KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic Unstoppable Juggernaut vs Odin-Force Thor

Classic Unstoppable Juggernaut vs Odin-Force Thor
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I did want to say something about Cain. I think Cain tends to be a victim of his humanity. The problem with the Juggernaut is he still views and interacts with the world like a human being. That's why there are times when Nightcrawler can throw a torch into his face and he'll scream in pain even though he wasn't effected by the attack at all. But in another issue deadpool can pour molten steel on him and Cain won't even register it.

Its why Cain will go to sleep and dream even though he doesn't need sleep at all. His mentality is human but it's when he starts acting like a conduit of raw magical energy that that grants him the power of an extra dimensional god that he goes to that upper level that makes him one of the baddest most powerful characters around.

As always I think the level of power, strength, and invulnerability Cain shows is directly proportional to how focused he is which strengthens his connection to Cyttorak and the Crimson Cosmos.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 12:59 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
I did want to say something about Cain. I think Cain tends to be a victim of his humanity. The problem with the Juggernaut is he still views and interacts with the world like a human being. That's why there are times when Nightcrawler can throw a torch into his face and he'll scream in pain even though he wasn't effected by the attack at all. But in another issue deadpool can pour molten steel on him and Cain won't even register it.

Its why Cain will go to sleep and dream even though he doesn't need sleep at all. His mentality is human but it's when he starts acting like a conduit of raw magical energy that that grants him the power of an extra dimensional god that he goes to that upper level that makes him one of the baddest most powerful characters around.

As always I think the level of power, strength, and invulnerability Cain shows is directly proportional to how focused he is which strengthens his connection to Cyttorak and the Crimson Cosmos.

This. This, this, this. I view most of the noises Cain makes are just human reaction to things, not necessarily him being hurt. When Prof. Hulk punched him in the gut, he wasn't hurt. That was just air escaping his lungs due to him not being ready for the punch and then the air being force out. It's kind of like a person throwing a fake punch at another and the 2nd guy makes a "hmph" sound preparing for the punch when his muscles tense up causing a little air to escape. But he is not actually hit nor is he hurt.

The sound effects on panel when Cain gets hit are there to add to the fight. Not to show damage per-say, but to let the reader know a hit has happened.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 02:38 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor wins this, though a lot of people scream "PIS" about that Juggernaut fight.

How wasn't it PIS? It has never ever been shown to be able to happen again. Even when Thor and Juggs have met after that fact. Seems if he could do it so easily he would do it evertime. Or how about tha was one writer WRONG take on his shield and invulnerability?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:43 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How wasn't it PIS? It has never ever been shown to be able to happen again. Even when Thor and Juggs have met after that fact. Seems if he could do it so easily he would do it evertime. Or how about tha was one writer WRONG take on his shield and invulnerability?

Why doesn't Flash speedbiltz everyone, why doesn't Sersi turn everyone into a pig, why doesn't Prof X or MM shutdown everyone's mind, why doesn't Magneto rip the iron out everyone's blood?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by Silent Master
Why doesn't Flash speedbiltz everyone, why doesn't Sersi turn everyone into a pig, why doesn't Prof X or MM shutdown everyone's mind, why doesn't Magneto rip the iron out everyone's blood?

Because they tend to have other ways of beating their opponent, Thor can't beat Juggernaut any other way?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:51 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Do you wanna know why your examples are piss poor silent? Because these are ESTABLISHED powers that we've seen them display numerous times. We know magneto could do that as we've seen him do such things countless times. Same with IMP's same with X's mind rape. However, Deflaco was the ONLY writer EVER to shown someone being able to override his shield/invulnerability in such a manner. Not before, or since, has this been shown or duplicated or even the source of his invulnerability. Huge huge differences but thanks for playing as always Silent.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:51 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

And Mjolnir has the established ability to be a swiss-army knife, IE can do just about anything.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:55 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

That is the best you could do. Thanks for playing again silent.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:58 PM
Silent Master

Mjolnir has been doing it for decades, why should I ignore it's history. Why would blocking energy be beyond it's ability when we've seen it effect energy and create shields?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:02 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

you're NOT understanding the concept silent. Juggs invulnerablity has never been solely tied to FF. In pretty much all of Juggs showings.. his invulnerability has NOTHING to do with his forcefield. Thus one writers take on his invulnerability, that no other writer before or after has used, means it was one's writers BAD take.. NOT this is a fact of how to get around it. If most writer don't writer juggs that way we go with the vast clear majority of it not being tied to his FF.. not one writers take. Can't be anymore clear than that. To say nothing of the fact, that again, even bypassing it the way Thor did has never been duplicated by ANYBODY ever again. He's fought mystical powers before.. even his boss and it wasn't done in such ways. To say nothing of Thor never ever doing it again. So you expect me to believe Thor could do it with Mjolnir but Cyttorak can't even bypass his own powers... :facepalm:

