KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Here's the deal.

Here's the deal.
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Considering that spam is off-topic advertising or repeatedly posting over and over with no purpose...no. The forum's not spam. The 1 million post thread basically is nothing but spam, though.

Also, most people seem to have the idea that "they disagreed with me" is trolling which...isn't true.
Everyone talks together in the thread, why do you want to ruin our fun?

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:11 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by StanTheMan
Well if you view it like that then maybe it shows that certain mods are getting a little too excited about locking threads and should maybe take a step back and think for themselves? OTF lives off trolling and the spam around it, that's what it is, it just makes no sense that all of this is happening now

And I understand that if it affects someone, then yes mods should deal with that and I agree with that, but the whole thing that set it off, washy and rog swearing at eachother, was affecting no one as people are swearing constantly in that thread at least

The OTF does not live off of trolling and spam, and I can't believe anyone would be so foolish as to claim that. There really is only one 'spam' thread in the forum - and the OTF lived for a good long time before that was created.

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
Basic logic lesson:

Syllogism:
Major premise: All spam is off topic
Minor premise: There is an off topic forum
Conclusion: That forum must have spam in it.

INVALID. Why? The mod said so.

Your 'conclusion' is wrong, because the OTF is still bound to KMC forum rules.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Basic logic lesson:

Syllogism:

Invalid because you are wrong, more likely.

Spam is off-topic, yes. But it is not the same as off-topic discussion. The latter is people interacting. The former is people screwing around to boost post count and/or advertising.

REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

its like elementary all over again

TGFwashere

Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StanTheMan
_________

Originally posted by lord xyz
Not directly at the mods.

Really, flaming a mod is stupid. Even though, the actual post is simply ignoring warnings, and misunderstanding the situation...which made no ****ing sense, you can't say stuff like this happens all the time, because it hasn't.

I'm not talking about the trolling to the mods though, or anyone for that matter, if it's directed at someone with hostile intent then yeah whatever action should be taken, but that doesn't usually happen, I mean Washy wasn't hostile at all, if anyone knows him on this forum, and most do, it'd be a surprise to think Washy was being hostile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:13 AM
StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It is.

People act like children, they get treated as such.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Principal backfire over here

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:14 AM
BackFire

Key difference. My principal never raped children.

Or women for that matter.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Thats getting old now.

TGFwashere

StanTheMan
_________

Originally posted by Peach
The OTF does not live off of trolling and spam, and I can't believe anyone would be so foolish as to claim that. There really is only one 'spam' thread in the forum - and the OTF lived for a good long time before that was created.

Well that 'spam' thread was still there, and was a big part of the OTF, I don't know about every other thread being squeaky in the OTF but I guess everyone interprets things differently

Last edited by StanTheMan on Apr 1st, 2009 at 12:21 AM

StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Thats getting old now.

Not for me it's not.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:16 AM
mitchum
Restricted

Account Restricted

All this because Walshy got banned? Who the **** gives a shit about Walshy? No one, that's who.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:16 AM
mitchum is currently offline Click here to Send mitchum a Private Message Find more posts by mitchum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I dont know why it wasnt a perma ban

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:17 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Thats getting old now.
spoilsport

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:19 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Strangelove
spoilsport
homosexual

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:20 AM
Dyno
Authority

Basic logic lesson:

Syllogism:

hahaha. love u big grin

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:20 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

homosexual
got me there

And you're cute no expression

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:21 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

This thread has served its purpose to warn what will happen if things continue go unchanged in the 1mil thread. If you have any further questions or complaints, PM the mods.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:22 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote