KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » why didnt obi wan recongnise R2 D2?

why didnt obi wan recongnise R2 D2?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

And he got it.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 12:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Yeah thats a good question.Since he didnt even recognize them- which he surely would after spending so much time together with them,they should never have had R2D2 AND 3PO be seen with him in those prequals. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Mr Parker on May 16th, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2008 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Let's face it... *cough cough*PT plot hole... *cough cough*

yep.BIG TIME.cant get around it.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 08:02 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

maybe obi1 just had a bit of old timers syndrome...kinda like lucas...lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I don't get the problem. As far as I remember he said "I do not remember ever owning a droid". He is right, he never owned one, the one on his starfighter isn't his , it is from the Jedi Order. Jedi can't have possessions because you can get attached to them and that leads to the dark side.

So what that he didn't say "hey, I know that droid! He was the same one that was with your father for over a decade! And that gold droid: your dad made it!"? It is clear that Obi-Wan didn't want to reveal anything about the past....

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 10:33 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OR summin like that.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 12:19 PM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Originally posted by Jovan
I don't get the problem. As far as I remember he said "I do not remember ever owning a droid". He is right, he never owned one, the one on his starfighter isn't his , it is from the Jedi Order. Jedi can't have possessions because you can get attached to them and that leads to the dark side.

So what that he didn't say "hey, I know that droid! He was the same one that was with your father for over a decade! And that gold droid: your dad made it!"? It is clear that Obi-Wan didn't want to reveal anything about the past....

I can go for that..lol... Obi1 was playing dumb...

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Or didn't care.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 08:55 AM
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Maybe he was insulted?

They had an agrument about the droids soon after the birth scene.
Bail scammed the both droids for himself, and Obi wan is still pissed?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 11:09 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You think he remembered the agrument? They kinda stick on Jedi I hear. Rear things, those agruments... Only found on the moons of Ixyu.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 09:16 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by Mr Parker
yep.BIG TIME.cant get around it.

C3PO had different looking coverings when Lars owned him. Remember, so many droids exist in the galaxy, I am sure many look nearly identical. After so many years Lars isn't going to remember them. Espicially R2D2 who spend his time with the Rebels.

If you bought the same production computer you have now 20 years or so in the future with many others in between from somebody you are not going to assume it was the same machine you once had.

I guess the same goes for R2D2, except I am sure old Ben knew and didn't say anything.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 11:57 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why confuse things for whiny young Luke.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 09:19 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
Why confuse things for whiny young Luke.

Yeah, Ben had no problem telling Luke Vader was his father, Leia was his sister, and that his dad really never said he wanted him to have his lightsaber.

I suppose one more "from a certain point of view" couldn't make things any worse.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 10:36 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

Originally posted by coolmovies
In A new hope why didnt obi wan recongnise R2 D2?
he reconises them, what he said was "i dont remember owning any droids"

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 08:12 PM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

We know that.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 09:06 PM
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

i didnt know you knew, but if obi did tell luke about the droids luke would ask questions, the kind that would lead to his dad

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 11:56 PM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

This debate has been done many times...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 06:25 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: why didnt obi wan recongnise R2 D2?

Originally posted by coolmovies
In A new hope why didnt obi wan recongnise R2 D2?

Because he'd never met him before. Or C-3P0 for that matter. I know he was a Jedi and all, but that doesn't mean he can recognize a droid he's never met.

Originally posted by Jack Daniels
I can go for that..lol... Obi1 was playing dumb...

but see, you shouldn't have to "go for it" or "buy it". It should have been considered when Tugboat Lucas was writing the prequels. And when I say writing the prequels, I mean when he was writing them from scratch in 1998. He might have used a few names or planets from some of his original drafts of the three part story seen in the OT, but don't buy the crap that these scripts were just sitting around on his shelf for 20 years. They weren't. He pulled them out of his ass at the last minute.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Last edited by Devil King on Jul 14th, 2008 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OB1 did meet R2... on the ship with Padme in TPM, it was Anakin's fighter droid... they fought together in the Outer Rim and both had their droids with them. OB1 even sends Anakin off with Padme in AOTC with R2 as third companion... OB1 sure met R2.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 09:00 PM