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:09 PM
Silent Master

All he did was basically create a shield/vortex that stopped mystical energy from reaching Juggs. Well, creating shields is well within his ability.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:12 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

You still don't get it... Let me ask you this... So you feel like people should go with one writer's take on Juggs invulnerability that has NEVER EVER been shown before or after. With other writers having the vastly more consistent showings of it having nothing to do with his forcefield. That seems to be your stance Silent and I'm not surprised by the piss poor stance that most don't agree with. So you go with take that is in the clear minority?

I bet you also feel like Thor can't fly without Mjolnir and he can be pierced and put down by mere bullets then? Cool, works for me lol

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:24 PM
Silent Master

When has anyone else even tried blocking his connection?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:29 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Thor can be put down by bullets.. nice.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:44 PM
Silent Master

Except, Thor has far more examples of not being put down when shot.

Does Juggernaut have examples where people have been unable to block him receiving mystical energy?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:50 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Hulk has never hurt Cain unless he was using Celestial Technology.
(please log in to view the image)

that punch in the gut from an angry hulk hurt him, and that was a few issues after juggernaut jumped hulk in the forest in plain clothes.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 05:42 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

That punch didn't hurt him, it is just a human reaction and noise to the air being forced out of his lungs. He still feels the need to breathe despite not actually needing the air.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 05:51 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

In the 8th Day Saga Cain showed no signs of Thor's attacks having any effect on him.

I think Cain started feeling it:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...Juggernaut7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...Juggernaut8.jpg

And my account still stands Thor has never hurt Cain without having to effect Cain's enchantment.

Not severely, no. I'd argue that anyone on par with Thor or higher, can hurt Juggernaut physically.

Are you talking about Proff. Hulk? The one where he sucker punched Cain and took him to a knee and Cain was getting right back up showing no ill signs from the attack.

Juggernaut was clearly affected by Hulk's blows here:

I guess he was winded to an extent but to argue he wasn't hurt is something I disagree with. It makes sense as PAD from what I can tell also believes that Cain isn't invulnerable to higher end forces.

I see that logic a lot with Cain to explain away showings. Just because a character isn't bleeding, doesn't mean aforementioned character isn't hurt.

WWH Hulk only hurt Cain after he had just went through the portal and was still not at full power.

I'm talking about this scene:

Hulk's blow clearly affected Cain.

And I used Onslaught because he was a character you mentioned, but yes the Beast was also very awkward.

Fair enough.

And there has been times Cain ahs faced High Heralds or Higher without resorting to his Forcefield so there hasn't always been a precedent for it. The main one that comes to mind is Nightmare who fought to a standstale without using his FF.

The latest example I can think of is his first fight with the Hulk (Early 70's I believe). Since then, his fought Thor, Merged Hulk, Onslaught, War Hulk, Captain Universe, and he clearly wasn't invulnerable then. It's been a while since I read the Doctor Strange series. Not sure how Nightmare was portrayed in that. IIRC it was #182 which was like in the late 60's.

Regarding the fight: If Juggernaut doesn't use his force field, Thor beats him down. If Cain does use his force field, Thor will simply remove it, and then beat him down.

If you think Cain's invulnerability isn't depended on his force field (At this point, I heavily disagree with this stance unless I'm forgetting something), Thor still removes his invulnerability.

Thor from #600 was beyond Cain.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 05:57 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
That punch didn't hurt him, it is just a human reaction and noise to the air being forced out of his lungs. He still feels the need to breathe despite not actually needing the air.
he also apparently feels the need to go on all fours after getting hit, and he seems to be holding his belly in the last panel. shifty

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 05:58 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by psycho gundam
he also apparently feels the need to go on all fours after getting hit, and he seems to be holding his belly in the last panel.

When you get knocked down do you levitate up or something? His other arm could just be blocked by his massive body also.

As for Thor beating Juggernaut without his shield, Cain still has his healing factor which has been touched on more-so after that Thor fight. He is not going down to Thor's punches, shield or no shield.

If you still think he does, Cain brings a gun to the fight and shoots Thor. shifty

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 06:04 PM