KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Monkey D. Luffy Versus Samurai Jack

Monkey D. Luffy Versus Samurai Jack
Started by: XanatosForever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
It can cut anything, but if he doesn't have the strength to cut through it, then it's meaningless. Adamantium can cut through anything, but Logan can't, since he's not strong enough to generate enough force to cut through anything.

Speaking of Admantium, Jack has cut through it. It's not a matter of arm strength, other things act like butter under his sword, requiring no strength to cut.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 04:03 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Now that I think about it, Jack can't even use his sword against those who aren't evil. So he'll have to go hand to hand with Luffy.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 04:15 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Now that I think about it, Jack can't even use his sword against those who aren't evil. So he'll have to go hand to hand with Luffy.

That's been very inconsistent. Aku couldn't hurt Jack with the sword, but Jack used it to kill that viking trapped in stone who was a legendary hero. I think it cut Scotsman as well.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 05:14 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
strifex6

Jack FTW

Old Post May 15th, 2009 08:48 AM
strifex6 is currently offline Click here to Send strifex6 a Private Message Find more posts by strifex6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm sorry, should I have specified that this wasn't to the death? I figured the scenario made it fairly clear that it's a scuffle based on misunderstanding. I can't imagine Luffy actually slaughtering some guy for ruining his lunch. erm

In any case, yeah, this is pretty much TKO.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 15th, 2009 03:48 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Luffy was trapped between two buildings, and pushed them away from him.

He ripped the front end off of a ship.

Luffy routinely blocks, anticipates, and dodges attacks that are too fast to see, or he shouldn't be able to see.

When he uses his Gear 2nd, his attacks happen so fast, they produce sonic booms.

And before he got the gears, he was fighting Kuro, whose Shakushi is about the same speed as Soru. With Gear 2nd, he overcame that speed, moving faster than Lucci.

Gear 3rd makes his body parts so big and hard, Jack won't have the strength to cut through it, or dodge the hit.
1. Not as heavy as 700 tons.

2. See above.

3. K. Jack actually moves that fast consistently throughout the show, killing large groups of bounty-hunters before they can fire their weapons.

4. Not as fast as you may think sir.

5. He was barely able to react to Kuro, who was still much faster than Luffy. And Soru/Gear Second have not been proven to be as fast as Jack.

6. Right, because size is clearly a problem because he fights gargantuan enemies all the time, and density is clearly a problem, because he cut right through Adamantium.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 01:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Don't forget, Jack survived earth re-entry unprotected.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 01:46 AM
NemeBro

Said that already.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 01:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Jack would win, he is faster going by feats and his sword could cut Luffy (it cannot be wielded by evil people but it can cut good people).

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 16th, 2009 01:59 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Jack would win, he is faster going by feats and his sword could cut Luffy (it cannot be wielded by evil people but it can cut good people).

Is that the stipulation on his weapon? Good to know. Thanks, Mike.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 08:10 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Endless Mike

This is more correct.

It's not that Jack couldn't be cut by tye sword, it that Aku couldn't cut Jack with the sword. Read that a few times, guys, and it will make more sense.

Also, he killed that Viking for a good reason. I don't see why it wouldn't allow him to do something good with his sword.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 09:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Also when that "mad jack" was created it's sword (which was the same as his) could cut him, even though it was evil and he was good. Which is why i'm inclined to say that time it didn't work was just a one-off plot device.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 10:55 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by King Kandy
Also when that "mad jack" was created it's sword (which was the same as his) could cut him, even though it was evil and he was good. Which is why i'm inclined to say that time it didn't work was just a one-off plot device.

Actually, "Mad Jack" was born from Jack's rage, and the catalyst was Jack's sandal. More likely, the "Mad Jack's" sword was carbon copy. He wielded it because he was an extension of Jack.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 11:09 PM
King Kandy

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Actually, "Mad Jack" was born from Jack's rage, and the catalyst was Jack's sandal. More likely, the "Mad Jack's" sword was carbon copy. He wielded it because he was an extension of Jack.

And that changes something? I know who mad Jack is, I've seen the episode. He could hurt Jack with a copy of his sword, which provides more proof the sword can hurt good people.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 11:44 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

With an evil copy, Mad Jack was an evil copy of Jack, just as the sword was a corrupted version of Jacks blade.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 11:48 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is more correct.

It's not that Jack couldn't be cut by tye sword, it that Aku couldn't cut Jack with the sword. Read that a few times, guys, and it will make more sense.

Also, he killed that Viking for a good reason. I don't see why it wouldn't allow him to do something good with his sword.

Holy shit, guys. Sorry about all of those atrocious typos.

Lemme retype it:

"It's not that Jack couldn't be cut by the sword, it's that Aku couldn't cut Jack with the sword."

I am using a wirless keyboard and I'm sitting several feet back form the monitor so I can't see when I make a typo or when the keyboard starts skipping characters.

Edit: Notice above how it missed the "e" in "wireless". DOH!

This is...not perfectly accurate.

The sword was by no means the same as Jack's sword.

In fact, that Jack was very much a metaphor. "Conquering inner demons." was the point of that episode. However, he was "real". Hard for me really put how it was. The "sword" used by Evil Jack was not an exact replica. As Jack became more enraged, so did evil jack. Best way I can describe it is comparing it to Ichigo's inner hallow, except it was real.

Last edited by dadudemon on May 18th, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Old Post May 18th, 2009 12:19 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Er, it was the same. "Mad Jack" was just Jack, except... mad. And was created by Aku. Physically the two were the same.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 01:26 AM
dadudemon

Er, it was the same. "Mad Jack" was just Jack, except... mad. And was created by Aku. Physically the two were the same.

So, you're saying that Aku could create a sword as powerful as Jack's, huh? So why didn't he do so from the beginning?

smile

Old Post May 18th, 2009 01:31 AM
NemeBro

Indeed.

Hell, Jack's sword was created by three beings who defeated Aku.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 01:37 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Mad Jack was as strong as Jack, because he was Jack.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 01:37 AM