KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Where did the Green Goblin's inspiration come from?

Where did the Green Goblin's inspiration come from?
Started by: Da Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Part of me does just to see your reaction stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:29 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Part of the Spider-man fan in me will die that day stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:30 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
How when He's currently dead?

Obviously it means whenever he returns to any storyline or appears in another cartoon. wink

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:31 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by Da Joker
Obviously it means whenever he returns to any storyline or appears in another cartoon. wink

Spec spider-man he'll be in that...possibly, ult. spider-man...dunno what'll happen...616 spider-man, I can't really see him returning, and even if he does he'll stay one dimensional...he'll just be a guy who likes to kill, kill and them kill some more. Marvel won't change him because marvel is dumb when it comes to spider-man, we got monkeys on crack writing his stories.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:41 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Spec spider-man he'll be in that...possibly, ult. spider-man...dunno what'll happen...616 spider-man, I can't really see him returning, and even if he does he'll stay one dimensional...he'll just be a guy who likes to kill, kill and them kill some more. Marvel won't change him because marvel is dumb when it comes to spider-man, we got monkeys on crack writing his stories.

Thats true that is.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:46 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, and we have a crackpot director as well. sad

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:57 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

It's the sad truth for spider-man...it's just not the same anymore, he used to get some great stuff but then marvel said..and I quote: 'Hey guys...lets like, totally take spider-man and then like....totally ass rape him and screw his stories!'

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:59 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

And make a new world of spider-man......thanks joe thanks a lot, thanks for taking classic tales that we hold dear and throwing them out the window.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 12:13 AM
steverules
The doctor

No he kept them, they are now the toilet paper in the mens bathrooms

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 12:17 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

True.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 12:22 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Joe is aight, but aint handling shit right.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 12:56 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Alright..... hardly DJ, hardly.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 09:56 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

He seems like an alright guy in his interviews...but I mean that business wise he's not doing what he needs to do.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 07:16 PM
harri
I may be a geek

Originally posted by Da Joker
I never said he was a Joker clone, so stop saying it. Second of all, we all have our own mind, and it's not a crime to create a character inspired by another.
Look man there's no need to be aggresive about all of this, i wasn't pointing the finger at you at all i just said he wasn't a joker clone.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 08:39 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not being aggressive, I simply said he's not a Joker clone, and he's not.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 04:38 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

who's not, Carnage or Goblin?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 11:24 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Green Goblin

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 11:24 AM
Kovacs86

Originally posted by SpyCspider
Stan Lee had like, what, 20 so odd years to come up with Spidey's main villain knowing that Batman had Joker for that long?

Perhaps subconsciously or even intentionally, he got the inspiration from Joker but I'm sure there are interviews out there to confirm or debunk that.

It's just kind of weird since Batman and Joker are polar opposites..while Spidey is known for being wisecracking but gets super serious when it comes to fighting the goblin.

If he was inspired subconsciously then he wouldn't think about it, therefore he wouldn't necessarily admit to being inspired by the Joker in any interview, would he?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 07:22 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Originally posted by Toku King
Carnage is the crappy, two dimensional, uninteresting version of the Joker.

You can't get more two-dimensional and uninteresting than Joker.
Only Alan Moore made him deep and that's because he's a god and could turn shit into gold like he did in Killing Joke.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 11:30 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
You can't get more two-dimensional and uninteresting than Joker.
Only Alan Moore made him deep and that's because he's a god and could turn shit into gold like he did in Killing Joke.

What a stupid response this is, if you actually bothered to read into the character you would understand that even before the killing joke, the Joker was a very deep and psychological character with different layers, obviously you never thought that deep into it as you only saw the plain "psycho clown look" which in itself can sometimes be determined as a farce by the Joker himself as a clever ploy so that he can just get thrown into Arkham time and time again, from this post i can gather you have hardly read any Batman comics, it is also apparent that you have no grasp or knowledge on the character, i could understand if you had an opinion on the matter, but you clearly don't, as you have proved i would have accepted you saying, "I don't like the Joker for this such and such reason" however you have provided no reason as to why he is 2D, now i would suggest you pick up more then the killing joke (which yes it does indeed show a great light on the Joker and his stance on Batman etc. however i believe you should have various sources to get a clear understanding of events/personality of that hero/villain) and read them more carefully, unless you are just a 13 year old child, then yeah i don't expect you to grasp the Joker's nature or his relationship with Batman.

I would go on but with the likes of everyone on the Batman forum and Mr. Shin here in the Spider-man forum i believe collectively we would all say the same, and prove why he is not 2D, you don't have to like him, that's fine but don't go around saying things that are clearly untrue without having a proper understanding of the character.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 12:47 AM