KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » My problem (s) with the Twilight series

My problem (s) with the Twilight series
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
He leaves bruises on her after sex, yet this is supposed to be fine.

Will the films be able to carry on as 12A? that's the rating here in Britain. That sounds like something that would be allowed in a 15 rating, sexual violence. Unless they leave that part out from the book.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:01 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i highly doubt theyre gonna show them havin sex
maybe theyll put the partin where theyre in the water right before, but definately not during and especially not the after effects
i suspect theyll just skip from that to when she wakes up and hes out hunting and she gets the munchies

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 02:04 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

I haven't read the books or watched the film,but I know the general idea of it and i think it's cheesy;written for the lovey-dovey kind of girls.It's seriously over-rated.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 02:15 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Celestialgirl
What your passion?

*I was always a Buffy fan so when my sister got me to read twilight I was like it's okay, but buffy already did the human/vampire thing and she did it way better! I thought the first book was good, the second one I wanted to kill Bella she whined and whined and whined I was kinda happy that he was going to go kill himself in the second and dissappointed when Bella stopped him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwM3GvaTRM

buffy vs. edward!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:55 PM
Celestialgirl is currently offline Click here to Send Celestialgirl a Private Message Find more posts by Celestialgirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Bella sort of reminds me of Lana Lang in Smallville...

Whine...

Whine...

And more whining...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 07:03 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Ok.Now I've read it and can safely comment.reading big grin I still hold the same opinion.THere were parts and times when you said,'For goodness sake! Enough already with the cheesy romance.' miffed

I did enjoy reading some parts though.It gave you a rush and excitement at points,but then towards the end,it faded.It got too much.

A friend of mine described it to be like 'no-so-designer chocolate'.It gives you a sugar rush when you're having it,but when it's gone,you feel like you wasted your money and got a few extra kilo calories.

The thing I like about it was that the story developed slowly rather than too quickly to absorb. happy

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 08:32 AM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
It's poorly written. That's my problem with it.

I wouldn't even dare read it. Glittery vampires are played out. I prefer my vampires to be monstrous, and if not monstrous at least bad ass, in the vein of Blade or Masquerade.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 08:48 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

the only reason i read it was cause it wasnt what it is today and it was reccomended to me by my friends at book club

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 04:16 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
the only reason i read it was cause it wasnt what it is today and it was reccomended to me by my friends at book club
The book as the same, no?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 01:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

My problem with Twilight it the very existence of it...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 11:02 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Bardock42
The book as the same, no?

no i mean the popularity of it and the lack of screaming Jacob and Edward fangirls

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 08:33 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

lets go eat some people!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 10:13 AM
scampett94

i think the movie is alright jacob black is sooooo cute emmet is okey

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 10:06 PM
scampett94 is currently offline Click here to Send scampett94 a Private Message Find more posts by scampett94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

My God woman. Give it up. Even here you've got a supreme overlord wanting to kill you. So just keep your piehole shut so I don't have to resort to sending the symbiotes after you over a FREAKIN' FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 08:04 AM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I think it is too mushy and Bella is so emo and always seen to be in trouble and that the plot is not sticking to the story line and also her ideas of what a vampire is does not go by my thoughts on vampires.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 03:08 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jaeh
I actually had an urge to pick up a book and a red marker, and just start editing it. >>.

Oh, another problem with it is Edward and Bella's relationship is kinda abusive. >>.

About 70 to 80% of girls already go out with, and seem to prefer being with, guys who are abusive or neglectful anyway.
I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but he can't be any worse than the type of guy most women seem to prefer being with.

She might as well go out with Ed, anyway.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 02:44 AM
Master_Starbuck is currently offline Click here to Send Master_Starbuck a Private Message Find more posts by Master_Starbuck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by Peach
My problem with Twilight it the very existence of it...

This...

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick

lets go eat some people!

And this...

These posts sum up my general opinion on twilight. If I could go back in time, I would stop the series from being written. Or a the very least, made sure it stopped at 1 - Like in the above video.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 03:14 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Master_Starbuck
About 70 to 80% of girls already go out with, and seem to prefer being with, guys who are abusive or neglectful anyway.
I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but he can't be any worse than the type of guy most women seem to prefer being with.

She might as well go out with Ed, anyway.

Yikes, did you wash that stat?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 10:57 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Twilight gives me hope. Because if that shit can get published then I can get published. stick out tongue

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 04:55 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Yikes, did you wash that stat?

'The hell you mean wash?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 06:03 AM
Master_Starbuck is currently offline Click here to Send Master_Starbuck a Private Message Find more posts by Master_Starbuck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote