KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Ready for season 10?

Ready for season 10?
Started by: Darth Macabre

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

no expression @ ollie. Surely you jest.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 05:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
no expression @ ollie. Surely you jest.

I'm not. And don't call me Surely.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 02:30 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok, so Season 10 is coming together and finding its pacing. They're bringing back everyone, which I really don't mind. They're also turning it into a legit comic universe, without making it campy as hell. Best season yet, imo, though my favorite episodes are still scattered throughout the older seasons. The first time they brought together the League was still unbelievably cool, despite being obvious fan service.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 03:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Now this I can sink my teeth into! Blood spilling down my throat kinda bliss.

The show sucked monkey balls but I'll watch this.

Last edited by the ninjak on Jan 8th, 2012 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 03:55 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Just finished season 10. Good times. It's really the first time I've ever actually gotten into the character of Superman, so that was cool. I'm not quite sure what else to say, but they did a great job of believing in the mythology that the show was based on, while also creating their own storylines.

Haven't exactly figured out what Ollie did to the arrows to take out the trio....I'm assuming gold kyptonite, but why would that have worked on them? Also surprised they opted for a Lex clone (albeit an exact one) instead of having Darkseid just resurrect the original.

I don't get peeved about continuity and canon like I once did though. They had been teasing the John Willaims music for entire seasons before busting it out at the end. Incredible restraint on their part; it was worth it. And the finale was more about reconciling the inner hero than any fight with Darkseid (which was admittedly brief).

Oliver and Chloe were still the stars of the show to me. Maybe Lex. Welling embodied Kal well, but there's only so much you can do with the boyscout role...his lines tended to be derivative after a while, when he'd have the same reactions to every situation. I hated Lana; Lois was a step up, though I never loved her either. Many of the villains were good. Lex obviously, Lionel as well, Brainiac, loved the Superman-family in-joke with making Dean Cain into Vandal Savage, Toyman, etc. I also only watched seasons 6-10, so there may have been things in the early seasons that I missed.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 9th, 2012 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 02:49 AM
Darth Thor

Smallville was one of my favourite shows of all time.. But I really was disapointed in the last season (especially the finale)..

Sure It had some great episodes but Just didn't feel like they put much effort into the season overall. And annoyed they never brought Bart or MMH back.

Fav seasons were 6, 7 and 9.

Miss the show.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 04:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote