KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » I love Spiderman, but the movies suck

I love Spiderman, but the movies suck
Started by: jcvaldez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
What was right with Rami's Venom?

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

epic win.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:37 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Venom in spider-man 3 was too small...the look was fine but the body size was all wrong

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:40 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I liked the raised webbing, and i liked the lean approach.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:44 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

The look was perfect...it was new and cool looking but he was too small for Venom so he looked kinda weak to me

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:46 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

agreed.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:47 PM
steverules
The doctor

The look was new mixed with original which was rather nice

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 10:01 PM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I didnt mind his look at all, I didnt even mind his size.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:10 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I wish he had the white Spider and that he would keep his mask on.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:39 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
He can fall apart.

And come back together with sand.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 07:19 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

And...I was just making a point.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 11:02 AM
SelinaAndBruce

My main problems with this trilogy as a whole was

Tobey MacGuire. He won me over but either he or the screen writers made Spiderman a complete puss. There was only one good wisecrack in the whole series the whole let mom and dad talk one in Spiderman 1. I'm used to spiderman having some really good quips. That's part of his charm. It was so lacking in these films. He was like Emo Spiderman. They tried to make him way too emotional and conflicted.

Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane...yeah she is nothing like the sex pot I imagined Mary Jane to be. She was always drawn as so curvaceous and sexy and KD couldn't pull that off not to mention she was completely nagging and annoying to the point where I hated the idea of her and spidey even being together.

And Spiderman 3 period

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:21 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: I love Spiderman, but the movies suck

Originally posted by jcvaldez
I have been a long time Spiderman fan. In fact if I can remember correctly, he was probably the first superhero I began to like. When the 1st Spiderman movie came I was excited! I thought "well it's about time"! I didn't love the movie, it had's flaws, but i liked it. The second movie came out, i actually liked it better than the 1st. Mostly because of Dr. Octopus was a better villian, he actually had a motive for what he was doing, rather than Green Goblin just being insane. Then, unfortunately, the 3rd installment came out. It was terrible, there were so many problems with it. I thought to myself "well forget about the 3rd one at least the first 2 were good". What's funny is that, I recently re-watched Spiderman 1 and 2, and they both suck as well!!
Sam Raimi is a horrible director! He is completely cheesy and cliché. Toby Maguire was a horrible choice to be Spiderman, as better choice ironically, would have been Topher Grace. I felt that my excitement and anticipation for a Spiderman movie clouded my judgement. I hope that if another Spiderman movie is going to happen... please, pleeease make a great movie, with a great director, story, and actors.

this will be one of only two posts I make here unless the thread starter comes back and wants to discuss this with me.This guy hit the nail right on the head.He really knows what he is talking about.Great to see someone who is objective enough who could take the blinders off long enough to see how horribly written these movies REALLY are. thumb up Because once you do THAT,when you DO take the blinders off like he did,thats when you can see how horribly written these movies really are.Especially the third AND the first.I always thought the organics alone would ruin the movies for me cause as my sig says,I want to see SPIDER-MAN on the screen,"NOT" MAN-SPIDER.and thats who we have in these crappy movies is MAN-SPIDER. mad organics=MAN-SPIDER. but it was a lot more than just organics that ruined the film for me.

The storys are horrible,we hardly get to see Robbie or Betty Brant at all in these movies.If you blink,you miss them.They should have some good amount of screentime in the films,particularly by the second one.Like Jimmy Olsen and Perry White did in the first two superman movies.
Without his mechs,there is NOTHING unique about peter parker.anybody could have gotten bit by that spider and become spiderman the way these films are written.with the mechs,it showed how pete was a unique individual when he created the webbing to COMPLETE his powers.since he was the rare individual who could create the webbing,it tells you it was his destiny and his alone, to become spider-man.the way its written in the movies,any idiot could have become him and swing from building to building. He makes no wisecracks in his fights with his villians which is nuts,spidey NEVER shuts up when he fighting his villains.I can think of so many wisecracks he could have made with doc ock and green goblin in his fights he had with them that would have been funny.

the movies are cheesy as hell-do you want to know who i am? are you SURE you want to know who I am? cheesy lines to the extremes.please,thats the kind of screenwriting I would expect out of a 5 year old which is who these movies look like they were written by.since they are just kiddie flicks.spider-man was never about ONE girl and never should be and thats what we have in these movies.why was gwen even in the last one when she wasnt even going to be love triangle between pete and mary jane? stupid. remember his fight with goblin when he said something like-your out goblin,out of your mind? that was so lame,spidey ALWAYS has something hilarious to say to his villians.He always makes them mad to the extremes with his wisecracks that they do something stupid when he is having a hard time with them and losing the fight.

that cafeteria fight scene with flash thompson was so lame and pitiful it was a joke.Here he goes and hits flash thomson sending him flying over a 100 feet across the floor,does all these 180 degree humanly impossible backbends,and jumps over 6 feet above everybodys heads,ALL humanly impossible feats,and a couple months later,a guy is in the same neighborhood swinging by displaying all the same amazing feats and NOBODY can put two and two together that spidey and peter parker are the same person.please,give me a break,even an idiot like flash thomson could put two and two together that they are the same person. or how about the cage fight scene with the wrestler? He talks like he is afraid to fight that guy in the beginning even though he knows he has all these superpowers and his spidey sense cant even warn him of danger that he is about to get hit on the back with a chair? wow what a crappy spidey sense.and where was his super strength then? He was getting knocked around senselessly in the beginning.thats nuts!!!!

Plus it sucked that flash thompson made just a brief appearance in the first film and we never saw him again after that.I always loved it in the comics how spidey was his hero but he hated peter parker.That would have been great to see on screen. and Im okay with changes just as long as they are reasonable like in the comics peter never met mary jane or gwen till college,well if they had changed it to where he met mary jane in high school,I would have been cool with that.but knowing her since GRADE SCHOOL? thats just plain moronic.we never even got to meet her aunt anna.I could go on and on but those are enough examples I think.

then the second one you have that cheesy rain drops keep falling on my head song.kiddie stuff.also peter parker was never this dweeb that Raimi and the screenwriters made him out to be.he certainly by collge wasnt this doofus who when he tied his shoe,got hit in the head by a backpack from some passerby student.and he was never the doofus that Raimi made him out to be in the beginning when he was delivering pizza having mops and crap from the closet fall on his head.

This poster totally hit the nail on the head.Raimi is a horrible director,should NEVER have been allowed near this franchise,his casting choice of Mcguire was about the worst ever.spidey is suppose to have a really cool voice.Tobeys makes me cringe when he talks.His ONE bright spot he had was the casting of JK SIMMONS as jonah jameson.That was a gem.so was defoe as Norman osborn.Too bad that stupid and insipid goblin costume ruined his performance since it was so laughable looking.

this poster sooooooooo much hit the nail right on the head.once you get past the clouded judgement of just being satisifed of seeing spidey on the screen and get past the real coof effects they have,the lone saving grace of the film,you can see how horribly written these movies REALLY are.like he said,spidey deserves a good movie with a great director,a great script,and great actors,especilly one to play peter parker.The only thing to stick with is JK SIMMONS as J jonah jameson.burn the movies that have been made so far and restart the whole thing over again in 10 years or so ala a BATMAN BEGINS.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 05:31 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I don't believe this is still an issue. Here it is, once and for all. The Spider-Man movies were OK for children and people who just wanted to spend a few hours being entertained. However, all three movies were severely lacking in the depth and art department. For people who really appreciate movie-making the movies were terrible... you might as well go watch Drumline, You Got Served or any other of that trash movie-making and you'd waste the same amount of money and time being "entertained". I find it almost offensive for someone to put forth such poor effort into making a movie for a superhero as highly regarded as Spiderman. I remember being at the theater and watching all the children enjoying themselves and thinking to myself, "Ohhh, I get it. That's the audience for this movie. Stupid me.". Then I saw adults there seeming to enjoy it... and I was at a loss for words. Thank goodness we live in a country where differing opinions are welcomed, otherwise these movies would have made $100, TOPS. On that note... let's hear it. How is my opinion wrong... this should be fun.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 16th, 2008 10:36 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Meh I liked Spiderman 1 and 2. It was not how I pictured the Spiderman character but I liked the movies. I'm rather open minded when it comes to most super hero movies. If it entertains me I can go with it as long as it's not too unbelievable.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post May 19th, 2008 05:51 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote