KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gladiator vs Beta Ray Bill

Gladiator vs Beta Ray Bill
Started by: Nihilist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Horrificus

I like that Bill is finally getting the respect he deserves around here.

He is a very dangerous character and has not been diluted by Marvel yet.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 01:36 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Bump

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:10 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

still bill.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:16 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Bill.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:24 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
BRB did more to Thanos than Glads ever did. The fact that Thanos didn't really expect to get his throne bashed in shows that he didn't really rank their strengths correctly.

You're going to have to ask yourself the question: who is more dangerous? The guy who at least managed to score an effective hit or the guy that got one panelled away?

What exactly does the BRB/Kid Nova fight prove? He sucker shotted an unaware/unagressive BRB and didn't really inflict any damage. And BRB/Thor aren't even known for their durability but for their damage soak.

Nice, using the fight with a noob Nova Prime where most of the power was still with Ego-Corrupted Wordlmind.

Lowballing is silly as it can be done both ways. Like bringing in that Glads got hurt by Wolverine or Gambit.

Character statement is garbage unless you have actual "feats" to back it up. Powerscaling is an undependable medium prone to errors and biased interpretations. You want a fair and solid comparison, bring in his best fights and use the "feats" shown there...

With that , I submit BRB vs Stardust in Godhunter.

What fight do you want to bring in?

If he wanted too, he could've ported Bill away. Bill destroying his chair meant nothing, especially when we see Thanos massacring him afterwards...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647453/4.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647454/5.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647455/6.jpg.html

It was a beat down and even after measuring ALL of the Annihilators, Thanos still didn't want a piece of Gladiator (even though he probably would've beaten him. Who knows).

(please log in to view the image) [/B]

There comes a time when you ignore statements but this sure as hell isn't one of those times. Like I've said, seems 'obvious' to me what the writer was throwing at us.

I already brought up a fight for Gladiator. Gladiator also temp killed Hyperion.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:26 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by carver9
If he wanted too, he could've ported Bill away. Bill destroying his chair meant nothing, especially when we see Thanos massacring him afterwards...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647453/4.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647454/5.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647455/6.jpg.html

It was a beat down and even after measuring ALL of the Annihilators, Thanos still didn't want a piece of Gladiator (even though he probably would've beaten him. Who knows).

(please log in to view the image)

There comes a time when you ignore statements but this sure as hell isn't one of those times. Like I've said, seems 'obvious' to me what the writer was throwing at us.

I already brought up a fight for Gladiator. Gladiator also temp killed Hyperion. [/B]

Gladiator did absolutely nothing in this fight and you seem to want to adhere to character statements like they are some sort of undeniable proof. For all we know he was just grossly overestimating Gladiator. The writer probably didn't know where to "place" Gladiator and took the easy way out and left it ambiguous. You have no proof here. Just speculation.

And what "feats" does this Hyperion have? Granted the fight was pretty impressive in the speed department,

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:43 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Gladiator did absolutely nothing in this fight and you seem to want to adhere to character statements like they are some sort of undeniable proof. For all we know he was just grossly overestimating Gladiator. The writer probably didn't know where to "place" Gladiator and took the easy way out and left it ambiguous. You have no proof here. Just speculation.

And what "feats" does this Hyperion have? Granted the fight was pretty impressive in the speed department,

Lol...the book explained why Gladiator did nothing. Don't know why we are ignoring this. Thanos overestimating someone? Highly doubt it.

Killed Wonderman while ramming him through a planet into a nearby sun and making said sun go Nova.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Lol...the book explained why Gladiator did nothing. Don't know why we are ignoring this. Thanos overestimating someone? Highly doubt it.

Killed Wonderman while ramming him through a planet into a nearby sun and making said sun go Nova.

Glad we agree that he did nothing. thumb up

And that you base your entire argument on a baseless character statement. thumb up

We ignore it because all statements are speculative unless corroborated by solid evidence ("feats").

Svans of Wonderman fight.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:07 PM
carver9

Glad we agree that he did nothing. thumb up

And that you base your entire argument on a baseless character statement. thumb up

We ignore it because all statements are speculative unless corroborated by solid evidence ("feats").

Svans of Wonderman fight.

He was the most dangerous, so Thanos got rid of him while taking pleasure in slaughtering Bill who destroyed his chair.

Looking at fts as well, Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more durable.

This happened during the time Wonderman was top tier (you can also tell by the planetoid shaking during their fight).

Hyperion breaks Wonderman arm and ribs in a single hit.

Wonderman dying.

Wonderman was then resurrected by the elders of the universe. Now what has Stardust done?

Last edited by carver9 on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:19 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

[/B]

Awesome scan

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:25 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Awesome scan

thumb up

What did you get from that scan by reading it?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:33 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, tbf, that was a different version of hyperion (and we know hyperion's DO tend to vary in power: see exiles) and the version of hype that glads went against was unused to combat with someone approaching his own power. glads and hype were expressly said to be veritable equals in power.

and we know that glads is very impressed with bill's power:

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/212...283817.jpg.html

in light of starlin's recent work (especially that ABOMINABLE hulk/thanos series) i don't think anything can really be taken from that thanos scan at all. cool moment for glads, but in terms of greater meaning, i'd let it go.

it would be a cool battle, and i've begun to look at glads a little differently than i used to, but i'd still take bill.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have not read that issue, but either Thanos and Adam just ****ed them all up, or someone else came in and fcked them all up with Thanos and him left standing wondering how to retaliate.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:36 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Yeah, that Hyperion is a replica of the real deal but he is a direct copy though and the good Hype killed that version of Hyperion. I always thought of them as one of the same.

Of course he is impressed by Bills power, who wouldn't be but I think the comparison Thanos made vs Gladiator being impressed by Bill is different.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:46 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by leonidas
well, tbf, that was a different version of hyperion (and we know hyperion's DO tend to vary in power: see exiles) and the version of hype that glads went against was unused to combat with someone approaching his own power. glads and hype were expressly said to be veritable equals in power.

and we know that glads is very impressed with bill's power:

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/212...283817.jpg.html

in light of starlin's recent work (especially that ABOMINABLE hulk/thanos series) i don't think anything can really be taken from that thanos scan at all. cool moment for glads, but in terms of greater meaning, i'd let it go.

it would be a cool battle, and i've begun to look at glads a little differently than i used to, but i'd still take bill.

To be fair that storm is very striking. Like if one of us were to see that I'm sure we'd be amazed. Much like when we see Aurora Borealis or an eclipse or something. It is a sight to behold.

I don't know if it was admitting a power level more than he was just expressing impression at what he had seen.

(I may have misunderstood your point though)

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:48 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

no, i think you got the point. even surfer seemed momentarily awed by the power bill could summon. i don't mean to say glads was shaking in his boots, but i certainly think that display of power impressed the sh!t out of him. i think bill has a greater scope of power to call upon and has an answer for pretty well everything glads can throw at him save maybe speed. bill actually has some pretty good speed feats himself though. i can't think of any great absorption feats off the top of my head but i'm sure he has some. galan may know since he did the respect thread.

anyway, close fight--fun fight for sure--but bill takes a majority here imo. i can't believe they haven't had a crazy brawl yet tbh....

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:53 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by leonidas
no, i think you got the point. even surfer seemed momentarily awed by the power bill could summon. i don't mean to say glads was shaking in his boots, but i certainly think that display of power impressed the sh!t out of him. i think bill has a greater scope of power to call upon and has an answer for pretty well everything glads can throw at him save maybe speed. bill actually has some pretty good speed feats himself though. i can't think of any great absorption feats off the top of my head but i'm sure he has some. galan may know since he did the respect thread.

anyway, close fight--fun fight for sure--but bill takes a majority here imo. i can't believe they haven't had a crazy brawl yet tbh....

Ah okay that's good, was thinking I'd missed the point,

Yeah Glads did look impressed.

My opinion with Glads is he's a character that theoretically could be a crazy high level top tier if he followed what was described of him. I think he is still very impressive with the feats he has (I mean he has some nice stuff in his locker) but Marvel have made him a joke compared to what he could be.

He could be a top of the top if he was written to his abilities. It's a shame because he's one of my favourite characters.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:58 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Hyperion only made a solar flare when he sun rammed Wonder Man.

I can't believe Carver is still using that scene to try and prove Gladiator means anything to Thanos.

Here's a hot button tip:

If you ignore absolutely everything a character has done and then exaggerate every high end feat, and only really go off hyperbole, then your character is unbeatable. I await the day we debate on the legitimacy of Gladiator's hype from his son when he was getting shit pushed by the P5, over actual feats.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 07:00 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Hyperion actually died in that solar flare. Surfer took on Korvac in the very same comic.

Funny how that works, right Carver?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 07:09 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Hyperion only made a solar flare when he sun rammed Wonder Man.

I can't believe Carver is still using that scene to try and prove Gladiator means anything to Thanos.

Here's a hot button tip:

If you ignore absolutely everything a character has done and then exaggerate every high end feat, and only really go off hyperbole, then your character is unbeatable.

uh-huh. pretty much sums up glads' problem for years. thumb up

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 07:39 PM