KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1-3; Symmetric Chaos vs Devil Lance

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1-3; Symmetric Chaos vs Devil Lance
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

I would suggest using Thumbnails instead of links if possible. Just a suggestion.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 5th, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:40 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Lance
DL

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94
I would suggest using Thumbnails instead of links if possible.

Unofficial post

Everyon else has been using links for the most part though why change and why does it matter its not like it takes that much more time roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:43 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Devil Lance
Unofficial post

Everyon else has been using links for the most part though why change and why does it matter its not like it takes that much more time roll eyes (sarcastic)

Calm down.

It's just the sheer amount of scans both of are you posting is high. Using Thumbnails in which people need only glance at the smaller picture to see what you are referencing can save time, and may be more convenient. I mean if I have seen the scan before, I won't need to click the link. Like I said, it's only a suggestion and not mandatory.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:48 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I would suggest using Thumbnails instead of links if possible. Just a suggestion.

Why would we do that? There's no limit on links but you can only post a certain number of thumbnails.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:49 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by King Kandy
Why would we do that? There's no limit on links but you can only post a certain number of thumbnails.

Limit on Thumbnails? I am not talking about attachments. I am talking about thumbnails provided by imageshack, photobucket, and various other photo hosting websites which can be posted just as easily as links.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 5th, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:51 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, there's a limit on them. I think KMC will only allow something like 8 thumbnails in a post. Same goes for more traditional picture files, unless they're posted as a link.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

evry one ha shigh end and low end showings SC
juts see what this little bit of Kryptonite did to supes here
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...mscomics008.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...mscomics009.jpg

not to mention the fact that Supes was almost K'oed by one little kryptonite bullet in that same Superman Batman Run by Jeph Loeb and that Superman wasone that had neen changed b alot by various time/reality manipulations

Fine another showing againt K-nite. This time injected into his blood stream:
http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?...30286582by4.jpg

Another instance. Flies through a field of K-nite then through Rao. He gets right back up:
http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan0022ej4.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan0023ca2.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan0024mg6.jpg

Wearing a K-nite ring to fight Kara. He ends up none the worse for wear:
http://i83.imagethrust.com/images/4...-image/s-2.html
http://i83.imagethrust.com/images/4...-image/s-3.html

Here we see what being weakened means to the modern Superman (the answer is faster than light):
http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18eh0.jpg

Surrounded by K-nite he can still project his thoughts. Yay for obscene Kryptonian powers:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...rojecction2.jpg

I think I've made my point. Pete isn't going down to a fraction of a second being exposed to Kryptonite.

Let's review shall we:
You have no way of weakening Pete, you have no way of reacting to Pete, you have no way of harming Pete.
Your army does not exist and even if it does Pete will destroy it before the impotent K-nite radiation can reach him.
Your TP cannot keep down a person who recovers as fast as Flash does.
You know Pete is too durable to harm physically. Hawkman will never allow someone to use so much Nth metal.

On the other hand I can defeat both you characters with one punch and there's nothing either one can do about it.

As fun as this has been there is simply no way for you to win.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:53 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Limit on Thumbnails? I am not talking about attachments. I am talking about thumbnails provided by imageshack, photobucket, and various other photo hosting websites which can be posted just as easily as links.

Yes there is a limit, you can only post seven thumbnails I think... In scan heavy posts links are the way to go.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:54 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, there's a limit on them. I think KMC will only allow something like 8 thumbnails in a post. Same goes for more traditional picture files, unless they're posted as a link.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Quite a bit of scans in this thread, so I just trying to encourage neatness making it easier on the eyes for everyone. Though, I can see where the rule is coming from, having more than 8 thumbnails or links in a single post can be excessive at times.

Anyway, everyone, as you were. smile

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 6th, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:57 PM
Devil Lance
DL

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Fine another showing againt K-nite. This time injected into his blood stream:
http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?...30286582by4.jpg

Another instance. Flies through a field of K-nite then through Rao. He gets right back up:
http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan0022ej4.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan0023ca2.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan0024mg6.jpg

Wearing a K-nite ring to fight Kara. He ends up none the worse for wear:
http://i83.imagethrust.com/images/4...-image/s-2.html
http://i83.imagethrust.com/images/4...-image/s-3.html

Here we see what being weakened means to the modern Superman (the answer is faster than light):
http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18eh0.jpg

Surrounded by K-nite he can still project his thoughts. Yay for obscene Kryptonian powers:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...rojecction2.jpg

I think I've made my point. Pete isn't going down to a fraction of a second being exposed to Kryptonite.

Let's review shall we:
You have no way of weakening Pete, you have no way of reacting to Pete, you have no way of harming Pete.
Your army does not exist and even if it does Pete will destroy it before the impotent K-nite radiation can reach him.
Your TP cannot keep down a person who recovers as fast as Flash does.
You know Pete is too durable to harm physically. Hawkman will never allow someone to use so much Nth metal.

On the other hand I can defeat both you characters with one punch and there's nothing either one can do about it.

As fun as this has been there is simply no way for you to win.

Okay SC I really don't get why you think Hawkman would not let anyone use Nth metal

first off Hawkman uses nth metal he lets Hawkgirl use it, heck he let his son Hector Hall make a suit partially amde out of nth metal to fight crime with.
Also like I said earlier FS has worked with Carter in the JlA for years they have a lot of trust with each other
Also Hawkman knows FS has Professor Martin in the FS mtrix to guide him

Lastly Hawkman has shown time and time again that he will do whatever it takes to win even ripping off the wings of his own Grandson Northwind( and they are actual wings)
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/...to/JSA58-03.jpg

Knowing all of that how would Carter not elt FS use nth metal?

Now all of this hitting me with one hit won't happen since you'll be dealing with TP attacks and kryptonite radiation

Last edited by Devil Lance on Mar 6th, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 12:12 AM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Okay SC I really don't get why you think Hawkman would not let anyone use Nth metal

first off Hawkman uses nth metal he lets Hawkgirl use it, heck he let his son Hector Hall make a suit partially amde out of nth metal to fight crime with.
Also like I said earlier FS has worked with Carter in the JlA for years they have a lot of trust with each other
Also Hawkman knows FS has Professor Martin in the FS mtrix to guide him

Lastly Hawkman has shown time and time again that he will do whatever it takes to win even ripping off the wings of his own Grandson Northwind( and they are actual wings)
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/...to/JSA58-03.jpg

HM won't even discuss using Nth metal to reach Syn's level of power. He changed the subjected immediately when it came up. Trust isn't the issue, he simply seems very clear on not wanting to utilize it that way. It scares him.

Now all of this hitting me with one hit won't happen since you'll be dealing with TP attacks and kryptonite radiation

I think I've more than proven the uselessness of the K-nite radiation. As for TP . . . Flash has outraced light, he can outrace thoughts.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 12:22 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Lance
DL

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
HM won't even discuss using Nth metal to reach Syn's level of power. He changed the subjected immediately when it came up. Trust isn't the issue, he simply seems very clear on not wanting to utilize it that way. It scares him.

I think I've more than proven the uselessness of the K-nite radiation. As for TP . . . Flash has outraced light, he can outrace thoughts.

conversation is different than a Life and death battle in a battle Hawkman would do whatever it tskes and he didn't change the usbjec he cntinued to talk about nth metal there was nothing mire to talk about that anyways

and I've showed scans of Kryptonite affecting supes a lot

like I said high showings an dlow showing the truth is probably near the middle but stil even if it does not make him fall to his knees he'll still not be able to launch off attacks as fast as your claiming and like I said the nth metal will allow my team to see you before you hit us

But we're going in circles now theres not much more for me to say

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 12:30 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

conversation is different than a Life and death battle in a battle Hawkman would do whatever it tskes and he didn't change the usbjec he cntinued to talk about nth metal there was nothing mire to talk about that anyways

He did stop talking about using it like Syn did.

and I've showed scans of Kryptonite affecting supes a lot

You showed one scan from quite some time ago.

like I said high showings an dlow showing the truth is probably near the middle but stil even if it does not make him fall to his knees he'll still not be able to launch off attacks as fast as your claiming and like I said the nth metal will allow my team to see you before you hit us

I'm using the SpeedForce not Kryptonian powers for my speed. Even if K-nite was effective against Superman his speed would not be compromised at all.

But we're going in circles now

I must agree.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 01:06 AM
Devil Lance
DL

I'm going to be busy for most of tomorrow so I'm just going to make my closing statement now

SC says Hawkman would not let FS make an armor out of Nth Metal when he let his own son us an armor partially made off Nth metal and he usues the Claw of Horus which is made out of Nth metal for big fights as well
So why wouldn't he let FS a team mate hes worked with countless times before use it?
There really is none

Now with that FS will be using Nth Metal and his strength durability and reflexes will be afr greater than petes who will be dealing with k-nite supes army the kryptonite raidation from the battlefield and King Hawk's mental attacks he will not be able to withstamnd any of that.

My Team is the on you should vote for

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:47 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Well since we're wrapping up:

It has been proven many times that K-nite has minimal effect as a weakness for Superman and that Pete can destroy it easily enough.

Hawkman is simply too afraid of using Nth metal the way Syn did for DL's plan to work. Even if he does, a couple of perfectly placed punches will get rid of it.

DL does not have an army of K-nite Supermen to use. Even if he does they so utterly lack durability as to be no threat.

Flash's speed is so great as to allow Pete to take out FS and HawkKing before they can begin to attack him.

Thanks to Karnak's powers Pete can KO both of DevilLance's combatants with a single strike.

I'm SymmetricChaos and I approve this message.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:59 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I work tomorrow until kinda late and won't be able to get in a vote unless I do it now. Both contestants have basically said they are done or close to done, so I feel justified in voting. If my vote can't be counted, that's fine, but is my best option at this point (and we're only a couple hours from the 12 hour mark anyway).

Voting for DL.

Sym actually impressed me with the variety of showings of Kal against K-nite. Problem is, it's still a weakness and is common knowledge. I have no more than 8-9 Superman comics in my entire collection, and 2-3 of them have him being affected by K-nite. So props for digging those up, and it nearly swayed me, but if we're saying that DL's battlefield full of K-nite is happening, I just can't see Kal not being severely affected by it.

The amalgam is powerful as hell, and sans Firestorm's K-nite storm, I'd be tempted to say Sym wins in a stomp, because Flash + Superman alone is impressive enough to crush all kinds of foes. But Supes is just a tricky tourney selection. So many powers and great showings, but such exploitable weaknesses.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 05:42 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Okay, it's time for me to go to sleep, so another early vote for today.

My Vote: Devil Lance

To me this comes down to a couple issues. I'm not buying SC's talk about the nth metal... Just because Hawkman won't talk about using it in casual conversation doesn't mean he won't in a life or death situation were he will die without an extra edge. I'm just not seeing him taking his opposition that far, especially since he KNOWS Firestorm and has fought alongside him before.

The other big issue was: Would Kryptonite effect Superman? My answer is that it definitely would. It's not his weakness for nothing, i've seen dozens of comics where he's been quickly taken down by it. And while technically it wouldn't remove his speed force powers, having radiation poisoning would certainly hinder his ability to USE those powers. As for the omni-directional blast, there is no indication of it's strength and it's certainly outside of superman's usual powerset. In fact it's quite rare that he can destroy Kryptonite with his HV at all, let alone an ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD full of it. Sorry, not buying it.

Basically this comes down to: can SC's amalgam defeat DL's before he has a chance to put up a counter-offensive? Given the krytonite, I do not believe he could. SC debated well (this was easily the best match so far) but his amalgam was simply not well equipped to win this match.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 05:44 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

DL had potentially a godly amalgam there. He had Firestorm, Hawkman, and Aquaman with the water hand. He had an armor made out of Nth metal. Pretty much the same powers as Onimar Synn.

...............And he didn't even use a tenth of the potential he had. Onimar Synn had control over the 4 fundamental forces of the universe. He owned the JSA and others including Black Adam. And yet............DL only used the strength boost.

For such a criminal waste of potential, I'm giving it to Sym. K-nite is a big weakness, but the Flash powers will help stave off the effects, and DL's guy won't have time to stop him. And the worst thing is, you never even mentioned half of what I said. no

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Mar 6th, 2008 at 06:50 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 06:41 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Trick you should hurry and edit out the last sentance of your post. It's a point that should be brought up by DL...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 06:48 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Fixed. Good call. thumb up

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 06:49 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote