KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Thor Respect Thread

Revamped Thor Respect Thread
Started by: ODG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 49 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
themadsurfer

Is it just my impression or in the recent issue "Thor: God of thunder #23" Thor admitted that he holds back against The Hulk??
Some Hulk fans take that statement in the contrary direction saying that that's a prove that Thor doesn't holds back against The Hulk.
First time I read it was pretty clear to me and also since when Thor holds back against this Magical"immortal" beings??

Old Post Jun 21st, 2014 10:38 PM
themadsurfer is currently offline Click here to Send themadsurfer a Private Message Find more posts by themadsurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanthehammer

can someone post the scan of him saying he's holding back so we can all see the context and make up are own minds?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2014 10:08 PM
Evanthehammer is currently offline Click here to Send Evanthehammer a Private Message Find more posts by Evanthehammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themadsurfer

here it is:

Attachment: thor-godofthunder023-007.jpg
This has been downloaded 278 time(s).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 02:13 AM
themadsurfer is currently offline Click here to Send themadsurfer a Private Message Find more posts by themadsurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themadsurfer

and:

Attachment: thor-godofthunder023-008.jpg
This has been downloaded 262 time(s).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 02:14 AM
riv6672

I read it as he doesnt hold back?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 10:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

To be clear, i'm reading this in a phone. I can only zoom in so much so the text is blurry.

Edit: enlarged it. Thor's saying that since that guy is Hulk like, he can hit him harder...

Last edited by riv6672 on Jun 24th, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 10:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Edit: enlarged it. Thor's saying that since that guy is Hulk like, he can hit him harder...

Yep. It's paying respect to the Hulk if anything.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 09:46 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, and its taking nothing away from Thor, really.
Knowing you can cut loose on arguably the strongest being on the planet, if not the known MU, speaks pretty darn highly of you, as well!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 10:12 AM
Evanthehammer

Thor usually doesn't obliterate the Hulk with one punch either so maybe he still does hold back just cause the Hulk is still a friend and avenger and as Thor said the minator is a monster.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 11:04 AM
Evanthehammer is currently offline Click here to Send Evanthehammer a Private Message Find more posts by Evanthehammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'll buy that.
I'm put in mind of how Thor took iron Man apart after Civil War. He certainly didnt hold back, proving a point to Tony, but he didnt pound him to paste either...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 11:15 AM
themadsurfer

Originally posted by Evanthehammer
Thor usually doesn't obliterate the Hulk with one punch either so maybe he still does hold back just cause the Hulk is still a friend and avenger and as Thor said the minator is a monster.

That's what makes things confused, because he said like "you've the strength of The Hulk and you're monster so I can finally do this". So if the dude wasn't as strong as The Hulk he wouldn't have done that?? Previous scan he said it would be a lucky guy the one he spared.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 12:24 PM
eaebiakuya

lol guys. Thor was just saying " now i can see you are strong, then i can punch you".

Also, in another story, Thor said he hold back when he hit with the hammer, even against Hulk. In that issue he said he almost killed Hulk because he forgot to hold back.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 12:45 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themadsurfer

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
lol guys. Thor was just saying " now i can see you are strong, then i can punch you".

Also, in another story, Thor said he hold back when he hit with the hammer, even against Hulk. In that issue he said he almost killed Hulk because he forgot to hold back.

So for you the scan says Thor holds back against Hulk??

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 12:52 PM
eaebiakuya

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 01:24 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Yeah people tend to forget because they read thor fighting some one who deserves to die that when he fought desak or surtur, or mangog them dieing would effect him holding his hammer, him not holding back on some one like hulk who has banner inside of him who is innocent could also result in his loss of being worthy. Plus Thor feels bad for Hulk and he doesn't want to hurt his friend banner. Silver Surfer feels the same way about Hulk too, as well as strange. Besides why kill off a major character who brings the largest amounts of fans

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:16 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

That's Rulk not Hulk.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:25 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Originally posted by The Sorrow
That's Rulk not Hulk.

Was confirmed by the writter this is Green Hulk.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:26 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

It was actually confirmed to be Hulk.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:27 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Was confirmed by the writter this is Green Hulk.

Care to post the confirmation? I haven't seen that before.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:28 PM
eaebiakuya

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 07:51 PM