KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Bond is a type of the Antichrist along with Batman, Harry Potter, Superman, Frodo,...

Bond is a type of the Antichrist along with Batman, Harry Potter, Superman, Frodo,...
Started by: godislove85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Do you agree with my interpretation, more or less? I find it hard to believe that there will only be one specific individual.

I think there will be (or has been) a specific man/woman or even institution which will be The Anti-Christ, i.e. the person who will try to totally displace Jesus Christ- people like Nero or Muhammad are often seen as historical candidates for these figures.

However I am open to the very likely possibility that the Anti-Christ will not come alone, there will be many different agents/events which contribute to his ascendency- perhaps the long line of heretics are all Anti-Christs. (Muhammad, Luther and your Joseph Smith I would all include in that list.)

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
And your is not very Catholic. BTW the antichrist is just a made up idea, so I don't really have an concept about the antichrist.

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. [1 John 2:18]

[edit] note the Wiki page on Antichrist discuss the one Antichrist and the many antichrists who will operate around him. So...my opinion is very Catholic.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 03:38 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I think there will be (or has been) a specific man/woman or even institution which will be The Anti-Christ, i.e. the person who will try to totally displace Jesus Christ- people like Nero or Muhammad are often seen as historical candidates for these figures.

However I am open to the very likely possibility that the Anti-Christ will not come alone, there will be many different agents/events which contribute to his ascendency- perhaps the long line of heretics are all Anti-Christs. (Muhammad, Luther and your Joseph Smith I would all include in that list.)

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. [1 John 2:18]

[edit] note the Wiki page on Antichrist discuss the one Antichrist and the many antichrists who will operate around him. So...my opinion is very Catholic.

But each of these are real people, not fictional characters.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 03:44 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was refering to the beast, the antichrist that is to come at revalation and create the new world order.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 04:30 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
I was refering to the beast, the antichrist that is to come at revalation and create the new world order.

laughing Wouldn't that be a person?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 04:41 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

they refer to the demon that controlls him as the beast and the combo as the anti-christ.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 08:45 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

in fact some people even think that obama is a likely candidate because he has such a wide following of people and takes such a liberal stance on everything.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 08:46 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

But each of these are real people, not fictional characters.

He said type of, he did not say they were the anti christ.

in fact some people even think that obama is a likely candidate because he has such a wide following of people and takes such a liberal stance on everything.

OK.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 12:22 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

takes such a liberal stance on everything.

not even when compared to NATO countries

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:06 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

This thread came back to life eek! messed

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:35 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Well not really, because they cannot be debated.

He is saying that he believes these people to be AntiChrists because they rob from Jesus the Glory and promise of salvation which he alone can bring.

His point is one of Christian theology.

that sounds nearly Muslim in theology

ie: No real name for allah, no drawing Mohammed, no humans having divinity because they become false idols (rob glory)

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:40 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I find it quite impossible, considering the metaphorical and symbolic nature of Revelations, that the anti-Christ is one specific person. It is more likely a reference to things like "Babylon" which was a general reference to evil people or an evil state of mind. In fact, "the anti-Christ" should be almost completely interchangeable with "Babylon."

Also, we have a scripture in our Book of Mormon that groups almost all churches into one church and it is referred to as the "great whore.' It's pretty harsh.

1 Nephi 14:10-12

"10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.
11 And it came to pass that I looked and beheld the whore of all the earth, and she sat upon many waters; and she had dominion over ball the earth, among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people.
12 And it came to pass that I beheld the church of the Lamb of God, and its numbers were few, because of the wickedness and abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters; nevertheless, I beheld that the church of the Lamb, who were the saints of God, were also upon all the face of the earth; and their dominions upon the face of the earth were small, because of the wickedness of the great whore whom I saw."

Then it goes on to talk about religion being the cause of many wars and warring contentions and masked evil.

We don't teach about that very much.

So I can see exactly why you would view any church other than the original church (don't be smart asses, you know what I mean by original) as part of the anti-Christ problem. However, in LDS defense, I would think that Mormons have exalted Christ to a holy and sacred position even more precious and holy than any other religion. We even gave Him His own full God status. We also believe he is the savior for all God's children, from all planets in our universe. If anything, we've made Christ an even more holy and exalted Redeemer.

Hmm, could that simply be a group of people...and then many groups of people? An atheist who seeks to destroy Christ as much as he or she can would be an anti-Christ to the max, wouldn't you agree?

I don't think the anti-Christ has to be pure evil, either. They could just be an average Joe. I think humans have far less influence from God or Satan than everyone thinks. I think that we are rarely tempted and rarely assisted by Satan and God, respectively.

Last edited by dadudemon on Feb 16th, 2009 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 03:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

Originally posted by godislove85
James Bond is the invention of Satan, friends, created to draw you away from worshipping Jesus, who is "fairer [more beautiful] than the sons of men." (Psalm 45:2) Bond seeks to save the world, just like the other superheroes Superman, Spider-Man, & Batman who all are types of the Antichrist (the incarnation of Satan who says "I will be like the Most High" [Isaiah 14:14]).

I have found tons of "types of the Antichrist" (i.e. people resembling in many uncommon ways the three persons of God & Satan/The Antichrist [Satan Incarnate], for instance by being worshipped all over the world in place of Jesus) throughout nature (ex. the Moon which resembles the Sun, a symbol of Jesus the "Sun of Righteousness" [Mal. 4:2]) and history
-including gods (ex. Buddha [god to some], Crishna the chief Hindu god, Confucius)
-writers/philosophers (ex. Socrates-Plato-Aristotle, Immanuel Kant, Nietzsche),
-political leaders (ex. Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Napoleon, Hitler, and apparently every US President including Obama),
-movie stars (especially ones who played God or Satan, like Willem Dafoe, Jim Carrey, & Jack Nicholson),
-heroes/villains (Batman, Spider-Man, Harry Potter, Frodo Baggins, James Bond, Superman,...),
-music stars (Elvis, Jim Morrison of the Doors, John Lennon of the Beatles,...)
-and many more.

One way you can tell that an actor is a type of the Antichrist who like the Antichrist will be is possessed by Satan: you can look at the film roles they play. The next role Daniel Craig, the James Bond star, is scheduled to play is Lucifer, another name for Satan! All of the following actors are types of the Antichrist: Jack Nicholson (who played Satan in "Witches of Eastwick"), Marlon Brando, Jim Carrey (who played God & Satan in his 13th [# of the Antichrist of Revelation 13] film role!), Brad Pitt (who played Achilles the son of a god-dess who is a type of the Antichrist, Death in "Meet Joe Black"), Tom Cruise, etc. There are very few if any actors in Hollywood who are not "servants of Satan," a name ascribed in the Bible to people possessed by Satan. "The WHOLE world lies in the power of the Wicked One." (1 John 5:19)
shut up

I got everything!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 04:47 PM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

He said type of, he did not say they were the anti christ...

They are not even a type of antichrist. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 04:52 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

There is only one Antichrist that I know of and it goes by the name of JIA big grin stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 05:05 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Again you are being deliberately selective of his points.

He is not saying don't be heroic. He is saying don't try and take away from Jesus, the glory which belongs to Jesus.

By all means be heroic, help and save people- just don't try and steal Jesus' glory by pretending to be the Salvation of Earth from all evil.

He 'believes' these characters are forms of AntiChrist because they are offering people an alternative to Jesus in forms of a Saviour.

To my knowledge, none of those characters has ever tried to replace a religious figure. So my original point stands. The article claims that they are a form of the anti-christ because they are christ-like. For your argument to be valid, they would actually have to be offering an alternative to Jesus. They are not. They're just good guys trying to save the day.

This argument could be valid, though only from a Christian perspective, and only if they were trying to offer a religious alternative to an established religion. As it stands, the original article, and your subsequent defense of it, are just silly.

Don't help people....you may be the anti-christ.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Digi on Feb 16th, 2009 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 05:12 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Digi
...Don't help people....you may be the anti-christ.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think it is more of a case of don't think about anything but Jesus. In that way of thinking, anything can be a type of antichrist. Having a beer could be a type of antichrist. Having dinner could be a type of antichrist. It is a form of extremistic thinking.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 05:53 PM
tsilamini

he might take it to an extreme that most religious people don't...

but the concept of idolatry is certainly not extreme, especially given that each one of us knows someone who would care more about Comics or movies than they do about their lord and savior

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 06:18 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

well even christians debate who/what the antichrist will be.

I believe it will be the president of the united states in some future time.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 06:49 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

well even christians debate who/what the antichrist will be.

I believe it will be the president of the united states in some future time.

Have you considered the possibility that the antichrist will not be? In other words, Could the antichrist be a propaganda tool made up by the early church?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 06:58 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Have you considered the possibility that the antichrist will not be? In other words, Could the antichrist be a propaganda tool made up by the early church?

Very possible.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 07:16 PM