's spidey's greatest enemy

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:14 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Plus he neally killed spider-man, had Harry not turned good and seen the error of his ways then spider-man woulda died

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 10:03 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, Venom could've killed Spiderman like 50 times, I think. But is always interrupted or stops himself in order to prolong the pleasure...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:24 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Which in turn leads to his defeat most of the time.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:30 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeahsmile Well, they need SOME excuse for Spidey to survive his battles with Venom.big grin

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:35 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Sam Z
Yeahsmile Well, they need SOME excuse for Spidey to survive his battles with Venom. big grin

Actually, Spider-Man wins creatively. Like in the second fight, Pete took off his suit and told the Symbiote to come get him. The Symbiote tried to break from Eddie, but the stress of breaking away was so great that both the Symbiote and Brock were left unconscious.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:53 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Not really he just tricks venom, most of the time he runs away and then uses sonics or fire to stop him, I mean how does he beat GG, hit him in the face simple as, that won't work on Venom.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:57 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Not really he just tricks venom, most of the time he runs away and then uses sonics or fire to stop him, I mean how does he beat GG, hit him in the face simple as, that won't work on Venom.

That's very, very, very untrue. "Just hit him in the face"? Not that easy, ever. He's done it maybe once, but he looked like one big bruise aafter getting that close. He does sonics and things with Venom because it makes it easier. He isn't that lucky with Norman. When he hits Norman, he has to hit him hard. Very hard. Mailbox driving his head into the tar hard. Hit him with a desk out a window into a car hard. Norman isn't beatable with just sonics and fire. He needs to be flat out beaten, and he's stronger than Spider-Man, not to mention more skilled h2h.
And even those times(besides the mailbox), he was still ticking.
When Norman was in his unstable faze, Norman could be convinced to stop. In those times, Spidey would try that right before a fight with the dude, because he really, really didn't want to be covered in bruises, blood, and charred skin.

It's that simple. I mean, NOT simple.

Last edited by Mr. Rhythmic on Mar 9th, 2008 at 05:16 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:14 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

just to say, check on ign spidey's greatest enemy that's the real verdict

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 08:37 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

I refuse to go there.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 09:38 PM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Magic_attack
I refuse to go there.

Agreed it will be biased.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 09:40 PM
harri
I may be a geek

WOOOOOO! It's getting close!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 10:17 PM
BUSTER1

Originally posted by Toku King
That's very, very, very untrue. "Just hit him in the face"? Not that easy, ever. He's done it maybe once, but he looked like one big bruise aafter getting that close. He does sonics and things with Venom because it makes it easier. He isn't that lucky with Norman. When he hits Norman, he has to hit him hard. Very hard. Mailbox driving his head into the tar hard. Hit him with a desk out a window into a car hard. Norman isn't beatable with just sonics and fire. He needs to be flat out beaten, and he's stronger than Spider-Man, not to mention more skilled h2h.
And even those times(besides the mailbox), he was still ticking.
When Norman was in his unstable faze, Norman could be convinced to stop. In those times, Spidey would try that right before a fight with the dude, because he really, really didn't want to be covered in bruises, blood, and charred skin.

It's that simple. I mean, NOT simple.

Since when was GG stronger than Spiderman- I think its more the other way round

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 11:55 AM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

lizard.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 03:09 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

oh yeah sorry i forgot lizard and i agree with the most part, my favourite villain considering story, but just isn't recognized as an 'Archenemy'.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 06:22 PM
harri
I may be a geek

here's my opinion

Green goblin took marvel comics by storm when he killed gwen stacy and no one could stop him being spidey's archenemy,he ruled the villains gallery.
But then came Venom, he took the title of archenemy from green goblin and has it ever since. GG has has hit peter at a more peronal level but venom is like a stalker, but isn't a fan of spiderman.

GG is peter parkers archenemy
Dr Octopus is spiderman's archenemy
Venom is peter and spideys archenemy

Venom doesn't need to kill a love of peters life he just needs to kill spidey!!!

ovrall imo Venom is spideys archenemy.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 10:18 AM
spidermanrocks

venom and the green goblin have been spider-man's biggest vilains who always tortured him. but morlun is spider-man's biggest enemy. once morlun touched spider-man he can find him anywhere. i remeber how spiderman fought morlun about 4 or 5 days non stop he was always severely injured and couldn't fight no more.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 04:41 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say that the Green Goblin is Spidey's greatest villain, no doubt, because he's caused Spidey the most grief over the years. Next I'd say Venom, whom I think could become an even greater villain if some good writers got attached some story arcs that involve him.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 07:13 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

Originally posted by Toku King
Green Goblin, no contest. At all. Nobody has scarred, beaten, mentally broken, and hurt Peter as much as Norman has. He's killed Gwen Stacey, killed Ben Reilly, "killed" Aunt May, made numerous other Goblins, almost destroyed New York City more times than I can count, corrupted Harry Osborn, crippled Flash Thompson, destroyed the Daily Bugle, and even beaten and carried Peter's unconcious(sp?) body to the underworld, where Spider-Man laid helpless and a broken man. And I haven't even listed one decade of his damage, let alone the fact that he's been kicking about for at least 25-30 years.

Venom's terrifying, Dr. Octopus is dangerous, and Green Goblin II is insane, but nobody has ruined Pete from the inside out quite like Norman.

enough said.

I mean Venom with Eddie Brock is a close second. All the other people who have worn the symbiote were lame only Brock has the balls for it. But seriously besides knowing his identity Venom has never scarred Spiderman, maybe scarred him once or twice. And besides venom has jumped from villain to anti-hero a few times as well. And now Brock is the Anti-Venom. So GG wins. If you are talking about Venom without Brock that is just lame. Gargan does not compare to Brock, he does not have the balls for the Venom suite.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 10:49 AM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote