KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Last Horror/Thriller Film Watched?

Last Horror/Thriller Film Watched?
Started by: deathbycorn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Humains - very disappointed. Silly French horror film with cheesy [SPOILER - highlight to read]: cavemen... and some dodgy editing.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 12:18 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe Buck

We watched Friday The 13th and Evil Dead II in honor of Halloween last weekend. My wife HATED Evil Dead. She likes her movies all modern and glossy and such.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 02:24 AM
Joe Buck is currently offline Click here to Send Joe Buck a Private Message Find more posts by Joe Buck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stall_19
REC- Holy shit was that scary. I believe this what Quarantine was remade from. But man, when they do the documentary style horror movie correctly there's nothing quite like it. I just watched it at 2 am with all the light off and a pair of headphones. No better way to watch a horror movie.

Lol Co-signed

Originally posted by MildPossession
Quarantine was indeed a remake of [REC], there is also a sequel out to the original film.

Hell yeah it does, and it kicks F***ing ASS!
Took the first movie in a new direction and a welcome one at that.

Hmmm
At the movies: I finally had a chance to go see Devil..... Was freakin good. I was expecting to be dissapointed so my expectations were low even after a lot of good/passing reviews... but yeah it was a nice surprise IMO. Definitely worth a watch.

At home: I've been bashing through the 40 some odd hours of horror movies I recorded during AMC's halloween horrorfest.
Just finished 13 ghosts... I remember it being soooo much more suspensful.. this time.. it was just kinda... meh. I don't want to say bad, because it has some solid ok performances.. enough to keep your interest at least... but it wasn't great.... or even good really.
On the other hand I'min the middle of House on Haunted Hill which is the opposite.. I remember hating that movie.... At the moment I'm really enjoying it. Solid performances; Geoffry Rush and Chris Catan (I don't feel like looking up the spelling on these names) steal every scene they're in, and the whole cast is pretty strong.

Good movie that does a good job of not taking itself too seriously but delivering when it counts.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 02:29 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Yeah I'm looking forward to Devil....I like the idea of M. Night taking a Hitchcock approach to story telling.

People will be alot more forgiving that way.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 02:19 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paul79UF

I just watched "Doghouse" last night and was very pleasantly surprised.

It's a British comedy/horror with female zombies in a small town. It was scary sometimes but mostly I laughed.

It starred Tommy from Snatch and the cool young black guy from Kidulthood and Adulthood.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 11:28 PM
Paul79UF is currently offline Click here to Send Paul79UF a Private Message Find more posts by Paul79UF Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Just finisher House of Wax yesterday... Holy shit is that movie god aweful.

The town was pretty creepy in how it was set-up... but the "get to know our victims" took WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much screen time. Do we really need to commit this much time to backstory and exposition rather than real character development? The performances from the cast were lacking something fierce... I mean, you know there's a problem when you can't really distinguich Paris Hilton's performance as worse than the people she's surrounded by in the film. She was actually better than half the cast IMO. erm

That's not a good thing.

Was nice to finally see a wrong male lead who handled the situation like a strong male lead should instead of being just a run of the mill tough guy who gets off screened or ambushed etc.

Overall the whole movie was just... Meh.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 03:16 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Try out Waxhouse.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 02:11 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nightmare on Elm Street remake - another shit film to add to Michael Bay's remake filmography...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 03:00 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Night of the Living Dead.

Haven't watched that for years.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 05:37 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fabion

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 06:42 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2010 05:12 AM
Fabion is currently offline Click here to Send Fabion a Private Message Find more posts by Fabion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Friday the 13th - The Final Chapter

I really enjoyed this one although some of the victims were somewhat likeable, so I was sad when they were killed. Corey Feldman...seriously creepy...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 08:39 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Friday the 13th - A New Beginning

Ok overall, the deaths are not as setup or as inventive as the previous ones but the problems that Jarvis was going through was well done. I kind of had a 'hey, cool' moment when I saw the actor from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, the guy who gives the young Jones his iconic hat at the beginning.

I've got three more to watch and then I'll decide if I'll watch Jason X or the re-make they did.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 08:19 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Just watched Diary of the Dead.

And although I like the idea of humans being the real threat during an apocalypse this film pushed it into snuffville and therefore failed hard.

3/10

Bout to watch Argento's Inferno can't wait.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 02:37 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Just watched Argento's Inferno.

Very Surreal and nail-biting at stages.

I wish he completed the Trilogy apparently he wanted Jennifer Connelly to play the third witch but after Phenomena I can understand why she steered away from that genre.

A good 7/10 Goblin soundtrack excellent as always.

Last edited by the ninjak on Dec 20th, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 12:47 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by the ninjak on Dec 20th, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 12:48 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

He did complete the trilogy...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 03:59 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

He did complete the trilogy...

I havent seen Tenebre yet. Though I read it was unrelated. What was the film?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 03:37 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tenebre isn't the third film... Mother of Tears is the official third film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_of_Tears

Unfortunately it was a horrendous finish to the trilogy, terrible film.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 03:43 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Tenebre isn't the third film... Mother of Tears is the official third film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_of_Tears

Unfortunately it was a horrendous finish to the trilogy, terrible film.

Thanks! I've just recently started my Argento marathon.
In Inferno the 3 mothers/witches had Tenebrous as the third so I assumed it was intended to be the third but obviously because the hack couldnt get Connelly he went ahead and just made another Giallo flick.

Shame about MoT being bad how can anyone mess that up?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 08:23 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Argento can. He has not released anything for quite some time, think his last three or four films have been rubbish. sad

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 05:58 PM