KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (91): « First ... « 85 86 [87] 88 89 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Based
Tbh, the future apocalyptic timeline shouldn't have happened when on the other side of the world you have wizards like these...

Dragons are still absurdly powerful, Acnologia vs Makarov showed that. And, to be fair, we don't know if the dragons went across the continent.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 11:50 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

And we get ends to both Zero and Ice! Fairly good stories, I'd say. Though with an obvious bit unresolved in Zero.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2015 02:39 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Woot, and Lucy gets to look badass too smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 10:33 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Natsu punching Sand Guy I could do without.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 01:26 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

You know what that punching is looking pretty good right now. I forgot how stupidly Laxus can destroy any semblance of tension.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 09:07 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So going off of this chapter does this mean Gildartz ban from the plot will be lifted soon?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 10:24 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Wham! What a twist! For all his flaws, Mashima might actually be better at hiding foreshadowing in plain sight than even Oda.

God Mavis and Zeref are the best characters in this manga. Easily.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 11:44 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Chapters like this make Hiro's recent Fairy Tail exploit even more irritating. We know he has the talent for great story work but scarcely uses it.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 01:54 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Boom. Awesome couple of chapters. Mavis and Zeref are the best characters and all other opinions are incorrect.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 09:25 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Chapters like this make Hiro's recent Fairy Tail exploit even more irritating. We know he has the talent for great story work but scarcely uses it.

I haven't read the manga, but I see what you mean. You can hardly turn your head in this series without seeing grand narrative potential, but more often than I care to say, Fairy Tail plays a little too safe for its own good. However, I retain high hopes of this soon changing.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 10:09 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Oh Mavis.

And yea- The writer clearly aims on keeping things light and fun most of the time, and I respect that, but he could do a lot more dramatic if he desired. Maybe after FT he'll do something along those lines...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 01:18 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'd rather him not wait. I've grown too fond of this. Besides, no artist who cares about their work should let its latent potential go unused, and if he started another series for the sake of making a more dramatic story, wouldn't it essentially be based on the afterthought of "I wish I had done this with Fairy Tail?" I mean... that would be pretty f**king pointless since he could simply do that with his current work. I know he's all about this being a "happier, more lighthearted" story, but he more than clearly likes exploring other emotions besides joy; it's part of why I picked it up and stuck with it for so long. I think it would be a simple matter of deepening the emotional narrative and integrating a stronger sense of relevant consequence to pick the series up to a more appropriate, deserved level.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 02:15 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

So, even among the Spriggan 12, we have a standout, second to Xeref but more widely knowledgeable.

Then we have Acnologia as an X-factor...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2015 11:44 AM
Q99

Wat.

There's a crossover between Fairy Tail and Parasyte.

Parasyte is a manga about alien organisms who replace pieces of human bodies, normally the head and brain (at which point they then impersonate people and eat other people), but in the main character's case had a hand replaced and became friends with it's host.

And now it's Lucy's hand.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2015 12:18 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I liked that this chapter focuses on just Lucy and Happy. FT has always been the kind of series that can focus on different people in the main group.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2015 12:19 PM
Q99

Oooh, apparently in the anime, the voice actress of Migi (the hand) and Lucy are the same person.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2015 12:41 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by AuraAngel
I liked that this chapter focuses on just Lucy and Happy. FT has always been the kind of series that can focus on different people in the main group.

thumb up

This probably isn't the most accurate analogy (in fact, I'm almost certain it isn't), but I often think of Fairy Tail as "the Teen Titans of anime". I see it this way because (A) their roles in life are seemingly ongoing in the sense that there's always a new threat to confront or challenge to overcome, and (B) the series has a knack for being able to distribute narrative focus between characters in appropriate sums so as to make/keep things interesting.

(Feel free to come up with a better analogy. )

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:01 AM
Q99

I think that analogy fits.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 10:07 AM
wakkawakkawakka

So the Empire's main attack has begun and Mavis gets to flex her strategic skills along with a call back to the Phantom Guild. Though its a shame that what seems to be the first match that the guy's opponent ended up being Erza. Well if its going to be a stomp, Hiro should at least keep it short so the other guild members get stuff to do.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 09:50 PM
Q99

I don't think it'll be a *stomp* stomp, but yea.

And this is only 1 of 12 significant foes.

I did like the ship fighting stuff ^^

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 04:55 AM