KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » DMC: 1920s style

DMC: 1920s style
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

DMC: 1920s style

Kate, if you don't mind, I'd like to kick things off...

(We hear only a heart pounding as the title comes up. We cut to a close-up of Elizabeth, in a stylish 1920s wedding dress. She hears a noise behind her in the pouring rain. She runs to Will and several police officers holding him.)

Elizabeth: Will! What gives?

Will: Search me. You look like a living doll. (she smiles)

Elizabeth: Bad luck seeing the bride before the wedding, though.

Beckett: Hello, I'm Mayor Cutler Beckett and you are both under arrest.

Elizabeth: Under what charges?!

Beckett: Relax, baby. I'm just putting the handcuffs on him before you do. You are both charged with conspiring with notorious mobster Jack Sparrow. I also have a warrant for ex-Commissioner James Norrington, is he here? Looks like you two are over-dressed for the occasion.

Will: No need to feed us any lines! We're getting the bum's rush here!

Beckett: Take them away! (smirks as they are led off) Now...to business...

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 07:42 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is beautiful to see your/willo's and everyone's writing improve, that is, develop from what our writing was previously. Quite pleased. Wow.. It sounds like we are honing in on something. Yess

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 07:52 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

Love it willo..."you look like a living doll"
I'll have a go at it in a while. You've inspired me to write

Freedom...

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 08:06 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just I just was just happy just to just see just Beckett just. (? Why does this coffee reflect the nature of KMC - POTC? Was that funny or somehow wounding? embarrasment )

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 08:14 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

(There's a shot of a state prison and the back door opens. A man puts out the garbage)

(Jack pokes his head out of a trash can and looks around to make sure there's no one there. As soon as he jumps out gunshots fire but the car has already pulled up and Jack jumps in before a bullet hits him)

(Jacks dusts his coat off and picks a banana peel from his shoulder)

Gibbs: Not exactly hotsy-totsy!

Jack: Ran into a couple bumps in the way pal. No worries!

Gibbs: Means you got the big cheese than?

Jack: Who do you think I am?! (takes out a cloth and shows them a secret path for smuggling hooch)

Gibbs and the others: Oh!

Gibbs: No dough involved? We haven't gotten a lot of profits as of late.

Jack: Pal! What do you think this map does?

Gibbs: Leads us somewhere! SO where ever this map leads us must have a lot of dough ain't it?

Jack: If we ain't know where the map go why should we go there?

Gibbs: So we've got to find out where the maps leading us.

Jack: And how do we know that if we don't go there first? Don't get bundled up so easy pal.

Gibbs: Where to now?

Jack: Someplace good you nit wit! Just drive!

Freedom...

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 08:40 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Well done, Tee! I'm so glad you decided to jump in. Anyone else care to get in on the action? smile

I completely forgot about this, by the way... and I am dropping from exhaustion just now, but will go ahead wherever things are left off tomorrow afternoon.

I do think, in the name of pleasing our public, we ought to go overboard on the sparrabeth this time around....

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 06:12 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile "A Confederacy of Dunces"

You would really like the book A Confederacy of Dunces by John Toole, a guy from New Orleans, about New Orleans, who commited sad (sorry is it ok to write bc.. I dunno) su*c*de, the author. We read it in 12th grade in English V. I made my post @ New Orleans in the 1st 1920s Thread after this. smile It has the world Police stamped all over it, too. big grin The author went to the college next to mine, too.

My favorite line is (I don't have the book unpacked..) I read it over and over and couldn't get enough..

"You may be getting Scarlett O'Hara and her pet parakeet (something like this) but you ain' gettin' no fiel' han'." (It is the opposite of Scarlett O'Hara. It's some stupid knobbly hang about or something. It has lots of factory and unemployed scene, description of obesity. New Orleans stories are always 100% funny. Funny this one is a white one. One of a kind..)

It sounds just like us now..

That line was about putting on a show in a restaurant.. This guy always has a puff of smoke about him and a smile and gets yelled at for being black as he cleans the floor. Nice guy.. erm the girl was trying to get the parrot to strip her by putting food on her button maybe. And she just looked stupid then.. and sounded so ugly and s***. But the puff of smoke is like opaque I believe..

But it is set in the early 1960s.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Co...02130204/?itm=1
http://www.amazon.com/Confederacy-D...5840&sr=1-2

Was this a good post or not.. I realized after that this was that new 1920s thing.. erm But I knew it was time..

I guess I am having a hard time being new. I am having so many physical problems right now, but I am getting bigger and bigger every day.

This feels like a library club, now..

Last edited by VioletEyesPop08 on Mar 2nd, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 10:55 AM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I like the way you think kate! After all when one says Sparrabeth one thinks DMC non?

Freedom...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:47 PM
Ditte3

girls I love this 1920's style story.If I have any ideas I'lm gonna tell you,but you're doing so well.....smile

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 10:07 AM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

GAH! We're kinda stuck now...we need help. Maybe I'll write something if I get the inspiration later

Freedom...

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 01:51 PM
Ditte3

i'll try to think of something.The first story was so good.I loved it.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 07:13 PM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

CUT TO...Beckett's office.

(Will is let into it. Beckett is mixing himself a martini. An ominous ceiling fan is spinning above them.)

