KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Star Trek-nemises

Star Trek-nemises
Started by: pecsi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Now the classic era had staying power and the series of films lasted over a full decade. Compare that to the four TNG movies released since 1994 and you see what I mean.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 03:16 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

True that and DR.Who rocked and it's old that cool that shows like that never get too old.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 03:19 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes that reminds me...I should resurrect the thread tomorrow.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 03:25 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Hell yeah I got some new tapes from my freind but haven't seen them yet or even now which Doctors is in them.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 03:31 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Cool, let me know when you have seen them and we can discuss it on the thread.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 01:50 PM
maul's woman

I guess like SW fans ST fans are loyal to the series which is much older than SW.

It's out on VHS and DVD now so anybody who hasn't seen NEMESIS can see it now. I loved it. But it was sad to see the main cast of TNG so old now.

Unfortunately Berman and Braga are not making anymore ST films using the cast members of DS9 and VOYAGER. That is a loss. Those people are still young. Many of them want to do Trek films. Oh well.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 05:30 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

STAR TREK:NEMESIS was a better film than First Contact. There is more at stake this time than in recent films efforts. Captain Picard and the Enterprise-E crew have a lot more at risk personally this time around as opposed to a plot based around the Borg.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 05:32 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yeah that true.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 11:08 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

With the Borg it is always about the enslavement of Earth and that got old a long time ago. Nemesis has several story arcs with Data, Riker and Deanna and so on that add depth to the story that I feel was missing in the earlier films.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 11:38 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

I bet they'll be another Star Trek movie.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 11:51 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes everytime there is one people say it will be the last one but then anoher one is announced by the guys at Paramount. Rick Berman(the head honcho) has publically said Nemesis is the last film in the series. I don't believe it is either. People have been saying that since The Wrath of Khan in 1982!

Old Post May 24th, 2003 04:07 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yeah just like many other movies or shows.

Old Post May 24th, 2003 05:01 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Star Trek II and VI were both reputed as the last voyage of the original Enterprise crew yet Captain Kirk made an appearance in Generations. I doubt Nemesis will be the last film for the Next Gen crew despite what Rick Berman says.

Old Post May 24th, 2003 09:40 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yep when it comes to some francises as long as there money involved they stretch anything out.

Old Post May 24th, 2003 09:51 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I just hope they don't ruin Nemesis' climax by bringing Data back if they do another film.

Old Post May 25th, 2003 09:46 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Knowing them they'll do anything

Old Post May 25th, 2003 10:35 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Brent Spiner has been repeatedly quoted as saying that Data is dead and he ain't coming back.

Old Post May 25th, 2003 10:36 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Interesting and the director of aliens once said he wasn't going to do a Aliens 4 but we know how that went.

Old Post May 25th, 2003 10:38 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Leonard Nimoy said goodbye to the role of Spock in Star Trek II but came back for four sequels and a two-part Next Gen episode.

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on May 25th, 2003 at 11:53 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2003 11:32 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

OHHH

Old Post May 25th, 2003 11:35 PM