KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Batman Vs. The Watchmen

Batman Vs. The Watchmen
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Batman Vs. The Watchmen

Who does Batman (Bale) stop at? He gets fully healed between each fight.

Scenario 1: H2H strickly, they all get their suits/costumes. Fight in an arena

Scenario 2: All weapons and gear they normally carry. Fight in a metropolitan city.

A) Silk Spectre
B) Comedian
C) Rorschah
D) Nite Owl
E) Ozymandias

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 05:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tommy Jarvis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman would get his ass kicked, pure and simple. I don't know why Ozymandias is on the list. If the guy can catch and dodge bullets, nothing Batman throws is getting near him.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 06:03 PM
Tommy Jarvis is currently offline Click here to Send Tommy Jarvis a Private Message Find more posts by Tommy Jarvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tommy Jarvis
Batman would get his ass kicked, pure and simple. I don't know why Ozymandias is on the list. If the guy can catch and dodge bullets, nothing Batman throws is getting near him.

Maybe that's why he's LAST on the list and not first?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 06:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Re: Batman Vs. The Watchmen

Originally posted by Robtard
Who does Batman (Bale) stop at? He gets fully healed between each fight.

Scenario 1: H2H strickly, they all get their suits/costumes. Fight in an arena

Scenario 2: All weapons and gear they normally carry. Fight in a metropolitan city.

A) Silk Spectre
B) Comedian
C) Rorschah
D) Nite Owl
E) Ozymandias
Scenario 1: If the Comedian is in his prime, he takes Batman fairly easily, I'm surprised to say. His opening fight has him punching holes through sheet rock and getting slammed through kitchen counters and glass tables. He does better against [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ozymandias alone than two other heroes on this list do together.

And that's at sixty-seven.

Scenario 2: Same deal.

You should probably switch the placing of Comedian and Nite Owl.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 06:18 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Batman Vs. The Watchmen

Originally posted by Vengeful Koala
You should probably switch the placing of Comedian and Nite Owl.

Good point. Done.

A) Silk Spectre
B) Nite Owl
C) Rorschah
D) Comedian
E) Ozymandias

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 06:55 PM
Dr Will Hatch

H2H-Batman loses against all of them except maybe Nite Owl and Rorschach(Bruce is too smart to give Rorschach any field advantages). There's no way your convincing me those people were only human.

With Prep-I think Batman could clear it actually. He showed a lot of his vaunted detective skills in the films and designed the massive sonar device in TDK all by himself, an engineering feat. He could keep up with Comedians weapons with the stuff in his tumbler and bat pod, and I think Ozymandias is beatable. Hell, with enough time Bats could neutralize Dr Manhattan.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 01:04 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Hell, with enough time Bats could neutralize Dr Manhattan.
erm

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 03:42 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
H2H-Batman loses against all of them except maybe Nite Owl and Rorschach (Bruce is too smart to give Rorschach any field advantages).
Yet Silk Spectre could take him? No.

quote:
There's no way your convincing me those people were only human.
Tough.

quote:
With Prep-I think Batman could clear it actually. He showed a lot of his vaunted detective skills in the films and designed the massive sonar device in TDK all by himself, an engineering feat.
No. That was Lucius. He simply applied it on larger scale (still have no idea how).

quote:
He could keep up with Comedians weapons with the stuff in his tumbler and bat pod, and I think Ozymandias is beatable.
You clearly haven't watched Watchmen.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 04:08 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

spite, there is no possible way Batman wins

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 04:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Hmm...

I would put Silk Spectre, Owl, and Batman on similar levels. However, those two have better "fight" feats as far as strength goes. They all three handled street peeps like they were nothing, however, the strength is strongly in favor of SS and Owl. They were kicking people many feet, UP into the air and breaking bones like it was nothing. That does not happen with either of the Bale Batman movies....however, there is that part where Bale basically curls Ducard, one handed, off the side of the cliff. I was like, "holy f*ck" because that would take a lot of strength and it looked like he did it for real.

That said, I think Batman has the intelligence advantage.

Owl's googles and pretty much all technology are much better than batman's sonar "vision".

I can't really see Batman winning against Silk with a comfortable margin. It's possible he would even lose.

Depends...I need to see more arguments to decide if he can make it past the first person.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 04:42 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Everyone in the movie was freakishly tough, the Comedian f**king broke his concrete wall like it was nothing. The Silk Spectre and Nite Owl gave a street gang one of the worst beatings I've ever seen in a movie. Batman is very strong and a brilliant fighter, but he's no metahuman. It would come down to his tactical mind in a fight situation. He would have to use stealth and the location to his advantage, and I suppose with the best of luck he could make it to Comedian.

In a prep situation, I think he would beat all of them. Ozymandias is the smartest person in his world, Bruce is on the same level as his and is probably more resourcful and strongwilled. Batman would have discovered his plot long before Rorschach and prevent anyone from dying.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 04:50 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
In a prep situation, I think he would beat all of them. Ozymandias is the smartest person in his world, Bruce is on the same level as his and is probably more resourcful and strongwilled.
Bruce is never presented as a genius of any sort. He's intelligent and extremely well-versed in the facets of crimefighting, sure, but that's it. Ozymandias is Batman on steroids. Far smarter, stronger, faster, and probably richer, too. He notes that he could buy up an entire group of corporations three times over at one point in the movie, notes again that he spent two billion in the final act, and has merchandising products in his likeness alone worth a billion dollars.

And more resources? Again, watch the movie or read the novel [or at least a summary] before commenting.

quote:
Batman would have discovered his plot long before Rorschach and prevent anyone from dying.
No.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 05:04 AM
NemeBro

H2H, he loses to all of them. Even Silk Spectre showed ridiculous fighting prowess and superhuman(what the Watchmen did, is NOT possible by human standards) attributes which Bruce cannot fvck with.

All weapons and gear they carry, Nite-Owl shoots him with a laza.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 07:32 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
H2H, he loses to all of them. Even Silk Spectre showed ridiculous fighting prowess and superhuman(what the Watchmen did, is NOT possible by human standards) attributes which Bruce cannot fvck with.

All weapons and gear they carry, Nite-Owl shoots him with a laza.

Are you factoring in two important things?

1) The bat-suit provides a high level of protection.
2) Compare who Batman fought h2h Vs. who the others fought h2h with. I'd wager the LOS ninjas are more skilled than those street-goons and butt****ing-inmates. Just a thought.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 06:56 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
Are you factoring in two important things?

1) The bat-suit provides a high level of protection.
2) Compare who Batman fought h2h Vs. who the others fought h2h with. I'd wager the LOS ninjas are more skilled than those street-goons and butt****ing-inmates. Just a thought.
1. So does everyone else's suit but Rorschach's and Silk Spectre's.

2. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Well Ozymandias destroyed Rorschach and Nite-Owl almost casually, and Comedian at age 67, far out of his prime, did better alone against him than they did together. Rorschach took on several Swat Team members, defeating like a dozen I think, and although Batman is very skilled in his own right, he has not shown the nigh(at the lowest) superhuman attributes of the Watchmen, nor has he shown the brutal efficiency at defeating large numbers of foes.

Batman, despite his skill, can and has had trouble with people of far lesser skill, Joker, although being a good fighter in his own right, is nothing to the Watchmen, and him along with like 2 other henchmen managed to give Batman some trouble.

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 8th, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 07:21 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Use spoiler tags, man. You may have just given away the plot.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 07:53 PM
NemeBro

Shit you're right.

Do not read that to anyone who has not seen the movie or read the comic.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 08:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think you're a little too late. Luckily I watched the movie tonight and I would say that all of the Watchmen could take him, though the suit would be trouble and might give him a few majorities.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 11:42 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fixed the spoiler tags.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 11:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Are they actually called "The Watchmen" in the movie? sad

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 12:26 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote