KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

If i was a 10 yr old kid id have liked it for what it was and now be at ToysRus no doubt nagging for the shit loads of merch ive seen all over.
But im not 10 any more and im obv not the target audience for this so ill have to admit to myself "im too old for this shit".
I just didnt like it...gimme the Robot Chicken special over this any day.
All the negative things about this kid flick have been said already.
I have nothing new to offer other than what i saw yesterday added further evidence that Star Wars truly ended in 1983.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Sep 7th, 2008 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 02:36 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Can you guys not read?

That was pure speculation.

The movie was announced in February. We even have the official announcement linked to in opening post of the thread commenting on that in this very area!

Honestly guys... "can't argue with"... pathetic.

Specualtion my ass! Hasbro confirmed it was coming back to theatres, I can get the guys at theForce-Cast to give you the pod-cast if you want!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bottom line, if you were a Hardcore fan you knew it was coming.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you guys not read?

That was pure speculation.

The movie was announced in February. We even have the official announcement linked to in opening post of the thread commenting on that in this very area!

Honestly guys... "can't argue with"... pathetic.

Can you not read?
Heres the quote if you have to see it twice for it to sink in...

"The Force.net reported that Hasbro announced at the Fall 2007 Analyst Event that the upcoming STAR WARS:CLONE WARS animated TV series will premiere in theaters on August 8, 2008."

Like I said, the hardcore knew and have known for a long, long time.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 04:53 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good Lord, you ARE stupid! Go read it again, it was immediately denied by Lucasfilm and just called speculation. There was no decision made at that time. It says this in the article you linked to, if you can be bothered to read it!

Again. Official announcement was not until February. Speculation means nothing, and it might very well have not happened.

If you are going to link something, have the courtesy to read it properly yourself first.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 8th, 2008 at 05:36 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

"Right after this news hit the wires, Lucasfilm was quick to clarify the announcement from Hasbro, telling the site that no decision has been made.

"I'd like to clarify Hasbro comments this AM about the Clone Wars TV series," Lucasfilm said. "We see it as a breakthrough animated television series and are exploring a number of innovative ways to introduce it to the public. No decisions regarding release strategy have been made yet."

This kind of stuff happens all the time: One company releases too much and another has to cover it up. No, it wasn't OFFICIAL, but it was released.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Sep 8th, 2008 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It wasn't even decided. They didn't decide it until February. It was all speculation until then.

As if Hasbro had anything to do with the decision!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

A good movie; nothing over the top, not an exceptional movie but put me in the mood for the series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN5tCZMig8M&fmt=18
new trailer includes a sneak peak at Plo Koon's voice actor

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

It wasn't even decided. They didn't decide it until February. It was all speculation until then.

As if Hasbro had anything to do with the decision!

Foolish Naievety

The only reason Lucasfilm denied it is because they didn't want the info released yet, not that they hadn't decided, but they didn't want us to know yet. It wasn't time.

It is a common buisness practice: only release information when you have something to show, even if you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

However, you allow a company that is making the toys to know enough to be able to begin models and such and you have an opening for leaks

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good Lord, you ARE stupid! Go read it again, it was immediately denied by Lucasfilm and just called speculation. There was no decision made at that time. It says this in the article you linked to, if you can be bothered to read it!

Again. Official announcement was not until February. Speculation means nothing, and it might very well have not happened.

If you are going to link something, have the courtesy to read it properly yourself first.

Lucasfilm had their thunder stolen, of course their going to deny it and push back the release date. Bottom line, they still announced that there was a movie on its way. You simply cant argue that fact...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 06:00 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ush, your treating this as a rumor, its not! It is an official announcement by Hasbro regarding products that they produce. They knew it was coming, and if you actually did some detective work, you would too.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 06:07 PM
queeq
Chaos

Hasbro is not Lucasfilm.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 07:27 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't matter. erm And I think it's pretty obvious, actually.

LF let it slip about the movie date to Hasbro, Hasbro spilled the beans like fools and LF pulled a "Doh!", and covered it up by denying it.

Happens all the time.

I see no reason to think otherwise.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 07:52 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Precisely

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 11:40 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by queeq
Hasbro is not Lucasfilm.

Kind of irrelivant there Queeq, never said they were...

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Sep 10th, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 12:49 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bottom line, Hardcore fans knew it was coming, they were the ones who got all hyped about it, and in the end, they're the ones who were most disappointed...

You cant make excuses for that...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 12:54 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Dissapointed by something Star Wars on screen post 1983 ???

Nah

As long as the target market loves it(and judging by the amount of kids i saw coming out of the cinema as i qued for Hellboy buzzing and doing what i did in 77 e.g making lightsabre noises and running amok)who cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Sep 10th, 2008 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 04:58 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Well, I do have to give it that, it definitely satisfied the target audience.

However, with the droids as retarded as they are in this series, there is no need for Jar Jar. Even though his appearance in this series is unavoidable

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Sep 10th, 2008 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 08:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
It doesn't matter. erm And I think it's pretty obvious, actually.

LF let it slip about the movie date to Hasbro, Hasbro spilled the beans like fools and LF pulled a "Doh!", and covered it up by denying it.

Happens all the time.

I see no reason to think otherwise.

Still an opinion, still a rumour, still not a fact, movie was still not announced until February, which is exactly when speculation about it here started, so the original claims of having waited 'two years' for this film are still utter nonsense done in an attempt to look cool in puttiong the film down.

Nac- And of course it is relevant that Hasbro are not Lucasfilm- you were saying that the annoucement was 'official'. It is only official if it comes from the right people, as should be patently obvious

The only FACT of the matter, is that true fan speculation about the film began in February, after its official announcement.

Plenty of hardcore fans are happy. You are just trying to define 'hardcore fan' as 'people who think exactly like me'.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 11th, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 10:19 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Still an opinion, still a rumour, still not a fact, movie was still not announced until February, which is exactly when speculation about it here started, so the original claims of having waited 'two years' for this film are still utter nonsense done in an attempt to look cool in puttiong the film down.

Nac- And of course it is relevant that Hasbro are not Lucasfilm- you were saying that the annoucement was 'official'. It is only official if it comes from the right people, as should be patently obvious

The only FACT of the matter, is that true fan speculation about the film began in February, after its official announcement.

Plenty of hardcore fans are happy. You are just trying to define 'hardcore fan' as 'people who think exactly like me'.

Ush, you just don't understand buisness do you? Well, allow me to enlighten you:

Lucasfilm had to inform Hasbro of their plans to have a theactrical release of the Clone Wars for marketing purposes. However, it wasn't time to let the public know of this, because they didn't have anything to show yet. When Hasbro let it slip that there WAS going to be a movie, Lucasfilm HAD to jump in and deny it, saying that no decision was made, because they weren't ready for it to be known.

No, it wasn't "OFFICIAL" but it WAS announced, and as long as you aren't a nieve fool, you knew it was coming.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 03:03 PM