KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Han Solo versus Captain Kirk.....

Han Solo versus Captain Kirk.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Kirk would have Spock teach him the Vulcan death grip and win by a super neck pinch

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 04:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
"[Han Solo, as a teenager], fought against three other human fighters much larger than himself. Solo somehow managed to defeat the other gladiators in unarmed combat... "

Wookiepedia.

And that was before he joined the Empire and recieved military combat training. So... yeah.

I know nothing about Kirk though, so I'll withhold judgment.

Look above, Kirks fights and holds his own against far more physically powerful foes like Vulcans, Klingon, Gorns and several other aliens.

Even when he was an old fat mad and thrown in jail, he beat a 7-1/2 tall hulking alien in a prison fight with no weapons. (ST6)

Edit: Also of note, Kirk is military trained in hand-to-hand also.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 5th, 2008 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 04:16 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

In that case I'll give it to Kirk 6/10 in a pure H2H fight.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 04:24 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

6 out of 10? You're ****ing insane.

In the original series episode "Space Seed", where Khan is first introduced, Kirk beats him in a fight, barely beats him, but he pulls a win. Khan is about five times stronger than an average human and has greatly increased speed and stamina. WTF has Solo done?

(please log in to view the image)

KHANN-NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 04:30 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't mean to say 6/10, honestly.. But he wouldn't win 10/10.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 04:41 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

One has to consider Solos habit of ALWAYS beating the odds.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:38 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I think Kirk's record of besting far more powerful foes would qualify as that too. So that's wash.

Unless of course, you count the time Han was captured like a little *****, frozen and turn into a decoration. Then had to wait for a woman to rescue him, not sure that counts as "always beating the odds".

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:17 PM
Bardock42

Kirk: "When Khan is first introduced, I beat him in a fight, barely beat him, but I pulled a win. Khan is about five times stronger than an average human and has greatly increased speed and stamina. But I won."

Han: "Great kid, don't get cocky."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:31 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
A smuggler vs. a military soldier.

Kirk takes it.

Error.

A crafty smuggler vs. a peaceful deep space explorer

Starfleet is at best a Defense force...their primary directive is peaceful space exploration.

Still, I'm undecided....I'm leaning towards Kirk because of his fighting feats/record.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 06:35 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by Bardock42
Kirk: "When Khan is first introduced, I beat him in a fight, barely beat him, but I pulled a win. Khan is about five times stronger than an average human and has greatly increased speed and stamina. But I won."

Han: "Great kid, don't get cocky."

I laughed.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 06:43 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Error.

A crafty smuggler vs. a peaceful deep space explorer

Starfleet is at best a Defense force...their primary directive is peaceful space exploration.

Still, I'm undecided....I'm leaning towards Kirk because of his fighting feats/record.

Wrong, Star Fleet isn't "at best a defense force", they're proven their offensive capabilites in all of the varies shows and movies.

Despite the Enterprises' peaceful mission status, the personal are militarily trained, as space exploration in dangerous in the ST universe.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 5th, 2008 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 06:45 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Wrong, Star Fleet isn't "at best a defense force", they're proven their offensive capabilites in all of the varies shows and movies.

Despite the Enterprises' peaceful mission status, the personal are militarily trained, as space exploration in dangerous in the ST universe.

You see, we don't disagree on what you said above. You didn't contradict me either. *

My statement was in terms as it relates to the word "military". So, from a military perspective, Starfleet is at best a defense force. I stated that to show that it is NOT primarily a military force, but a peaceful organization of science and exploration.

Observe:

"Its principal functions were the advancement of Federation knowledge about the galaxy and its inhabitants, the advancement of Federation knowledge of science and technology, and the military defense of the Federation."

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Starfleet

"Starfleet has been shown to handle diplomatic, scientific, and defense missions, although their main mandate seems to be peaceful exploration in the search of sentient life."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfleet

Starfleet's military might is NOT intended for offense, but to keep from getting raped.

*I just wanted to use that smilie because I think its funny...that's why it seems out of place.

Edit-dude, I'm a Star Trek nerd as well. I get flak from the Star Wars fans. They say its like being a fan of OSU and OU.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 07:46 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Kirk's record of besting far more powerful foes would qualify as that too. So that's wash.

Unless of course, you count the time Han was captured like a little *****, frozen and turn into a decoration. Then had to wait for a woman to rescue him, not sure that counts as "always beating the odds".
He was captured by VADER, man. VADER.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:35 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

That still negates your absolute "Solos habit of ALWAYS beating the odds" ace-in-the-hole.

Face it (and admit) that Kirk has the backing in winning a hand-to-hand here, Kirk could even beat Solo in pulling chicks.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:40 PM
Impediment
Endless

Face it (and admit) that Kirk has the backing in winning a hand-to-hand here, Kirk could even beat Solo in pulling chicks.

Kirk ****ed a green-skinned woman. yes

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Technically, sir, he was captured by the entire Empire.

Vader was merely the host of events to come.

Not to mention that Lando sold him out.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 11:09 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Han by a nose, and here's why:

Kirk had PIS on his side whenever he needed it. Much like Superman, writers made Kirk as tough, fast, strong and smart as he needed to be to:

A. Get the girl
B. Overshadow Spock
C. Defeat the villain.

Hans had to be tougher to survive in the Star Wars universe. There, everyone dies. Good, evil, or anti-hero (Han).

Also Han was much more ruthless. He"d definitely shoot first. And he'dve violated the Prime Directive countless times just because it benefited him to do so.

Hans toughness outlasts Kirk's aura. Just barely.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 03:38 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Everyone dies in the ST universe too, though I doubt your original point is valid in this fight. It amounts to "Han wins, just cuz".

This is a fist fight, so your "shoot first" is also not valid. Of mention, Kirk is not your standard Star Fleet captain, he's isn't very diplomatic.

How does Han's "toughness outlast Kirk's aura"? I've given several examples of Kirk beating, outlasting and enduring far more powerful foes. Khan being one of them. Aura, wtf?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:06 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment

Technically, sir, he was captured by the entire Empire.

Vader was merely the host of events to come.

Not to mention that Lando sold him out.
Exactly.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:44 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Straight up fight? Han! Han Solo seems to be the one more likely to not fight fair/fight dirty.

Someone said the carbonite freezing contradicts the fact Han Solo always beats the odds? He survived it! He was rescued from it! What are the odds of that?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 04:38 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by willofthewisp
Straight up fight? Han! Han Solo seems to be the one more likely to not fight fair/fight dirty.

Someone said the carbonite freezing contradicts the fact Han Solo always beats the odds? He survived it! He was rescued from it! What are the odds of that?

Your "Han solo seems" is no match for what Kirk has done.

It was his prison, he was supposed to survive it as Jabba wanted Solo alive. So there goes that.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 05:25 PM