KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » the Triumvirate vs Sidious and Vader

the Triumvirate vs Sidious and Vader
Started by: DantevsKratos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Faunus
Then he would get owned by Traya/Sion...

One thing at a time. First off, there's no fleet, and if Sidious uses his Force-storm he would die immediately. Think, please.

Second, Nihilus doesn't use a "drain." He severs connections to the Force, and then feeds on the reverberations caused by the resulting deaths.

Vader would not get owned by them. He fought more powerful beings than them like Galen.

How would Sidious die by using force storm. The only way to cut him off from his force storm is by pressing the power of the lightside around him. Does Nihilus use the light side? No. If Vesas Marr survived Nihilus's force drain than im sure Sidious can. Sidious can also create small versions of force storms. So he can just create a small one around Nihilus. It only takes a thought for Sidious to create one. Sidious is said to be the most powerful sith in history, so that means more powerful than Nihilus. the Dark Side sourcebook proves this, and so does the essential guide to chronology.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

You did notice that her attempt failed miserably, right? And then she got her face owned by Sion.

Like I said earlier - whatever he did, her Force ability was reduced to a level below that of freezing-cold, upside-down, face-slashed-open ESB Luke Skywalker.
But if ones connection were really severed from the force, how would he/she still have the ability to reach out with the force to attempt to call out their weapon? A victim that is really severed from the force wouldn't even be able to try to reach out with the force let alone command it...

But i think its also possible that the impact caused when kreia was slammed against the wall by nihilus caused her concentration to be plundered and that she may had suffered a concussion which made it very hard for her to focus to properly command the force.

I really think this is plausible faunus, if she was really severed off the force, how could she even try to grab her lightsaber?

Did you read any of my previous posts?

He put all three of the attackers in stasis as soon as they walked up to him. He could've killed them then. Instead, he tried to do his thing to the Exile, and the attempt back-fired and crippled him. That's how he died. When he was already starved - which was why he was going to destroy Telos - after he'd tried to "sever" the Exile, after he'd already locked her, Visas, and Mandalore in stasis.
No i did not, but i do get it now.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 04:44 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
But if ones connection were really severed from the force, how would he/she still have the ability to reach out with the force to attempt to call out their weapon? A victim that is really severed from the force wouldn't even be able to try to reach out with the force let alone command it...

But i think its also possible that the impact caused when kreia was slammed against the wall by nihilus caused her concentration to be plundered and that she may had suffered a concussion which made it very hard for her to focus to properly command the force.

I really think this is plausible faunus, if she was really severed off the force, how could she even try to grab her lightsaber?
Obviously I don't think he did cut her off from the Force like he was trying to do the Exile. But whatever he did clearly dampened her ability substantially.

A concussion? Doesn't really make sense, unless that was one hell of a Force-push and her brain just doesn't move inside her head. Luke was knocked into a starship's door with such force that his helmet split in two and his head left an impression in the steel. He then proceeded to get up and kick the shit out of the man responsible.

Star Wars characters tend to have obscene levels of resistance to that kind of injury. See Obi-Wan / Qui-Gon vs. Maul for that.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok cool. Then it was not a force sever.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:13 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
Ok cool. Then it was not a force sever.

Right. I almost got the feeling it was some kind of...Force Supression? Whatever it was, its clear he didn't mean for it to be fatal.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a force supression?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:36 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

An attack I just made up? lol

It's pretty clear that if Nihilus wanted to sever her, she'd be dead - immediately. So, it wasn't a Force Sever. It seems to me like he almost threw out some kind of telekinetic or Force-based attack that blocked her own ability to use the Force....hence, "Force Supression."

Clever, right? wink

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol maybe.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 06:14 AM
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Nihilus power operates in the same way as the Harvester in the Dark Reaper, with the exception of his power being WAY more effective and powerful.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:52 PM
Click here to Send DarkSerpent a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSerpent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Nothing said can change the fact that Sidious is the most powerful sith lord of all time.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 06:35 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Nothing said can change the fact that Sidious is the most powerful sith lord of all time.

Actually, that's not true. Were I inclined to disagree with you, then Sidious's position would be cast in doubt. Such is my power.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Gideon
Actually, that's not true. Were I inclined to disagree with you, then Sidious's position would be cast in doubt. Such is my power.

Yeah you are inclined to disagree, but you are only disagreeing with canon sources.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 07:22 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Yeah you are inclined to disagree, but you are only disagreeing with canon sources.

You must not have understood him. Gideon is the main advocate for Sidious rights. He could cast Sidious's position into doubt because I made him all powerful, using my retroactive infallibility. It's common knowledge, really.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Oh... Ok... I guess?????

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 09:33 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Yes. Gideon would make a fantastic sophist.

He reminds me of IKC, who argued that Exar Kun could take out the entire PT Jedi Council - clearly wrong - but did it so well that it was difficult to counter him without making yourself look stupid. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 10:46 PM
Eminence
Boss

Let this thread die, please.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

There is no arguement about Sidious being the greatest and most powerful sith ever. You can't argue with canon sources.... Well you can, but it is kind of pointless.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 11:48 PM
Eminence
Boss

There is no arguement about Sidious being the greatest and most powerful sith ever. You can't argue with canon sources.... Well you can, but it is kind of pointless.
Greatest is relative, actually. While you clearly love the character, others might find "greatness" inherent in others.

Me? Yeah, I think Palpatine is the greatest Sith Lord of all time, because he does what most others of his cult spend their lives dreaming of doing.

And just because he's the most learned and powerful does not mean he can't be beaten. You couldn't be farther from the truth, and you have seriously got to start thinking a little.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 12:41 AM
Dominis

Of course it is possible for him to be beaten. It is possible for a professional ufc fighter to get wooped by a random person off the streets, but the propability is very unlikely.

When they say Sidious was the greatest, they mostly mean what he was able to accomplish, and his knowledge. When they say he was the most powerful practitioner of the dark side, that means no one has surpassed him in power.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 12:57 AM
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, if you want somebody to argue with, pick Tangible God... He's this forums Dumb, Stubborn Republican...

Welcome to Hell, my friendly denizen.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 01:16 AM
Click here to Send DarkSerpent a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSerpent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote