KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man vs Midnighter

Spider-Man vs Midnighter
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
umm...I love your ignorance

you've prob never read even one midnighter comic

he has shown similar strength feats

he has hurt a superman level character with a hit

he has ripped a human's spinal cord out.

read a goddamn comic.

irony.

Ive read many MN comics, and the irony again.

No he hasent, not even closes to it. If he has prove it.

so what that far cry from displaying the same ability is knocking back a tank cannon in comics. Batman, capt spiderman ect have all hurt heavy hitters with there punches does that mean they can now knock bck a cannon firer? Nope. hurting heavy hitter with your blows is not a strength feat.

So, wolveirne kicked a dudes had off. It does not require even closes to cannon back kicking back strength to come closes to accomplishing that.

the irony. find it hilarious since I literally read thousands of more comics then you

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:09 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

i's say spider-man. he has to be the smartest of the teenage heros, in the history of sidekicks,but of course, he's not a sidekick

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 12:34 AM
wammamram is currently offline Click here to Send wammamram a Private Message Find more posts by wammamram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spidey could ruin any human, those aren't exactly Midnighter's best feats either. Mids can take punches from Apollo and Jack Hawksmoore, believe it or not. I dare say his damage soak is at least up there with Spidey.. It's difficult to say who wins the "precog" war, but considering that Spidey is naturally faster, he would win if their "precogs" stalemate.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 01:13 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

There a huge difference between Midnighters ability and Spidermans. Midnighter knows what may happen, he knows the different scenerio that may play out, he doe snot know which one will play out. That a huge differences between spidersense which actaully tells him what the next attack will be and when.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 01:24 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I remember Midnighter running a couple million scenarios in his head while fighting Monsters, and he downed them all.

He also took a kick that launched him a pretty far distance with no discomfort. Plus his combat speed is faster than Spidey's, and his combat scenario computer will give him the win more often than not.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:19 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grimify
Lord of the Dance

Midnighter, and it's not really that close.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:39 AM
grimify is currently offline Click here to Send grimify a Private Message Find more posts by grimify Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by KingD19
I remember Midnighter running a couple million scenarios in his head while fighting Monsters, and he downed them all.

He also took a kick that launched him a pretty far distance with no discomfort. Plus his combat speed is faster than Spidey's, and his combat scenario computer will give him the win more often than not.

Yea like spidermans never delt with some shitty monsters........

again like spidermans never done that. No his combat speed is most certainly not faster then spidermans prove it.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:44 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Battlehammer
Yea like spidermans never delt with some shitty monsters........

again like spidermans never done that. No his combat speed is most certainly not faster then spidermans prove it.
his mind and reaction speed is far greater than spiderman...you can't process millions of scenarios without superspeed

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:49 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

his mind and reaction speed is far greater than spiderman...you can't process millions of scenarios without superspeed

He has built in computer. Being able to proccesses scenerios at an extremely fast rate does not equate to you have super fast reflexes or speed, thats some BS. There no evidences to suggest he faster or has better reflexes then Spiderman, but that for proving your utter ignorance again for the thousands time

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:53 AM
Starscream M

He has built in computer. Being able to proccesses scenerios at an extremely fast rate does not equate to you have super fast reflexes or speed, thats some BS. There no evidences to suggest he faster or has better reflexes then Spiderman, but that for proving your utter ignorance again for the thousands time
you're the ignorant one

processing million scenarios is useful only if you have the speed to use it

if I gave you a comp processing a million scenarios, it would be useless to you because you'd be too slow to react

MN can react at miliseconds...faster than most streetlevelers, including spiderman

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 07:00 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

you're the ignorant one

if I gave you a comp processing a million scenarios, it would be useless to you because you'd be too slow to react

MN can react at miliseconds...faster than most streetlevelers, including spiderman

No you are as usual.

No it usesful requardless. His brain runs scenerio's which could occure during the fight.

No he can't you dont understand his powers at all. He never once been describe like that. His ability to run simulation in his mind is from combat computer built into his head, it seperate from his reflexes and speed. He does not posses the same speed as his brain is able to simulate, becuase it a seperate enhancement. god your ignorant.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 07:04 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If I remember correctly about the monster feat, he was running thousands of scenarios for each of the hundreds of monsters. And just look at some of MN's feats.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 07:33 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

spidey.

BTW, let's squash the "spidey always loses to highly skilled street-levelers" rumor please

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 07:34 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by namorsubby
spidey.

BTW, let's squash the "spidey always loses to highly skilled street-levelers" rumor please
I made a thread about "skill" Spiderman is skilled even if he isn't an official MA.

Go look at it.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 08:02 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by KingD19
If I remember correctly about the monster feat, he was running thousands of scenarios for each of the hundreds of monsters. And just look at some of MN's feats.
The comic before that he was getting tagged by Grifter.

Not that that is a bad feat since Grifter is up there with Doom and Kyle on the awesomeness scale.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 08:21 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

you're the ignorant one

Dolphins can communicate a lot faster than humans, one squicky noise they make is like 1000 "words" and it takes them like 1 second to understand. That doesn't = having bullettime reflexes...

Also, Spider-man can kick through a tank shell no prob. Also can someone post scans of Midnighter displaying his combat speed? 'cause I really doubt he's faster than Parker.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 09:57 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I made a thread about "skill" Spiderman is skilled even if he isn't an official MA.

Go look at it.

Spiderman is not skilled. If hios powers were stripped he be a no body. He not skilled he relies on his powers to win. They even did a what if spiderman was properly trained and he was a complete utter monster.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 10:51 AM
namorsubby

i have read somewhere that he has developed a "freestyle fighting form" which contours to his ehancements.......i'm not sure it would quallify though

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 12:40 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by namorsubby
i have read somewhere that he has developed a "freestyle fighting form" which contours to his ehancements.......i'm not sure it would quallify though

Finding a way to effectively use the powers is one thing, being able to fight when the powers are turned off is another thing.
Proper combat training indeed did enhance Spiderman's performance to great degree.

For example, shieldless Captain America without limitless stamina provided by SSS is still someone you won't want to face in a fight. Powerless Spiderman has nothing like that to add to his resume. His "fighting style" is acrobatics (impossible for regular human) and power usage...that's all.

Powers can be a part of one's fighting style, but saying Spidey has great combat skills is farfetched IMO, I'm not on "Spidey loses to Daredevil-types" bandwagon, that's stupid BS, but I do believe guys like Iron Fist or Midnighter who have smaller gap to close statswise would beat poor Pete into ground.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Last edited by Charlotte DeBel on Dec 16th, 2009 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 01:03 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Spiderman is not skilled. If hios powers were stripped he be a no body. He not skilled he relies on his powers to win. They even did a what if spiderman was properly trained and he was a complete utter monster.

For once, I agree with you. Somebody with clearly superhuman stats AND proper combat training\strategic mind can lay all the variants of traps to Spidey... in fact, I can see Midnighter utilising the "false positive" scenario to get Spidey into dodging fake attack only to get hit into the face.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 01:08 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote