KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Thor Respect Thread

Revamped Thor Respect Thread
Started by: ODG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Warrior Madness
God of Thunder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Heavenly king
I just hope we see some real good feat from both of them

My feelings,exactly.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 07:16 AM
Warrior Madness is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior Madness a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior Madness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bagsikdangal101
The Son Of Revenge

Originally posted by Heavenly king
i really hope that Glory shows off some real power. marvel has been bs with the gods these days

Glory according to J.M. DeMatteis(The writer of Chaos War:Thor)

In the story, the entity known as Glory goes head-to-head with Thor as the alien-god attempts to make all the Chaos King's dreams come horribly true.

"The thing that makes Glory so interesting-to me, at least-is the fact that he's not one single god: he's the embodiment of an entire pantheon," says DeMatteis."Imagine if all the gods of Asgard were one being, contained within the body of Odin, and you'll get some sense of just how powerful Glory is. Add to that the fact that he's the god of a race that lives a brutal existence of unending war and suffering. Glory is a reflection of the violence and struggle and madness of the people that worship him or her or it, depending on your perspective.

"In other words, he's not just powerful: he's mean, depraved. Cosmically mean and depraved. His view of life, the universe and everything is incredibly dark, brutal; tearing down Creation alongside Chaos is a no-brainer for Glory."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 07:50 AM
bagsikdangal101 is currently offline Click here to Send bagsikdangal101 a Private Message Find more posts by bagsikdangal101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heavenly king
The End of All

Originally posted by bagsikdangal101

In the story, the entity known as Glory goes head-to-head with Thor as the alien-god attempts to make all the Chaos King's dreams come horribly true.

"The thing that makes Glory so interesting-to me, at least-is the fact that he's not one single god: he's the embodiment of an entire pantheon," says DeMatteis."Imagine if all the gods of Asgard were one being, contained within the body of Odin, and you'll get some sense of just how powerful Glory is. Add to that the fact that he's the god of a race that lives a brutal existence of unending war and suffering. Glory is a reflection of the violence and struggle and madness of the people that worship him or her or it, depending on your perspective.

"In other words, he's not just powerful: he's mean, depraved. Cosmically mean and depraved. His view of life, the universe and everything is incredibly dark, brutal; tearing down Creation alongside Chaos is a no-brainer for Glory."

with all them gods in one he should show off insane amount of power then. i just hope glory and thor show off some raw and energy base power.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:15 PM
Heavenly king is currently offline Click here to Send Heavenly king a Private Message Find more posts by Heavenly king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

guys, I don't wnna be an ass but you can discuss stuff like this in the Thor discussion thread.

just mentioning it for the shake of this thread's structure.
smile

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:20 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heavenly king
The End of All

Originally posted by Warlord
guys, I don't wnna be an ass but you can discuss stuff like this in the Thor discussion thread.

smile

you're right

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 07:41 PM
Heavenly king is currently offline Click here to Send Heavenly king a Private Message Find more posts by Heavenly king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

The Fine Print storyline has Thor dealing with another legacy of Loki's mischief: the Disir. They are the fallen handmaidens of Bor, cursed for their cannibalism, and traded to Mephisto. To speak their name is death. They are possessed of powerful magicks and threaten the spirits of dead Asgardians. Thor must literally go through Hell to defeat them.

===
Disir
===

(please log in to view the image)

Thor vs the Disir, from Thor #611-12:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:26 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:26 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Thor going through Hell (even most part being off panel) is more impressive than the Desir fight itself in this ark IMO.

I enjoyed the story thumb up

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 06:49 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Thor, Iron Man and Captain America are drawn into the Nine Realms after being transported by an errant portal in the aftermath of the Siege. Separated from his allies and cast into Vanaheim, Thor is ambushed by Amora, the Enchantress.

========
Enchantress
========

Thor vs Enchantress, from Avengers Prime #1-2:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2010 03:11 AM
ODG

The very first opponent that Thor ever fought in his comics debut was Korg. Since then, several retellings of the fight have preserved the same classic vibe. From Thor's proclamation, "Iron bars do not a prison make!" to the Mechano Warbot that gets one-shotted, and especially the futility with which Korg opposes the reborn Thor.

===
Korg
===

Thor vs Korg, from Journey Into Mystery #83:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Thor vs Korg recounted, from Incredible Hulk v2 #94:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Thor vs Korg retold, from Thor: First Thunder #1:

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 09:17 PM
Warrior Madness
God of Thunder

Awesome post,OneDumbG0 cool

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 03:17 AM
Warrior Madness is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior Madness a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior Madness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bagsikdangal101

how does thor have any chance of winning that fight confused

I have returned

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 12:13 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have returned

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 12:19 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bagsikdangal101
The Son Of Revenge

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Thor only has 2 options in order to beat a being as powerful as Glory.

Option A has Thor doing God Blast just like what he did to Zelia of the Dark Gods who amalgamated all the powers of the Dark Gods unto herself and imprisoned Odin.

Option B has Thor some how miraculously got the Odinforce back and then uses it to beat Glory.

These are the only options I can think of in order for Thor to beat Glory.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 09:17 AM
bagsikdangal101 is currently offline Click here to Send bagsikdangal101 a Private Message Find more posts by bagsikdangal101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Cause he is Thor

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 03:42 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Thor power varies one minute he is skyfather the next he is thor level erm

Fixed evil face

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 04:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior Madness
God of Thunder

Originally posted by Newjak
Cause he is Thor

Correct answer. smokin'

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 12:06 AM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

but seriously you guys think he is getting odin force back?
glory should be above odin himself

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Oct 6th, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 10:38 PM
ODG

^ Have there been previews that suggest he is getting the Odinforce back? Seems like it was just kind of spent for the most part restoring Mjolnir. Questionable, but I guess they needed to cast it aside for the sake of sustained plot.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 08:05 PM
ODG

Originally posted by Warlord

smile
I think on this, as long as it's not spamming or disrespect, ya'll are just fine commenting. We're all fans. But maybe for the sake of structure, save the top post of any new page for feats scans? As it stands, there is always a Thor discussion thread available for prolonged discussion and commenting: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t455434.html

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 08:11 PM