KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2009

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2009
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Somewhere.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 06:06 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I try to get to them from the east station while avoiding hard fights like the Ogre.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Dec 27th, 2009 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 06:09 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

So, Adept has to either Force his way through the Jovani patrol or fight the Lizard. At least the Jovani have medikits. The Hornet route is also more time-consuming, since it is more turns from eastern station.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 06:36 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, I'm starting to map this out...my map is rather a mess that's already covered two pages in a notebook.

At least I now know exactly where the lizard is.

(It killed me, btw.)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 06:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yay lizard dinner!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 07:48 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The dice hate me.

And I still haven't found the patrol nor the hornets.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 07:55 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Meanwhile, the iphone version of the game is now available- do you still want it, Bardock?
Oh yeah, definitely would like to try it.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 08:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Island of Fire in z8 format, which interpreters such as that on an iphone shoudl be able to read:

http://under-the-gun.org/christmas/...%20of%20Fire.z8

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 08:31 PM
Lord Melkor

Well Ush, I have won the game as Adept without using medpacks. I got the golden key from the hornets. Still, the Jovani patrol lost me a lot of stamina even if I used Force against them. Besides, I fought only the Sith Novices, Pax and Jovani mutant. I got to array with 4 Stamina. I have beaten Zeng in three encounters on the roof, plant and motor pool (I assumed that hydroponics one is too hard for Adept). He started final fight with 14 stamina.

Terek is supposed to be very hard for an Adept, right?

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Dec 27th, 2009 at 09:55 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 09:49 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup- and also gets him little.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:02 PM
Lord Melkor

Now tried to win as Marauder with no medikit use.

It is easy to get silver key, but I I am not sure about the easy way to get the gold key. It does not involve the lizard, apparently?

Edit - I found it! You need to get the frost gun from Ogre!

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Dec 27th, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:06 PM
Lord Melkor

Actually, I find it much harder to win as Marauder with no medikits. Even the fight with bounty hunter can kill you if you don`t make the force roll.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well done on the frost gun!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:41 PM
REXXXX
Networking

So THAT'S what that was for...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:45 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Actually, for some reason playing as Brute with no medpacks I had no problem on the lowlands, but died several times on the plateau, mostly against Akuna.

So based on my experience Adept is very easy once you know the proper route. The only challenge is getting the golden key, since both Jovani patrol or lizard cost stamina.

Marauder is the hardest. With no medpack policy I haven`t even got from the lowlands with several replays, I quess the rolls were unlucky.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 11:34 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well I've been playing through it rather completly, and while I haven't beaten it yet, I do have the entire lowlands completly mapped out, and am working on the plateau, once I finish mapping everything I should be able to plot the best ways through the whole thing.
Therefore I think I've found the way to go from the top down to the bottom and then up again without dying from lava.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 05:38 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm at the point now where really the only thing stopping me from winning is the fact that the rolls never, ever want to go my way. Grrrrr.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 05:54 AM
Peach
mordrem

Hey, I found a bug. I'm up on the plateau, and I accidentally came across the Assassin (killed it) and the Jovano Commandos (killed them), and looted their medikits. So I should have a decent number of them, but when I used one after killing the commandos, it says I have one left - despite having immediately picked up three just before. Looking back, I should have had five left after using that one.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 06:16 AM
Peach
mordrem

And there we go - I beat it! With 9 points, of course. Managed to intimidate Zeng and then immediately forced a confrontation with him. Killed him with the Force big grin

I also found the secret save password, though it wasn't until the very end that I realized what it was. And I don't think I could figure out how to get back to where I found it, as I gave up on mapping after a while.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 06:49 AM
Brith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Hey, I found a bug. I'm up on the plateau, and I accidentally came across the Assassin (killed it) and the Jovano Commandos (killed them), and looted their medikits. So I should have a decent number of them, but when I used one after killing the commandos, it says I have one left - despite having immediately picked up three just before. Looking back, I should have had five left after using that one.

Yeah, that's a bug. I've fixed it. I'll wait a while for any other bugs to be reported then build a version with the fix in.

Brith thinks again....

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 11:58 AM
Brith is currently offline Click here to Send Brith a Private Message Find more posts by Brith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote