KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Goku Vs Gohan?

Goku Vs Gohan?
Started by: TomMovies45

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Didn't Akira say that Gohan was supposed to be the strongest of the Cell series which was meant to be the end until fans didn't like this so he ended it with Goku being stronger. If I remember right.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 30th, 2010 06:13 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain
Didn't Akira say that Gohan was supposed to be the strongest of the Cell series which was meant to be the end until fans didn't like this so he ended it with Goku being stronger. If I remember right.
yea actually goku was never supposed to come back gohan was supposed to follow in his father's footsteps

We are True Avengers

Old Post May 31st, 2010 03:22 AM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RichardBrittain

Goku, surely. Gohan's just a skinny kid!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 02:28 PM
RichardBrittain is currently offline Click here to Send RichardBrittain a Private Message Find more posts by RichardBrittain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I'm not too sure about this.

Firstly, I'm still not convinced that the Mystic powerup puts Gohan above SS3 Goku. I mean Gohan was smacking around Pure Super Buu like old chewing gum to be sure, but was getting thoroughly thrashed by Buutenks. Meanwhile, SS3 was able to stand toe to toe with both Fat Buu and Kid Buu, Kid Buu proving to be the superior compared to any other form by feats alone (And for those of you relying on Goku's vague statements about Buu's various powerlevels, I'll remind you all that he did state during the formation into Kid Buu that he was getting stronger than he was as Buuhan. The only reason he took on Kid Buu without the Potara Fusion was due to the challenge, he used Potara against Buuhan because the Earth was still intact at the time.)

If GT enters the mix, I'm assuming that SS4 is supposed to be far more powerful tha SS3... so it gets broken.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 07:11 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Gohan is the strongest at the end of DBZ

We are True Avengers

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 04:28 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by yungz22
Gohan is the strongest at the end of DBZ

Why? Based on What? How people reach these conclusions is beyond me right now...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 05:21 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Why? Based on What? How people reach these conclusions is beyond me right now...
Gohan beating on Super Buu, when Gotenks unfuses in Super Buu, and Piccolo's the dominate trait, Gokou isn't all scared, and says Gohan can beat him now, and when Vegeta revives Earth Gokou asks Vegeta if he's going to get Gotenks and Gohan to beat Kid Buu. Who Gokou was having trouble with.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 05:26 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by Kento
Gohan beating on Super Buu, when Gotenks unfuses in Super Buu, and Piccolo's the dominate trait, Gokou isn't all scared, and says Gohan can beat him now,

I am assuming that he's doing this simply because he's hoping Gohan would replace him fully. He did say that he wasn't going to be around forever.

and when Vegeta revives Earth Gokou asks Vegeta if he's going to get Gotenks and Gohan to beat Kid Buu. Who Gokou was having trouble with.

He was having trouble because he played around at the start, hoping to "give Vegeta a turn" not because he couldn't win if he had gone full on right off the bat.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 05:58 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I am assuming that he's doing this simply because he's hoping Gohan would replace him fully. He did say that he wasn't going to be around forever.

He was having trouble because he played around at the start, hoping to "give Vegeta a turn" not because he couldn't win if he had gone full on right off the bat.
Gokou was only equal to Fat Buu, well a little bit stronger. Super Buu was much more powerful than Fat Buu, and in turn Gokou....

No he wasn't. Gokou even says he was trying, and wasn't going to give Vegeta a turn when Vegeta mentions it when they stop and talk....when Vegeta tries to buy Gokou time..

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 06:26 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

To answer all questions.

Gohan (post Elder-Kai training) >> Full-power Super Saiyan 3 Goku > Super Saiyan 3 Goku >> Super Saiyan 2 Goku > Super Saiyan 2 kid Gohan > Super Saiyan 2 teen Gohan >> Full-power Super Saiyan Gohan > Full-power Super Saiyan Goku ...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 10:20 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Gokou was only equal to Fat Buu, well a little bit stronger. Super Buu was much more powerful than Fat Buu, and in turn Gokou....

Fat Buu couldn't even touch fat Buu, plus Goku was fairing pretty evenly with kid Buu, while Fat Buu got his ass handed to him all over the place when he tried to fight Kid Buu.

No he wasn't. Gokou even says he was trying, and wasn't going to give Vegeta a turn when Vegeta mentions it when they stop and talk....when Vegeta tries to buy Gokou time..

Dude, Goku said he could take Kid Buu when he was fresh, but played around too much so Vegeta could have a turn...

[yotube]hMTfqHYB-Bw[/youtube]
Check 7:21 to 7:43

So unless the Manga overrules this...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 05:43 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/drago...42/c008/13.html

Vegeta - Don't worry about me just finish him off

Gokou - That's what I've been trying to do.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 06:00 PM
Darkstorm Zero

Sorry about my bad coding... :P

Anyways, I hope that translation is accurate Kento

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 06:51 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

lol More accurate than Funimation.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 06:55 PM
Darkstorm Zero

I'm not saying it isn't... But Then there are about a dozen different translations of DBZ floating around the net, nevermind paperbacks, and Funimation happens to be the most well recognized variable out there.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 03:53 PM
Stunner2xx

gohan would fail.
goku wins here

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 04:47 PM
Stunner2xx is currently offline Click here to Send Stunner2xx a Private Message Find more posts by Stunner2xx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

gohan stomped super buu while goku was somewhat toe to toe with fat buu. Super buu is stronger than fat buu. Also goku said he couldnt beat him but gohan could when piccolo buu took over

We are True Avengers

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 05:33 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Goku ftw

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 06:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jltruth
The Man Of Steel

Mystic Gohan>>>SS3 Goku....Kid Buu wasn't stronger than super buu....he was only more evil which means he didn't have a concious,which also made him more dangerous. Being more dangerous doesn't make you the strongest.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 06:34 PM
jltruth is currently offline Click here to Send jltruth a Private Message Find more posts by jltruth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by BloodRain

Not quite. He simply said that he had trouble coming up with decent material during the earlier chapters showing Gohan' first few days/weeks of high school. He tried again to end it with Ultimate Gohan as the one to kill Super Buu, but that's when fans still wanted Goku to be in the series and whatnot. He never said anything about making Goku stronger than Gohan, or even Gotenks. Gohan had been 1-upping Goku since the series started, and when Akira Toriyama finally worked to make something of it after the Android/Cell Saga, fans simply didn't want him to completely abandon Goku.

In fact, in other interviews, he's even stated that Goku isn't even the most powerful SSJ3, saying that Gotenks was slightly stronger in said form. How slight, I don't think anyone's sure, but enough so that he could eventually gain the upper hand against Super Buu with work, whereas Gohan mopped the floor Super Buu, and started off evenly matched against Buutenks.

Meanwhile, SS3 was able to stand toe to toe with both Fat Buu and Kid Buu, Kid Buu proving to be the superior compared to any other form by feats alone (And for those of you relying on Goku's vague statements about Buu's various powerlevels, I'll remind you all that he did state during the formation into Kid Buu that he was getting stronger than he was as Buuhan. The only reason he took on Kid Buu without the Potara Fusion was due to the challenge, he used Potara against Buuhan because the Earth was still intact at the time.)

Wrong. Back when he became Kid Buu, they only noted his rise in Ki when he was briefly passing through his South Supreme Kai form (which they were comparing to Base Super Buu), and upon becoming Kid Buu, he noted how he had then become much weaker and that they could take him. Kid Buu's feats aren't based on greater power either, but rather the fact that he's a mindless, ruthless killing machine made for the sole purpose of destroying everything he sees and with a complete disregrd for the well-being of anything, including himself (hence why he let himself get blown to pieces every time he destroyed a planet). It's kind of like Doomsday; at first he was this mindless brute with no sense of self-restraint on his power, but when he became sentient one time, he was actually concerned somewhat of exerting himself too much. That, and there's the fact that Goku in the manga prett much shat himself when Buutenks was charging straight at him, and even in the anime filler, he was getting the shit kicked out of him faster than it took for Gohan who, again, started off evenly matched and was getting mauled more because of the same reason Vegito let himself get absorbed than a difference in power more significant than at first.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 05:48 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote