KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Batman Vs. The Watchmen

Batman Vs. The Watchmen
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Are they actually called "The Watchmen" in the movie? sad

No.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 12:42 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Impediment
No.

Good, good.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 12:45 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Lol, indeed, that would kinda suck.

To be more accurate, this team should be called The Crimebusters.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 02:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

F*ck you idiots who come in here wanting spoiler tags. no expression

You don't belong in here unless you've seen at least three movies:

The Watchmen

Batman: Batman Begins

Batman: The Dark Knight

If you haven't seen all three of those films, literally GTFO out of this thread if you don't want any spoilers. no expression It's not hard.

"Liek, I don't wanna see spoilers for The Watchmen, so I'll clikc on the batman vs. Watchmen. WTF? I think there's spoilers in here! mad You a**holes! mad How DARE you! mad "

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
12. Well Ozymandias destroyed Rorschach and Nite-Owl almost casually,

Sad, really. I was hoping that they'd do better. However, Adrian is supposed to, basically, personify human perfection of mind and body. (I am probably getting that from the comics...as I don't really remember anything about that beyond "he's the world's smartest man.")

and Comedian at age 67, far out of his prime, did better alone against him than they did together.

You didn't give very much away, there, as that is in the previews. We see the Comedian getting thrown about and thrown out the window in the previews. We just don't know by whom until the end.

Rorschach took on several Swat Team members, defeating like a dozen I think,

Indeed. He fought them when they had automatics, at point blank range. I just played the "door opening" scene back and I saw 5 that were actually up the stairs and at least one on the stairs in view. This is minus the one that used the hammer thing to open the door.

and although Batman is very skilled in his own right, he has not shown the nigh(at the lowest) superhuman attributes of the Watchmen, nor has he shown the brutal efficiency at defeating large numbers of foes.

I wouldn't say superhuman, but he certainly showed close to peak human by curling Liam Nieson's 200+ body up the side of the cliff...one armed. no expression I don't think that you understand how "peak human" that is until you find someone who can curl 200+ lbs on one arm, just a tad. There may not a man exist who can do that. I've seen 100lb dumbells curled. Even 275 curled an an olympic straight bar. But I've never seen anyone come close to 200 lbs each arm.

Batman, from the movies, is almost peak human in every way.

Also, Batman DID fight large groups of criminals in Batman Begins. It was like this when all the people on that island were driven mad from the drugs. Tons of criminals got out.

, despite his skill, can and has had trouble with people of far lesser skill, Joker, although being a good fighter in his own right, is nothing to the Watchmen, and him along with like 2 other henchmen managed to give Batman some trouble.

The Joker is no p*ssy by any stretch of the imagination. His fighting feats put him up there. He took out that big black body guard with a pencil to the eye. He got out of his holding cell after getting beat the eff up by batman. (He tricked that cop by teasing him.)

And he took on a Batman in his suite and fought him almost to a stand still. Batman's gadgets saved him. The dogs were to Jokers advantage, though. And Batman's "vision" thingie didn't help either. But still....the joker fought him without the armor. no expression

Last edited by dadudemon on Mar 9th, 2009 at 06:26 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 06:21 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

They actually are called the watchmen in the movie.

Also, Ozymandias would rape Bale's Batman.

Sig by Scribble

Last edited by Quincy on Mar 9th, 2009 at 02:03 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 01:51 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

But the movie, at least, is called Watchmen, not the Watchmen...dumb dadudemon!!!!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 02:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by dadudemon
The Joker is no p*ssy by any stretch of the imagination. His fighting feats put him up there. He took out that big black body guard with a pencil to the eye. He got out of his holding cell after getting beat the eff up by batman. (He tricked that cop by teasing him.)

And he took on a Batman in his suite and fought him almost to a stand still. Batman's gadgets saved him. The dogs were to Jokers advantage, though. And Batman's "vision" thingie didn't help either. But still....the joker fought him without the armor. no expression

haha yes he is dude. What fighting feats does he have in that movie?

He took out a guy with a pencil in the eye. "Surprise! Grabbed ya! I'm a formidable warrior - don't mess with me!"

The getting beat up thing and getting out of his cell is not a fighting feat. He grabbed a piece of broken glass and took a hostage. I see no fighting skill there.

And in the Suite, Joker got his ass handed to him, thrown backwards and only came to a "standstill" when he once again took another hostage. Oh man what brilliant fighting strategy!

And in the climax of their battle, Batman was BLIND! Come on! Didn't Joker like beat him up with a pipe? Cool.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 03:22 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Quincy

And in the climax of their battle, Batman was BLIND! Come on! Didn't Joker like beat him up with a pipe? Cool.

a pipe and three large dogs

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 03:27 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Re: Re: Re: Batman Vs. The Watchmen

Originally posted by Robtard
Good point. Done.

A) Silk Spectre
B) Nite Owl
C) Rorschah
D) Comedian
E) Ozymandias

i think night owl would be harder to beat then rorschach.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 01:52 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Batman would have a hard time getting past 1. No way he even gets close to clearing it.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 02:27 AM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I can't see Batman beating anyone on the list.

Silk Spectre seemed equal to Night Owl. And Rorshach, while not as strict of a martial artist as those two, doesn't make him any less of a fighter. Comedian was out of costume when he punched through those concrete walls. He was in a freaking bath robe! He has his gear here along with his guns. Same goes for Nite Owl who just might shred Batman with his laser. I won't even comment on Ozymandias.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 03:05 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Batman barely manages to knock out Silk Spectre II, but fails at all the rest. Benny watches from afar and makes short, raping time of all of them.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 07:19 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Nah, I don't even think he can beat Laurie.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 04:51 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I rewatched both. I'm still not convinced Batman could lose with prep time.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 12:16 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

He's not that impressive, Fox does most of his stuff.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 12:21 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Nah, I don't even think he can beat Laurie.

Yeah I know what you mean, she was quite powerful.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 12:36 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Darth Martin
He's not that impressive, Fox does most of his stuff.
Bats learns quick. He applied the sonar concept on a massive scale in a short amount of time.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 07:38 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote