KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Surfer's energy blasts vs Superman's Heat vision

Surfer's energy blasts vs Superman's Heat vision
Started by: Superman XX5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

Surfer seemed to put the "time bomb" inside his lifeless body(or something to that effect) but he wasn't directly involved.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 07:23 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Goober. How much damage do you think if Surfer could do to Thor with a 5 second continuous blast, giving his all? Thor just stands there and takes it of course.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:38 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Goober. How much damage do you think if Surfer could do to Thor with a 5 second continuous blast, giving his all? Thor just stands there and takes it of course.

Pretty much impossible to say.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:50 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by darthgoober
So if Superman INTENDS to damage a target with his HV it's not impressive that he does so successfully?

What are you talking about? It's a nice space cheese feat but that's it. It's like asking how much energy it takes to create a big bang.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman was one of the four people who contributed in Damage absorbing enough energy to create a big bang.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Spectre accelerated this process by pumping more energy into him and started the big bang

(please log in to view the image)

Reiterated again in Doomsday wars.

Who the **** cares about these space cheese. Oh right, Surfer fans.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:59 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Surfer seemed to put the "time bomb" inside his lifeless body(or something to that effect) but he wasn't directly involved.

Wut?
Pretty much impossible to say.

Why? Isn't a black hole supposed to be fatal to Thor?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 03:01 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

That same scan says Waverider gave the combined team the feat basically. Its impossible to gauge how much was Supermans.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 03:40 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Damborgson
That same scan says Waverider gave the combined team the feat basically. Its impossible to gauge how much was Supermans.

Waverider only altered the energy and did not amped it.

But how small percentage of a big bang can create a black hole? That should be the question.

Let's see how much mental gymnastic goober can do to make sure surfer's feat of creating a black hole is superior to that of participating in creation of a big bang.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 04:58 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Waverider only altered the energy and did not amped it.

But how small percentage of a big bang can create a black hole? That should be the question.

Let's see how much mental gymnastic goober can do to make sure surfer's feat of creating a black hole is superior to that of participating in creation of a big bang.

No way to know. -shrug-

You can alter water into ice and now it hits a lot harder if you throw it at someone.

Superman has better feats to pick from than such a shady one anyway.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 05:22 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

That should be plenty.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 05:37 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

No way to know. -shrug-

You can alter water into ice and now it hits a lot harder if you throw it at someone.

Superman has better feats to pick from than such a shady one anyway.

How is it shady? Turning water into ice doesn't changes its mass. Waverider only altered the combined energy, that was explicitly stated.

It's like Superman pulling up earth along with Hal Jordan is not as impressive as Luke Cage lifting a car because we don't know how much Superman contributed.

We're talking about two entirely different levels of power here.

Here it is Reiterated again.

That should be plenty.

But you see, that doesn't makes Superman powerful. That makes Darkseid weak because obviously Superman can't be that powerful.

/darthgoober

Last edited by abhilegend on Oct 18th, 2017 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 05:54 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

How is it shady? Turning water into ice doesn't changes its mass. Waverider only altered the combined energy, that was explicitly stated.

It's like Superman pulling up earth along with Hal Jordan is not as impressive as Luke Cage lifting a car because we don't know how much Superman contributed.

We're talking about two entirely different levels of power here.

Here it is Reiterated again.

But you see, that doesn't makes Superman powerful. That makes Darkseid weak because obviously Superman can't be that powerful.

/darthgoober

It's shady because his energies weren't just his energies. They were shared and then altered, and I don't know where that leaves Superman's feat. Impressive, but how impressive is highly open to interpretation.

Yeah, but put both in a bucket and pour them out, then compare which does more damage to a face. That's the vibe the feat gives me.

Well...in that case I think it's fair to assume he lifted more than a car, but hey.

Yeah, that is indeed a reiteration.

Unfortunately for my man Surfer, I don't even think he's ever won a beam struggle with anyone of note. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but his blasting is damn lack luster.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:09 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's shady because his energies weren't just his energies. They were shared and then altered, and I don't know where that leaves Superman's feat. Impressive, but how impressive is highly open to interpretation.

Yeah, but put both in a bucket and pour them out, then compare which does more damage to a face. That's the vibe the feat gives me.

Well...in that case I think it's fair to assume he lifted more than a car, but hey.

Yeah, that is indeed a reiteration.

Unfortunately for my man Surfer, I don't even think he's ever won a beam struggle with anyone of note. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but his blasting is damn lack luster.

It may be open to interpretation regarding how much he contributed to the big bang but to compare it to the energies necessary to create a black hole? Not even worth arguing.

It is not about damage. It's how much energy was needed and it was pretty much the biggest energy accumulation feat for any bunch of heralds.

See, I don't like these feats anymore than you do. But Surfer fans always fall back on "creating a black hole" as THE biggest feat for energy projection because they don't have anything other than meaningless space cheese.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:24 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

It may be open to interpretation regarding how much he contributed to the big bang but to compare it to the energies necessary to create a black hole? Not even worth arguing.

It is not about damage. It's how much energy was needed and it was pretty much the biggest energy accumulation feat for any bunch of heralds.

See, I don't like these feats anymore than you do. But Surfer fans always fall back on "creating a black hole" as THE biggest feat for energy projection because they don't have anything other than meaningless space cheese.

Fair enough.

Almost the biggest energy acculturation, probably number two.
cool

I mean it's a good feat too, don't get me wrong but for whatever reason Surfer has strangely low blasting showings for someone with that much potential power.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:14 AM
Genii96

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
A hecking lot, lol.

But wasn't Air Walker involved as well?

No,it was the discharge of surfer that caused it as a side effect

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:29 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Originally posted by h1a8

Didn't Thor himself admit that surfer could have killed him and his group with a warning blast?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:32 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Fair enough.

Almost the biggest energy acculturation, probably number two.
cool

I mean it's a good feat too, don't get me wrong but for whatever reason Surfer has strangely low blasting showings for someone with that much potential power.

What is the first IYO?
Originally posted by Genii96
No,it was the discharge of surfer that caused it as a side effect

Surfer created the black hole intentionally.
Originally posted by Genii96
Didn't Thor himself admit that surfer could have killed him and his group with a warning blast?

Likely hyperbole. Thor once said that falling from a building may kill him and same was said for Hercules.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 10:38 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

It's because people confuse space cheese, with actual potency.

GL auto-shields survive supernovas and black holes. You don't see anybody claiming the rookies are unbeatable.

The reverse is true with Surfer.

Superman, Hal, Thor, and more have MUCH better energy projection in terms of combat.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 11:28 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Who claims Surfer is unbeatable due to these feats ? laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

What are you talking about? It's a nice space cheese feat but that's it. It's like asking how much energy it takes to create a big bang.

Reiterated again in Doomsday wars.

Who the **** cares about these space cheese. Oh right, Surfer fans.

Like it or not, cheese or not, feats are feats man. And feats matter on KMC regardless of how much you hate that fact.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 03:53 PM
darthgoober

/darthgoober

abhi, you're mixing up me with yourself. You're the one who loves to play the lowball game...

It was Surfer intentionally creating a black hole. Nothing extraordinary about it when the seekers tanked the same blast.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 04:01 PM