KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Worst Star Trek Movie Ever?

Worst Star Trek Movie Ever?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Star Trek the Motion Picture 8 16.67%
Star Trek II the Wrath of Kahn 0 0%
Star Trek III the Search for Spock 0 0%
Star Trek IV the Voyage Home 4 8.33%
Star Trek V the Final Frontier 14 29.17%
Star Trek VI Undiscovered Country 2 4.17%
Star Trek VII Generations 1 2.08%
Star Trek VIII First Contact 0 0%
Star Trek XI Insurrection 13 27.08%
Star Trek X Nemesis 6 12.50%
Total: 48 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Schecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
starlock
Team Authority

I would say insurrection....but i watch them all and enjoy them

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 05:54 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I would have to say
the final frontier
generatrions
insurection
and
nemisis
were all loads of crap.
Nemisis was one of the NG's worst ones because they just threw all this crap in and expected us to buy it. like another data on another planet WTF? totally not needed, it made the real Data's death meaningless.
also they tossed out the prime directive when the natives on the planet were chasing them in the buggies and they were shooting back.
Oh ya the nintendo joystick in insurection for manual control??? that was crappy.
Generations picards family dieing, who cares you saw them once in a crappy episode and then he is all trying to find the family album that we never saw before. what about his cherished flute that we saw in a bunch of episodes that actually had some meaning to him.
Final frontier let's face it that whole thing is a wash besides the comedy.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 01:55 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
also they tossed out the prime directive when the natives on the planet were chasing them in the buggies and they were shooting back.

that isn't tossing out the prime directive... the prime directive forbids the manipultion and/or interruption of a planets political, economic, cultural or evolutionary development...

starfleet officers are more than entitled to defend themselves if attacked...

but yeah, i agree nemesis wasnt up to much...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 04:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

TMP was boring, true. Generations was, basically, uninspired nonsense, true. Nemesis was a badly written mess, true.

But Final Frontier was just plain dreadful. You can keep digging for good bits in the worst Trek films; TMP was lovingly created and well shot, even though it could put people into comas and was ultimately meaningless. Generations had a good villain. Even Nemesis seemed to be trying hard (although failing by a huge margin), and did actually have some drama in.

Final Frontier is just irredeemable. It's boring it's nonsense, there's no villain as such, the effects are bad, the action is bad, the resolution is bad, it breaks logic even more than the bi-monthly time travel plots, the characters go nowhere, no-one actually cares about anything that happens in it... I really did feel everyione had just given up.

It is an amazing miracle the franchise survived it. TNG played its part there, of course, but Trek films were saved by the miracle that was The Undiscovered Country.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 05:52 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Quote" that isn't tossing out the prime directive... the prime directive forbids the manipultion and/or interruption of a planets political, economic, cultural or evolutionary development...
starfleet officers are more than entitled to defend themselves if attacked..."

Bull crap on that theory if the planet doesn't have warp drive they can't do anything. Remember the Original episode called a private little war,
They couldn't fire on the locals cause it is forbbiden, by the prime directive they have to do everything in there power to not INTERFERE with a primitive society. same thing with TNG episode with the duck blind looking at the primitve romulans.

TMP had an excellent story and was interesting provided you could get through the long portions of boarding the enterprise and flying into vigr.
I loved the movie but it is quite boring and if i am sick and can't sleep this is the movie i put in to knock myself out within 5 minutes.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 09:18 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Raoul
that isn't tossing out the prime directive... the prime directive forbids the manipultion and/or interruption of a planets political, economic, cultural or evolutionary development...

starfleet officers are more than entitled to defend themselves if attacked...

but yeah, i agree nemesis wasnt up to much...

Quote" that isn't tossing out the prime directive... the prime directive forbids the manipultion and/or interruption of a planets political, economic, cultural or evolutionary development...

Bull crap on that theory if the planet doesn't have warp drive they can't do anything. Remember the Original episode called a private little war,
They couldn't fire on the locals cause it is forbbiden, by the prime directive they have to do everything in there power to not INTERFERE with a primitive society. same thing with TNG episode with the duck blind looking at the primitve romulans.

TMP had an excellent story and was interesting provided you could get through the long portions of boarding the enterprise and flying into vigr.
I loved the movie but it is quite boring and if i am sick and can't sleep this is the movie i put in to knock myself out within 5 minutes.

The prime directive really didn't matter sometimes since both Kirk and Picard, both broke it.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 10:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

FF, Nemesis and generations.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 11:01 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Prime_Directive

there is NOTHING there that says crews can't defend themselves if need be...

stunning one person in self defence is not going to interfere with the development of a world in any way...

the fact that they didn't go in covertly? sure, that could be considered breaking the directive, but protecting themselves? not imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 03:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

The Enterprise always had that hilarious joy stick for manual control. Finding that extra Soong android to use in their plans was pretty lucky on their part I thought but brilliant Picard bait.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 05:57 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Motion Picture: Boring and endless. 3/10

Wrath of Khan: What the first ST motion Picture should have been. 8/10

Search for Spock: a neccessary movie and anything that serves as a vehicle for Christopher Lloyd is fine with me. 6/10

The Voyage Home: a fun movie that really did strike me as an extended episode of the original series, which is why I loved it. "One damn minute, Admiral." 8/10

Final Frontier: The camping scenes. After that, it is less appealing than an old, nude Uhura dancing. 1/10

Undiscovered Country: A really good film. I watched it last night, in fact. What I would call a pretty perfect ST movie. Likely my favorite of the original crew films. 9/10

Generations: A waste of Malcom McDowell's ability and character, as well as being a horrible epitaph for Kirk. 3/10

First Contact: What a NG movie should be. Very satisfied with this movie. 8/10

Insurrection: Dreadful. 2/10

Nemesis: Again, a good villain, shoved into a terrible story. And, a waste of a great character like Data. Like the motion picture, it was really just a rushed response to Star Wars. 4/10 -mainly for the villain.

So, I guess I'm going with Final Frontier and/or Insurrecction.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 11:10 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

confused Help me out, fellow Star Trek fans; I cannot understand the all the dislike for Nemesis. It was a solid Star Trek movie (Sci-Fi movie in general) which was paced better than all the other ST films before it with the exception of First Contact. It had a very strong theme, which many of the other films lacked, and presented an effective ending arc for both Picard and Data.

It wasn't the best, (First Contact gets that distinction) however it is far from the worst ST movie. TMP, SfS, FF, Generations, and Insurrection are all weaker films.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Last edited by Acrosurge on Jun 13th, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 11:21 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Acrosurge
confused Help me out, fellow Star Trek fans; I cannot understand the all the dislike for Nemesis. It was a solid Star Trek movie (Sci-Fi movie in general) which was paced better than all the other ST films before it with the exception of First Contact. It had a very strong theme, which many of the other films lacked, and presented an effective ending arc for both Picard and Data.

It wasn't the best, (First Contact gets that distinction) however it is far from the worst ST movie. TMP, SfS, FF, Generations, and Insurrection are all weaker films.
Originally posted by Badabing
I think my problem with Nemesis is that it is dark but also "quiet". Very little music is playing in the background. I don't hate the movie it's just one of my least favorite Star Trek movies, along with Final Frontier. But I still watch the movies.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 12:01 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

The dark and silent tone of the movie was my favorite aspect of Nemesis. In many ways, I thought that's how the Star Wars prequels should have looked.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 01:46 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I can see that appealing to people. But for me TNG was always the cheery franchise while DS9 and Voyager were a bit darker.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 04:24 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

To fix the problem with the original, new thread for merging...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 05:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

there, problem solved, vote away...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 05:56 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks raoul!

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 01:26 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

since when have they used a joystick to steer the enterprise?? they have used a key pad to adjust the course even in the shuttles but NEVER a joystick. (show me one episode where they have done that)

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 07:11 PM
darthmaul1

TMP 7/10 great story although it is quite boring in places, if you can get the directors edition on DVD it has some new effects and some stuff removed, and added.

TWOK 10/10 perfect movie

TSFS 7/10 good fun and humor and needed in the series.

TVH 8/10 loads of fun and a great movie, "Can you tell me where to find the nuclear wessals."

TFF 1/10 good comedy, nothing else, i don't even consider it to be part of the series.

TUC 10/10 along the lines of wrath of khan (same director) great movie

Generations 1/10 just a bad movie reusing footage from the undiscovered country, Kirk went out like a panzy, and why didn't malcom mcdowell just get in a space suit and sit in space and wait for the barrier to hit him. don't consider it part of the series

First Contact 9/10 great movie loads of fun, the only one out of NG that i like and have.

insurection 1/10 crap, bad and stupid, (nintendo joystick) and WTF Worf just happens to be passing by??

nemipenis 1/10 crap garbage dumb, did not feel anything when data died cause there was another one to replace him.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 07:39 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which scenes in Generations were recycled from Undiscovered Country? I don't remember that.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 08:02 PM