KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Religion using science

Religion using science
Started by: Da Pittman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ushomefree

quote:
Posted by Da Pittman

So in my last debate got me thinking of something, I tried a post search and couldn’t find it but here it is so sorry if it is a dup thread.

So most every time I get into a debate about evolution or the Bible being true historical fact comes up with the use of science to prove how old something is. Well the part that confuses me is that when the general accepted age of the Earth is 4+ billions years old which many religious people say is wrong according to the Bible and that the science and math used to come up with that age of the Earth is wrong.

However when it comes to proving that the Arc is this old, or a flood happened her or this city is this old and so on and now the math and science is perfectly good?

Excellent thread!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 02:04 AM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

FINE. I WILL EXPLAIN.
First of all, I wanted to find how much temperature changes comparatively with the change in distance to the sun, so i needed a calculation for that.

I looked up the earth's axial tilt online and that was my angle

I looked up the diameter of the earth online and that was my hypotenuse. I completed the triangle, making a right triangle.

After this, its very simple to find out the length of the opposite side of my angle. I simply do "trigonometry" Hyp sin A=Opposite. Plug it in and use a scientific calculator with the sin function and you get the change in distance.

Now sin, cos, tan, all of those calculator functions are related to properties that describe a right triangle.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 03:13 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
FINE. I WILL EXPLAIN.
First of all, I wanted to find how much temperature changes comparatively with the change in distance to the sun, so i needed a calculation for that.

I looked up the diameter of the earth online and that was my hypotenuse. I completed the triangle, making a right triangle.

After this, its very simple to find out the length of the opposite side of my angle. I simply do "trigonometry" Hyp sin A=Opposite. Plug it in and use a scientific calculator with the sin function and you get the change in distance.

Now sin, cos, tan, all of those calculator functions are related to properties that describe a right triangle.
And how do you get a 2000 degree day out of this when every other article that I've seen posted about this talk about "hot" summers and not "melt your face off and ignite your hair" summers.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 05:23 AM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

FINE. I WILL EXPLAIN.

after having this number, i estimated how much closer to the sun the earth would be by studying the diagram of the orbit and then figured out what the ratio was on average of the temperature to miles closer to the sun. Multiply this by the estimate of 1/3 the distance to the sun, and you get your answer. Its hard to explain without actually doing the problem again.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 05:28 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

can you go here to this link and explain to them your theory and let us know what they say please.

http://www.thescienceforum.com/Astr...gy-forum-8f.php geek

Attachment: 88483-2590-deadpool_super.jpg
This has been downloaded 61 time(s).

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:13 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

no thank you. I've gone through enough hoops explaining my math to you people. If that's not enough, you can go f*** yourself.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:20 AM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

after having this number, i estimated how much closer to the sun the earth would be by studying the diagram of the orbit and then figured out what the ratio was on average of the temperature to miles closer to the sun. Multiply this by the estimate of 1/3 the distance to the sun, and you get your answer. Its hard to explain without actually doing the problem again.
However your problem doesn't account for geological changes and atmospheric conditions (if your math is even correct) which is a MAJOR piece of your problem and is one of the determining factors of the temperature on Earth. I could show that a car could drive 500 miles, but OOPS I forgot to calculate that it need gas to go. I have read several articles about this theory and not one shows or even comes close to talking about a 2000 degree day, any temperature change they talk about is more of a 20 degree variety and I'm pretty sure a 2000 would be notable. So please show us someone out there that agrees with this view that has written about this 2000 degree day based on this theory. This should be hard because I have found many articles about this in just a few minutes and if it only takes you a few minutes to do this math problem to show us "retards" then please enlighten us.

I have done the research to verify your claim and so far it is a bunch of BS.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 01:26 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Religion using science

Originally posted by Da Pittman
So in my last debate got me thinking of something, I tried a post search and couldn’t find it but here it is so sorry if it is a dup thread.

So most every time I get into a debate about evolution or the Bible being true historical fact comes up with the use of science to prove how old something is. Well the part that confuses me is that when the general accepted age of the Earth is 4+ billions years old which many religious people say is wrong according to the Bible and that the science and math used to come up with that age of the Earth is wrong.

However when it comes to proving that the Arc is this old, or a flood happened her or this city is this old and so on and now the math and science is perfectly good?

They're ****ing hypocrites that all.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 02:25 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i never understood how a person with limited knowledge of science can use science to support their religious claim, yet ignore the rest of said argument. theory or evidence. just to grasp on to the only part that seems to fit their religious believe.

numerous times, i have seen ppl qoute scientist when they state they believe in a god or call life a miracle.. they qoute the small portion of a scientist lecture as proof that scientist claim in God. igonoring the rest of the lecture qoute or even the religous or philosophical belief system of the person.

also funny how any gap in science or human knowledge, religion is ready to pounce on it with the claim if you cant explain it then it is god..missing fossil records, cellular cell make up the human genome ...ect..ect.. a few years later with science they discover certain truths and they readily slide back into the shadows without a fuss, pretending earlier religious comment that now seem foolish never were made.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 04:04 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ushomefree

quote:
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

i never understood how a person with limited knowledge of science can use science to support their religious claim, yet ignore the rest of said argument. theory or evidence. just to grasp on to the only part that seems to fit their religious believe.

numerous times, i have seen ppl qoute scientist when they state they believe in a god or call life a miracle.. they qoute the small portion of a scientist lecture as proof that scientist claim in God. igonoring the rest of the lecture qoute or even the religous or philosophical belief system of the person.

also funny how any gap in science or human knowledge, religion is ready to pounce on it with the claim if you cant explain it then it is god..missing fossil records, cellular cell make up the human genome ...ect..ect.. a few years later with science they discover certain truths and they readily slide back into the shadows without a fuss, pretending earlier religious comment that now seem foolish never were made.

Provide an example, please.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 02:21 AM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Originally posted by ushomefree
Provide an example, please.

Exhibit A

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 02:24 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

should show him the dinosaur and man clip explaining how man and dinosaurs lived together at the same time. explained supposedly by a chemist scientist a point made to somehow validate his claim.

we should shift everything to this site instead of JIA's thread.

This has been downloaded 38 time(s).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 02:40 AM
King Kandy

FINE. I WILL EXPLAIN.

I don't think you're allowed to just shave an arbitrary amount off the sun's diameter to make the adjacent form a right triangle.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 02:58 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmC4dwCcsUs

and this is how religion explains the dinosaurs and the garden of eden.. i will now take questions from the audience so long as they are not scientific in nature but religious and faith..

This has been downloaded 37 time(s).

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Jan 12th, 2009 at 03:09 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

this it?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes!!! why couldnt i embed the video? can you explain the process to me. i will rely on your scientific method and explanation rather then simply pray for it to happen.

Attachment: deadpool_philosophy.jpg
This has been downloaded 37 time(s).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:11 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

use the following tags:

[ youtube ]QmC4dwCcsUs&hl[ /youtube ]

just delete the spaces, and you're set.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

so any comments on the dino/human video?

proof or dismiss it. come on ppl give your opinion.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 05:07 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a question!

Do you have like, every Deadpool comic?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 05:38 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

no i do not have every deadpool comic, i simply enjoy posting certain scans that i find relevent or funny.

Attachment: deadpool_scooterphp.jpg
This has been downloaded 42 time(s).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 05:44 AM