KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Thor Respect Thread

Revamped Thor Respect Thread
Started by: ODG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Heavenly king
The End of All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Here, Thor takes on one of his most notorious foes: Rulk. While Rulk is looking for a measure of redemption, Thor is more interested in retribution. Payback's a b1tch.

===
Rulk
===

Thor vs Rulk again, from Hulk #26:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I am not the God of Reason and Understanding. I am the God of THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!!!"

he beat rulk up bad lol

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 05:00 PM
Heavenly king is currently offline Click here to Send Heavenly king a Private Message Find more posts by Heavenly king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Could anyone post the Thor vs Namor fight from Thor the mighty avenger... thank u.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 02:35 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ I think those scans would be better for this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...67#post13041912. This thread focuses on current 616 Thor. But I've definitely heard great things about that series. Turning to that, here's an update on Mjolnir itself:

MJOLNIR'S POWERS

TELEPORTATION

Here, Amadeus Cho reveals how quickly Mjolnir's interdimensional transport is once you enter the portal and come out the other side, "near-instantaneous within five microseconds." From Heroic Age: Prince of Power #3:

(please log in to view the image)

While definitely not the upper limit for Mjolnir since it literally transports between dimensions, here's a recent feat of how far Mjolnir can teleport, "a few hundred thousand miles." From Hulk #26:

TRACKING

Mjolnir's tracking abilities manifest in different ways. Mjolnir has used tingling sensations to lead Thor where he needs to go, like when it leads Thor to Loki's battle with Dr. Strange and when it responds to Thor's wariness and signals him to supernatural menaces, from Strange Tales #123 and Journey Into Mystery #114:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Mjolnir's tracking usually manifests itself more directly. Sometimes too much so, even when it is being used by the uninitiated. Here, Eric Masterson simply concentrates on the Absorbing Man and Mjolnir responds by redirecting him mid-flight so near-instantly and violently, it causes Eric unfortunately to suffer a bit of nausea, from Thor #436:

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 01:45 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Thor easily resists the power of a black hole and saves rulk. Thor also easily withstands reentry into the the earth.

Attachment: thor black hole2.jpg
This has been downloaded 726 time(s).

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Last edited by Damborgson on Oct 30th, 2010 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 07:39 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

^Blackhole resistance. Easily one of the most overdone and pointless super durability feats.

Because you know, the next moment they get punched by a shitty ass mid meta character that would do no more than break a mid-sized building, they'll still be hurt.

Damn comics. Making blackholes job since the 60s. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 07:54 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by CosmicComet
^Blackhole resistance. Easily one of the most overdone and pointless super durability feats.

Because you know, the next moment they get punched by a shitty ass mid meta character that would do no more than break a mid-sized building, they'll still be hurt.

Damn comics. Making blackholes job since the 60s. laughing out loud

The things is, surviving a Black Hole isn't that hard until your well in it, when you re likely to collide with superheated material, traveling at FTL speeds.

The crushing gravitational forces usually associated with a black hole, aren't really gonna take affect until u approach the singularity - which is well within the black hole, far beyond the event Horizon.

I think comic book characters are seen defying the Gravity Well of the Event Horizon, rather than UBER GRAVITY of the Singularity. If this is the case its is more of a Speed feat, rather than a durability feat - I.e. the character must be traveling at FTL speeds, to escape the quick sand effect of the collapsing space time.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 09:05 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
The things is, surviving a Black Hole isn't that hard until your well in it, when you re likely to collide with superheated material, traveling at FTL speeds.

The crushing gravitational forces usually associated with a black hole, aren't really gonna take affect until u approach the singularity - which is well within the black hole, far beyond the event Horizon.

I think comic book characters are seen defying the Gravity Well of the Event Horizon, rather than UBER GRAVITY of the Singularity. If this is the case its is more of a Speed feat, rather than a durability feat - I.e. the character must be traveling at FTL speeds, to escape the quick sand effect of the collapsing space time.
Yeah thats kinda what I intended with it, Thor was FTL so it a speed feat.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 09:37 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt

Fair enough, fair enough.

But travelling FTL in and of itself is a big durability feat (unless you have a specific answer for it like the Speedforce.)

I don't think a building wrecker should be able to harm most FTL travellers.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 09:56 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

guys someone please post the commet destroying from the hulk book.
i think it's decent enough

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 09:08 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Can somebody explain what was Loki's new book about? Is it canon? Cause that's not how Thor really got Mjolnir, is it?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 09:46 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Well... we'll have to see how it plays out. Thor himself disputes Loki's recountings, so Loki's lies (maybe even to himself?) may be the entire point of the story.

Here's another update on Mjolnir which focuses on its mastery of lightning:

MJOLNIR STORMBRINGER

STORM CONTROL

Here are two examples of Thor using multi-directional attacks with precision: (i) Thor targets and simultaneously strikes every copy created by Loki in their battle on the Isle of Silence, and (ii) in more solemn fasion, Thor lights the pyres of all the fallen Asgardians after the events of Siege. From Avengers: The Origin #5 and Thor #611:

The lightning can be so precise that it can strike a small target on someone's neck even when he's panicking and flailing about, from Thor #372:

The lightning's sheer power is again apparent when Amadeus Cho redirects the lightning back at Thor and lays him out and where it even gives the newly-resurrected Incredible Hercules pause. From Heroic Age: Prince of Power #4 and Chaos War #1:

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 01:03 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

where is this from?

I have returned

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:41 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior Madness
God of Thunder

It's the cover from Ironman/Thor #3. cool

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 03:56 AM
Warrior Madness is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior Madness a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior Madness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Crimson Dynamo and High Evolutionary I recognize, who are the rest?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 11:31 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Diablo and maybe Ulik

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 12:29 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Warrior Madness
It's the cover from Ironman/Thor #3. cool
scans?

I have returned

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 07:15 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

preview from chaos war thor I

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

that guy is freaking huge

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Nov 5th, 2010 at 01:06 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:04 PM
Warrior Madness
God of Thunder

Can't wait for this fight.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 04:26 AM
Warrior Madness is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior Madness a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior Madness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Fair enough, fair enough.

But travelling FTL in and of itself is a big durability feat (unless you have a specific answer for it like the Speedforce.)

I don't think a building wrecker should be able to harm most FTL travellers.

I don't think its FTL in a Newtonian sense, its going to be FTL in a Star Trek sense, i.e. a form of warp drive, that expands and contracts space.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 11:46 AM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Guys, to the extent that ya'll are posting scans of comics that haven't even published yet, I do believe that while they aren't irrelevant to respecting Thor, they might be more appropriate for the Thor Discussion Thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=67

But definitely, appreciating all the posts for Thor.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 10:41 PM