Song on the record player: I wanna be loved by you/and only you/be boop ee doo)

Beckett: (quickly turns the record player off) Ah, Mr. Turner. I'm sure in all your reporting adventures you've managed to make quite a friend of Jack Sparrow.

Will: More acquaintance than friend. What's this all about?

Beckett: Relax, mac. I have a business arrangement for you. (stands up and looks out his window. A giant clock is being lifted onto the top of the building) Jack Sparrow is a dying breed, what with Ness and his Untouchables closing up the world of organized crime. What I need from you, is a certain item in his possession.

Will: You can forget it. I'm not taking the Pearl from him!

Beckett: His car? A few sticks short of a matchbox, aren't you, kid? No, this item is much smaller, one he keeps on his person at all times. His journal.

(Will looks completely dumbfounded)

Beckett: You don't seem to be familiar with it. Jack Sparrow has a journal. I know this to be true, chasing him for as long as I have. (sighs in an erotic way) He's a real shiek, that Sparrow. We've both left our mark on the other.

Will: What mark did he leave on you?

Beckett: Shut your trap! Find his journal, bring it back to me, and I'll release you and Miss Swann.

Will: What's the catch?

Beckett: I think the more appropriate question, Mr. Turner, is do you really want the first page on your own paper to recall all the details of Miss Swann's slow and painful death in the gas chamber?

Let's bring it back!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 08:54 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Great job Willo!

Come on everyone! This thread is too great and young to die! *exits dramatically stage left*

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 10:00 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ditte3

Good job Willo.I love it.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 01:51 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

UR awesome willo! Let us bring it back indeed. Bring it on!!

CUT TO....Jack in what is his headquarters but is disguised as a doctor's office. He scribbles in a journal as everyone else is passed out on couches and doctor's beds.

Jack(whispers as he scribbles): The hooch is gone...(he grins)

Pulls out his flask but its empty.

Jack: The hooch is gone...quite ironic. Ah Applesauce!!

gets up and stumbles to the back.

Jack (hums): A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by.

He grabs a bottle off a shelf but jumps as he hears the window break. Pulls his gun.
]
Jack: Hands up pal! I got a gun and I'm not afraid to shoot a hole in your poor excuse for a brain.

Bill: I'm not bumping you off pal. It's just me...

Jack takes out a flashlight and steps towards the shadow near the window.

Jack: Bootlegger Bill....TURNER???

Bill: In the flesh ol' boy.

Jack: You gave me the hibbie jibbies pal! I thought you were done for.

Bill: It ain't that easy to get rid of me mac.

Jack pokes his head out to see if the woke anyone. Everyone is passed out.

Jack(shruggs): That's reassuring....so what brings you to my joint?

Bill: I got's to warn u pal.

Jack: I'm on the lam. What else can go wrong?

Bill: Lots it seems...when you're you.

Jack: Does this have anything to do with my map and things of the kind?

Bill:If by things of a the kind you mean you journal then yes.

Jack pulls a face.

Bill: Nice establishment you gots here though.

Jack: You're offspring helped me get it all back.

Bill: Will? You've seen him? He's an outlaw like us afterall.

Jack(snorts): Says you. He's quite a wet blanket actually.

Bill: Keep an eye out for my boy Jack...I gotta run.

He swings out the window. Jack stares after him and looks at the bottle in his hand with a smile. He knows exactly where and who to go to for help.

Jack(whispers with a smile): The hooch is gone...(yells) Get off your lazy bums. We're rolling the engines boys!

Freedom...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 09:47 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

(Will searches Tortuga Joe's first.)

Random Gangster: Jack Sparrow? Last I heard he was sleepin' with the fishes.

CUT TO...another random gangster.

Random Gangster 2: If I know Jack, he's probably off watchin' a news reel and a talkie. Two talkies if he brought his dime.

CUT TO...Ruby and Jill.

Jill: Jack Sparrow?

Ruby: Psh, haven't seen him in over a month.

Jill: When you see him, will you give him this for me? (slaps Will pretty hard)

Will: (looks up at the sky) WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

CUT TO...a car driving out onto a desolate dirt road. We see the Appalachian Mountains in the background.

Will: Are you sure Jack Sparrow is out here?

Driver: This is where the Black Pearl was last seen. Hey, kid. Watch out for the hillbillies. (kicks Will out of the car)

(Will dusts himself off and looks around. It is almost a scene out of Deliverance.)

Will: Jack! Jack Sparrow! It's Will Turner! (takes out notebook and pencil) Should be an interesting story for later: Reporter Explores Appalachia.

(Something catches his eye. It is Gibbs' flask)

Will: Gibbs! So they are here. (opens flask and turns it upside down) And they've been makin' moonshine!

(Suddenly, a hillbilly pops out and scares Will. Will gets caught in a net.)

Kate, pocky, tex, someone...let's keep this alive.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 12:23 AM
katelovespirate

hillbillies--- LOVE IT! smile

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 12:30 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

awesome smile

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:13 PM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Willo, I LOVE YOU!! That was awesome! Hehe, making moonshine, hillbillies - priceless!!!!!! *dies laughing*

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:45 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ditte3

Love it darling.I wish i had good ideas like you.Keep writing.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 04:51 PM