KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Hey, what movie is better, Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E???

What's better, slugheads?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Wall-E 23 88.46%
Kung Fu Panda 3 11.54%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hey, what movie is better, Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E???
Started by: =Tired Hiker=

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Wall-E is a better animation, hands down. Better story, better acting, better CGI.

Get an Xbox, they've gone down in price and the DVD playback is great, I get High-def capabilities. Though I do have the "elite" black Xbox, so not sure if it's different than the white one.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 09:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

The black one, does it have more features or is it just a look thing?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 09:53 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The idea that Wall-E could only appeal to children strikes me as sheer ignorance boarding on idiocy; makes me think that whoever says that hasn't even seen the film or wasn't able to look past it simply being animated and subscribe that the flawed and dumb idea that all animated films that have cute characters are for children and only children. Wall-E is among the darker and more mature animated family films I've seen (particularly the beginning). And it is more touching and powerful than any adult-themed drama I've seen this year.

It has a serious message and critiques that would simply go over a child's head.

Children will like it because it has cute characters and gorgeous visuals. Adults will like it because it has surprisingly dark themes and implications and a powerful love story and a shockingly unique and creative style.

Last edited by BackFire on Nov 21st, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Smart people are cool!

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:08 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
The idea that Wall-E could only appeal to children strikes me as sheer ignorance boarding on idiocy; makes me think that whoever says that hasn't even seen the film or wasn't able to look past it simply being animated and subscribe that the flawed and dumb idea that all animated films that have cute characters are for children and only children. Wall-E is among the darker and more mature animated family films I've seen (particularly the beginning). And it is more touching and powerful than any adult-themed drama I've seen this year.

It has a serious message and critiques that would simply go over a child's head.

Children will like it because it has cute characters and gorgeous visuals. Adults will like it because it has surprisingly dark themes and implications and a powerful love story and a shockingly unique and creative style.

Very nicely put. I do believe it has its flaws, though- like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the overextended ending and Wall-e's numerous 'deaths'.

Last edited by Impediment on Nov 22nd, 2008 at 07:37 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 09:37 AM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
The black one, does it have more features or is it just a look thing?

Comes with a 120gig hardrive, it's supposed to have better cooling and it's black.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 07:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Anyway, I was hoping the dvd player was broken, because that would give me a great excuse to finally buy a Blu-ray player, or an Xbox. You see, my wife will not allow me to purchase either of those since money is tight, got a baby on the way and such, so I was bummed it was a problem with the disc, not the player.

Buy a PS3 instead. It comes with a Blu-Ray drive, and you also get the greatness that is the PS3. Xbox 360 doesn't support Blu-Ray. Microsoft supported HD-DVD during the "Format Wars" and lost to Sony's alliance with Blu-Ray.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 07:33 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

On the whole the X-Box is pretty much better. If you absolutely want a Blu Ray player for some reason, I guess the PS3 can be considered though.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 07:53 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Wait wait wait wait wait . . . . . . I thought the Xbox DID have Blu-ray. Does it not?? And I thought you'd be able to stream movies in HD from it as well. confused

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 06:07 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

you can download HD movies from xbox live but the white xbox has component and not HDMI so HD isn't as good from component

and no...xbox went with the epic failness that is HD-DVD so had to scrap that after blu-ray won the hi-def race...and thus are waiting for a blu-ray add on box for the xbox (providing sony don't try and block it given they have a big say in what happens with blu-ray technology as they were one of the founding companies...although it's likely they will allow it as it would also mean more profit for them)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 06:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How much better is Blu-Ray over HD-DVD? Because my movies look great on my TV with the HDMI output, have a nice crisp picture.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 06:28 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is no difference as far as I know for the quality between the two, just blu ray can hold extra stuff on the disc I believe, but the quality is the same last time I asked.

Oooooooo got my WALL.E dvd today, in special eco packaging... yay.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 07:12 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

I downloaded it like the pirate I am.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 08:07 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Impediment
Buy a PS3 instead. It comes with a Blu-Ray drive, and you also get the greatness that is the PS3. Xbox 360 doesn't support Blu-Ray. Microsoft supported HD-DVD during the "Format Wars" and lost to Sony's alliance with Blu-Ray.

Thanks Imp, for the knowledge, I've been researching the PS3 now all morning.
Originally posted by jaden101
you can download HD movies from xbox live but the white xbox has component and not HDMI so HD isn't as good from component

and no...xbox went with the epic failness that is HD-DVD so had to scrap that after blu-ray won the hi-def race...and thus are waiting for a blu-ray add on box for the xbox (providing sony don't try and block it given they have a big say in what happens with blu-ray technology as they were one of the founding companies...although it's likely they will allow it as it would also mean more profit for them)

Hmm, so now I need to decide if I should just download movies or rent them. Decisions decisions.

Originally posted by Robtard
How much better is Blu-Ray over HD-DVD? Because my movies look great on my TV with the HDMI output, have a nice crisp picture.

For DVDs, right? But you wouldn't be able to play Blu-ray discs? confused

Originally posted by MildPossession
There is no difference as far as I know for the quality between the two, just blu ray can hold extra stuff on the disc I believe, but the quality is the same last time I asked.

Oooooooo got my WALL.E dvd today, in special eco packaging... yay.

Yeah, but is it hypoallergenic? confused

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 09:12 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Anyway, so I should be getting Wall-E in the mail today, so I'll probably watch it Wednesday night since I'll finally have some alone time.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 09:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

For DVDs, right? But you wouldn't be able to play Blu-ray discs? confused

Yeah, the black Xbox has the HDMI output (guess the white-box doesn't?), which gives me an excellent picture on my Hi-Def TV when watching DVDs, can't play the Blu-Ray though.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 09:15 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, the black Xbox has the HDMI output (guess the white-box doesn't?), which gives me an excellent picture on my Hi-Def TV when watching DVDs, can't play the Blu-Ray though.

Do you ever download movies? If so, are they in HD and is the quality good?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 09:18 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

you can download HD movies from xbox live yes...and the quality is good...takes a while though...although on the white xbox you'd have to use component video cables (analogue) and on the black xbox elite you get HDMI

although your tv has to be compatible...some cheaper HD tv's are only component and dont have an HDMI port

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 09:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I haven't, but since they're HD, I'd imagine they would look as good as the other HD movies I watch. (Basically what Jaden said)

Before you buy either an Xbox or PS3, make sure your TV has at least one HDMI input. IMO, Hi-Def isn't worth it unless your going through an HDMI port.

EDIT: The black Xbox comes with a HDMI cable, which would cost you an average of $60 if you had to buy it separate, just an FYI.

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 24th, 2008 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 09:32 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Good info. Thanks guys!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 09:53 PM