KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Some people say that watching this movie is like staring into a retarded sun.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

For all the negative flack, I can't see why anyone thinks this is Bay's worst film, after watching Bad Boys II on the weekend. sick
It's the cinematic equivalent of a blow up sex doll. thumb down
Transformers 2 actually entertained me, as a Transformers fan.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 04:13 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

When you look into the sun, it blinds you.
I believe that he means that its so brain dead, that it is such a powerfully dumb picture, that it leaves the audience either bored or with a lowered IQ when they look at it.

Those who dont want their IQs insulted, look away or wear shades. stick out tongue

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 01:04 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
When you look into the sun, it blinds you.
I believe that he means that its so brain dead, that it is such a powerfully dumb picture, that it leaves the audience either bored or with a lowered IQ when they look at it.

Those who dont want their IQs insulted, look away or wear shades. stick out tongue

Yeah, but a retarded sun? Not very many suns close by and the fact that ours is mentally retarded, well, yeah...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 09:17 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Its a metaphor.

But it now that you mention it, it was a bit slow in getting out of the way of those asteroid collisions in '06..... stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:09 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Haha! Gotta love our sun though, when it pops, we all go with it.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 03:02 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

In my edited version, which by the way is 1hr 40min long, i took out most of the stupid parts. for example, they are in egypt and stay there, there is none of this going to jordan and dropping optimus there, then all of a sudden they are beside the pyramids again. there are no hover crafts landing. the last time you see sam's parents is when they drop him off at school. devastator isn't even in it. you don't see simmons ass, and the last time you see him and leo is when sam leaves them in the desert. i also removed the fact that the transformers are a secret.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 04:07 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Why couldn't the film have had more stuff like the Shanghai battle and Forest fight? That's what I wanted to see. Not all the other BS. How come Prime and Bee are the only Autobots who ever get any action. I'd love to see Ironhide and Ratchet get there moments.

Another thing that I failed to notice until a few views on the DVD. The animation is very poor here compared to the first. In the Forest fight when Prime rips off Starscream's arm and beats him with it. It looks overbearingly fake. There's another cheap scene when Fallen and Prime are duking it out. And when Demolishor is running over cars in the street before Epps calls in for Prime's support it looks too fake. I may be complaining but I don't recall there ever being a scene looking as bad as the above three in the first film.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 01:17 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well that just confirms the official failly shitness of the movie, Darth Martin... well observed.

To critics who were fans of G1, they say:
"Oh chilllll out! Enjoy instead the effects driven jaw droppingness that only Michael Bay can bring"..

Then you realise that lot of the flash stuff is shit, then what are you left with...?

Sounds like your version is coming along nicely, DM1....

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 02:29 PM
darthmaul1

Thanks, it is actually watchable now, I also removed the disolving matrix, I even took out sam going to "autobot heaven" or whatever the hell that was.
He gets blown up, lands and in the next shot he is getting up with the matrix in hand, there was none of the 3min of crap trying to revive him with mikala screaming i love you.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:20 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Thanks, it is actually watchable now, I also removed the disolving matrix, I even took out sam going to "autobot heaven" or whatever the hell that was.
He gets blown up, lands and in the next shot he is getting up with the matrix in hand, there was none of the 3min of crap trying to revive him with mikala screaming i love you.

That's very nice.
I actually enjoy the film the way it is. big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 04:00 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnyblame

Hi..
I have seen both the part of Transformers... Its really good one looks vise you can say graphics portion with all sound system and resolution... also with that Robotics part.... Thanks for sharing the information...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:47 AM
johnnyblame is currently offline Click here to Send johnnyblame a Private Message Find more posts by johnnyblame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So Transformers 2 did'nt rock for James Cameron

quote:
he thought "Star Trek" absolutely rocked but "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," well, uh, not so much

I’ll go to a “Transformers” film for the fun of seeing the spectacle but, personally, my soul craves a little more story, a little more meat on the bone and characters and that sort of thing. Look, I think it's about finding a balance between story and all of this gimmickry

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 12:52 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

That's interesting, but i wonder how avatar will do?
it could turn out to be water world suckage?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 05:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why would you say that ?..............when you look at the othe films he has made.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 05:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

*Cough*Solaris*Cough*

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 11:23 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well he was only the producer on that one

Steven Soderbergh was in tha directors chair for that one.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 12:12 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

He still aided, abetted and endorsed it.

Its like Steven "Big G1 fan" Spielberg on Transformers, and the tragedy
associated with it.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 12:32 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Cough*Solaris*Cough*

Something wrong with Solaris? Were you expecting a mind-numbing action movie?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 04:37 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

He still aided, abetted and endorsed it.

Its like Steven "Big G1 fan" Spielberg on Transformers, and the tragedy
associated with it.

Yeah but it's the director that holds the horse by the bit and contols were it goes.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 04:40 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by jayce78
Something wrong with Solaris? Were you expecting a mind-numbing action movie?

Just thought it to be sub par for a James Cameron credited movie is all...... smile

Hear you about mind numbing action movies though.
(Even though slow paced emotional drama can be similarly labotomizing)

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Nov 17th, 2009 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 06:49 PM