KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Where did the Green Goblin's inspiration come from?

Where did the Green Goblin's inspiration come from?
Started by: Da Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

I would just like to go on the record by saying that "I like Joker."

I say this for 2 reasons-

1. being that I actually like Joker.

and

2. Neo scares me when he gets like that.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 01:26 AM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
You can't get more two-dimensional and uninteresting than Joker.
Only Alan Moore made him deep and that's because he's a god and could turn shit into gold like he did in Killing Joke.

*looks around at everyone else* Is anyone really this stupid, or am I dreaming?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 02:55 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

You can't get more two-dimensional and uninteresting than Joker.
Only Alan Moore made him deep and that's because he's a god and could turn shit into gold like he did in Killing Joke.

You put too much faith in Alan Moore, the same Alan Moore who dislikes Killing Joke nowadays. It's fairly alright to idolize someone's work, but you can't just say Alan Moore did the Joker justice when many other people made him who he is today.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
What a stupid response this is, if you actually bothered to read into the character you would understand that even before the killing joke, the Joker was a very deep and psychological character with different layers, obviously you never thought that deep into it as you only saw the plain "psycho clown look" which in itself can sometimes be determined as a farce by the Joker himself as a clever ploy so that he can just get thrown into Arkham time and time again, from this post i can gather you have hardly read any Batman comics, it is also apparent that you have no grasp or knowledge on the character, i could understand if you had an opinion on the matter, but you clearly don't, as you have proved i would have accepted you saying, "I don't like the Joker for this such and such reason" however you have provided no reason as to why he is 2D, now i would suggest you pick up more then the killing joke (which yes it does indeed show a great light on the Joker and his stance on Batman etc. however i believe you should have various sources to get a clear understanding of events/personality of that hero/villain) and read them more carefully, unless you are just a 13 year old child, then yeah i don't expect you to grasp the Joker's nature or his relationship with Batman.

pwnage

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:59 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alan Moore is a peice of crap, to be honest. He dislikes his own films, even when they're done justice. F*ck Alan Moore. Whether he did a Joker or story or not, he'd still be iconic, so f*ck him.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:23 PM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Alan Moore is one of the best comic book writers in history so no...he's not crap sorry.

And this post is just a giant run-on thought that says nothing.

quote:
What a stupid response this is, if you actually bothered to read into the character you would understand that even before the killing joke, the Joker was a very deep and psychological character with different layers, obviously you never thought that deep into it as you only saw the plain "psycho clown look" which in itself can sometimes be determined as a farce by the Joker himself as a clever ploy so that he can just get thrown into Arkham time and time again,

So he likes to kill people for shits and giggles.
That's it?
Gotcha. Two-dimensional indeed.

quote:
from this post i can gather you have hardly read any Batman comics, it is also apparent that you have no grasp or knowledge on the character, i could understand if you had an opinion on the matter, but you clearly don't, as you have proved i would have accepted you saying, "I don't like the Joker for this such and such reason" however you have provided no reason as to why he is 2D, now i would suggest you pick up more then the killing joke (which yes it does indeed show a great light on the Joker and his stance on Batman etc. however i believe you should have various sources to get a clear understanding of events/personality of that hero/villain) and read them more carefully, unless you are just a 13 year old child, then yeah i don't expect you to grasp the Joker's nature or his relationship with Batman.

What's there to understand?
A. he's insane.
B. He likes killing and hurting people.
That's all his character is known for. That's the sole mark of his legacy.
There is nothing beyond.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:52 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Alan Moore is one of the best comic book writers in history so no...he's not crap sorry.

That's it?

A. he's insane.
There is nothing beyond.

And you proved my point, you have never read any Batman comics at all, so you have no say in the matter, fact still stands he is not a 2D character at all, if you bother to read any Batman comics in you're time then you will see his complexity in the form of his relationship with Batman, as i said before i could go into this at a deep length, but considering the entire Batman forum would back me up on this and Mr. Shin here also, who knows what he's talking about when it comes to Batman comics, i really don't see the need to waste my time on such an idiotic post/view, and I'm not bashing you or anything like that, it's the simple truth the character has a complex personality, he's not mearly killing for "shits and giggles" he does it for a reason, that reason can vary depending on the matter, fact is every time he tortures someone or hurts someone he's making a point and this could be anything from, all it takes is one bad day to become him, to showing Batman he's exactly the same as him, to say he is doing it for no reason can be considered fact in some cases, however you will find that almost all of the things he does are to send a message across, and in other stories, it has been suggested the Joker is Sane and uses the image of insanity to just get thrown into Arkham time and time again, others have said he is "super-sane" like i said only someone lacking in Batman knowledge would make that claim, and just as i said at the top that means they have no say in such a matter.

I would suggest you read other source's other then the Killing Joke, i would also suggest you take time to read into the books other then just the plain, "oh Jokers the bad-guy he gets beat by Batman because he's the good-guy" angle because that only really works with 5 year old's.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Oct 15th, 2008 at 06:10 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 06:04 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's it?

A. he's insane.
There is nothing beyond.

Somebody's in love with Alan Moore... laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 06:05 PM
harri
I may be a geek

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 07:59 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote