KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ExodusCloak

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Russel will rip his head off and punt into into the sun. ಠ_ಠ

Interesting, I always wondered what would happen if they did that. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: According to the book the Originals could only be killed with a stake made from wood from a special tree. Klaus couldn't be killed though.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 11:28 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Russel will rip his head off and punt into into the sun. ಠ_ಠ

But he can compel other non-original vampires, thats awesome. He'd just tell Russell to kill himself. Russell seems stronger and a heck of a lot faster though.

Well, Elijah vs Northman would be a closer match even without using compulsion.

I like the term compulsion too, its way better than "glamoring" lol.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 12:47 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Russel would probably be considered an original.

He's likely older than Elijah.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 12:53 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Russel would probably be considered an original.

He's likely older than Elijah.

Well, age has nothing to do with it though. Elijah has special powers because he is literally one of the originals, in the books, he was never a human. Russell though old (I would guess he is older than Elijah too), was not amongst the originals even in the TB universe.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 01:01 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Placidity
Well, age has nothing to do with it though. Elijah has special powers because he is literally one of the originals, in the books, he was never a human. Russell though old (I would guess he is older than Elijah too), was not amongst the originals even in the TB universe.
In the books.

Also, while not much is known about Russel, he is the oldest known vamp and could be one of the originals in the TB universe.

We are talking about the tv show.

Last edited by Mindset on Nov 13th, 2010 at 01:15 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 01:06 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

In the books.

Also, while not much is known about Russel, he is the oldest known vamp and could be one of the originals in the TB universe.

We are talking about the tv show.

Well, if you are going to play like that, then I'll just say we know for a fact that Elijah is an original, while any thing said about Russell is just speculation.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 01:19 AM
Mindset

It's pretty much all speculation at this point. We don't know what being an original really means yet.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 01:38 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

It's pretty much all speculation at this point. We don't know what being an original really means yet.

Means he can compel other vampires as well as having other special powers like coming back from being staked.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 05:02 AM
Mindset

But can he come back from being ripped apart?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 07:36 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Dunno.

Probably not, unless he's got some uber healing factor going on, or some voodoo magic shit.

He karate chopped another vampire's head off too, so he has the same potential.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 07:42 AM
john razor
Restricted

Account Restricted

I watched it and was pleasantly surprised. It is massively superior to Twilight. Stefan is not made to be a Gary Stu like Edward nor is Elena as vapid as Bella. Damen [Damien?] at first came off cliched, but... after commercial break? Much more convincing.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2010 03:00 AM
john razor is currently offline Click here to Send john razor a Private Message Find more posts by john razor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
john razor
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am enjoying vampire diaries series.It is good like true blood.Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev are very well in this series.Now i am again going to watch vampire diaries with its 2nd season.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 05:10 AM
john razor is currently offline Click here to Send john razor a Private Message Find more posts by john razor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Lol John you are such a dumbass.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 06:38 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Have not watched the latest ep yet, but

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 09:21 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

last ep was thrilling

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 5th, 2010 02:46 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the werewolf transformation was all right by tv standards, felt still they could have showed more.. nina was looking good..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 07:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

You know what, I really hate that new b1tch (get it, get it?) in town.

I liked how she was talking shit in the bar, Damon should've ripped her heart out right then and then make everyone in the bar forget. And I also find it BS how Damon lost track of her so quickly, he should've easily been able to track her with his keen senses, and then taken her out since it takes them a little time to transform.

I also find it stupid how Rose, a 500 year old Vampire, didn't just bitchslap the werebitch away like a mosquito. She had plenty of time to push it off her while the b1tch was just up in her face.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 12:17 AM
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by Placidity
You know what, I really hate that new b1tch (get it, get it?) in town.

I liked how she was talking shit in the bar, Damon should've ripped her heart out right then and then make everyone in the bar forget. And I also find it BS how Damon lost track of her so quickly, he should've easily been able to track her with his keen senses, and then taken her out since it takes them a little time to transform.

I also find it stupid how Rose, a 500 year old Vampire, didn't just bitchslap the werebitch away like a mosquito. She had plenty of time to push it off her while the b1tch was just up in her face.

It was a full moon so werewolves are at the height of their power then. Also, I'm not sure how that werebitch is. Wonder if the age rule applies to werewolves too and whether or not there's an original werewolf.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 06:08 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
It was a full moon so werewolves are at the height of their power then. Also, I'm not sure how that werebitch is. Wonder if the age rule applies to werewolves too and whether or not there's an original werewolf.

Well the full moon is about the only time they have power. Sure on non-moon days they still have enhanced strength, but Mason was scared of Damon when he said he could own him during the day (non-wolf form). That and Caroline, a new born was able to take him down.

Hmm, for some reason I don't think the werewolves on VD are immortals like vamps, but we are yet to find out.

It still bothers me though, since at 500, Rose would be an 'Elder' vampire equivalent, she should've done better against the the werebitch. I dunno, superspeed away or something.

You know what Werewolves are shit. Just stay indoors in a secure place on full moon nights and they can't do shit. Heck just climb up a tree if you're outside.

But we do know the Werewolf lineage is transmitted down the bloodline, so if there is an original, does it mean they are all related?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 10:50 AM
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not ashamed to admit that this is my favorite TV show and rivals the late, great Buffy and Angel.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 10:41 PM
Lacan Grahf is currently offline Click here to Send Lacan Grahf a Private Message Find more posts by Lacan Grahf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote