KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

"The Techno Union vessel had landed on the surface," he says. "I stole a shuttle to make my getaway. It took me days to get to a nearby world on my sublight thrusters and..."

Gralus cuts him off.

"We think it was no oversight by Navir's employers that the sales team was ambushed on Respite by one of the warlords," Gralus says. "If we keep with Xeth's theory that the Techno Union is looking for testing grounds, then Respite would serve perfectly. There are already skirmishes ongoing. The battle droids would just escalate things.

"Additionally... Navir, tell her what happened when you got back to the Union."

Navir shakes his head. "They sent me packing for my failure and returned my ship to me. All fine and dandy, but the hyperdrive on my ship malfunctioned and nearly ripped my ship apart in an asteroid field. Another close call with death."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 10:38 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

What Rex said about weapons. If you have the skill you can use whatever. Xeth has Lightsaber, Guns, Combat, and Heavy Weapons, after all.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 10:44 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Alright, I take two new vibro-blades, a blaster, a bowcaster, and a rocket launcher. I can't use the latter, but it may have other uses.

I follow Xeth. Though I stop if we're about to leave the planet. I have business to attend to at my ship if I'm not to be taking it with me (which I don't think I can, as I don't have Pilot skill yet).

Last edited by Digi on Jul 6th, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 11:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Technically Tilulla can still fire a rocket launcher. It is rolled off of your Dexterity stat and successes only happen on 6s. Additionally, what kind of blaster? A bowcaster counts as one (a Targeting Rifle with a base damage of 3* and a +2 bonus to your pool). Did you want something in the way of pistols?

Feel free to visit your ship. I need Vera-Kin to get through her interview with Navir before we can really get going.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 11:56 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Quite right. A light blaster in addition to the "Targeting Rifle", and thanks for asking me to clarify.

-

I head toward my ship, the Steady Shot, where I leave my newfound supplies and touch base with G8-TR ("Gator").

"Gator, I've got something you can do for me before you go into standby for the night." He chirps contentedly. "See if you can get into contact with the man I mentioned earlier, and send along this message." I pull out a small chip and insert it into a data uploading port in the ship's main array. "Save any message he sends back, and let him know I'll be in touch with him again soon."

Upon leaving these instructions, I head back toward the base, in search of a quick bite to eat and some sleep.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 04:58 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No worries. Keep in mind that Ush may only allow you to take one blaster weapon in his games. For now, I don't mind. You are going into dangerous territory.

-

Gator forwards the message successfully.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 06:31 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"You suspect that this was no accident," Vera-Kin says, catching on to the suspicious ways of these people. "Any of it. Meaning that the Techno Union wanted the warlords of Respite to have the battle droids for free? Seems unlikely that they'd want to leave any profit unturned."

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 06:43 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We have many agents working for us, Master Vera-Kin," Gralus explains. "Xeth and his allies are some of our best but they cannot do everything. However, in the year prior to Xeth's confrontation with Ryamore, many of our agents died through technological 'accidents' when Techno Union parts were found to be 'faulty.'

"Additionally, we think that the Union wanted only ONE warlord to have the droids."

Gralus uses a small display on the table to show a hologram of a tough man with his hair styled into a mohawk, wearing bandoleers, an ammo vest, and glare goggles. His arms are crossed and he is sneering in typical villain fashion.

"This one."

-

In the mean time, Ti and Xeth must prepare! And Vera-Kin too, if she so desires.

Respite is an uninviting world of killers and decay, a hollow shell of its former beauty. If you want to bring specific equipment or make use of certain Merits, do so now!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 06:51 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin will have gotten in touch with good old Barker, if she can. Should we bring our astromech droids, Xeth and Ti?

-

"Who is he?" Vera-Kin asks, seeing the face of what she assumes to be her future enemy.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 07:19 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes you can.

I will give you the name tomorrow when I can access my notes. Until then, Gralus will give you his background.

"He is one of the three major warlords on Respite," Gralus says. "And until now, he was losing."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 07:59 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"How come?"

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 05:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Tarvik's greatest problem is his lack of manpower," Gralus elaborates. "He's been losing a lot of men in combat. He has also lost their minds; they don't follow his ideals any more. Either they have fallen subject to the persuasive religious antics of Elder Malteen, another warlord, or they have their eye on some of the nifty tech that the Biker Wazo brought with him."

Two more people appear beside Tarvik- a nimble nervous guy with a racing helmet (the Biker Wazo), and a towering dark-skinned male holding a pair of machetes (the Elder Malteen).

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 07:00 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I wake up from my rest (?) in the facility and begin to search for Xeth. Knowing that he's a bit more knowledgeable in the field, I'll defer to him on equipment, and will bring whatever he decides is appropriate for the situation.

-

I'd like to bring my astromech. I need him to relay messages between me and my earlier contact, even if he doesn't trail us on every step of the mission. I assume Xeth and I are taking some kind of larger ship together? My character can't currently fly her own ship ( embarrasment ).

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 02:33 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Xeth's got a ship we'll all ride in called the Nexu's Grin, pretty well known amongst the players. Room for plenty! smile

Vera-Kin ponders this. "He won't have any trouble with battle droids straying from his orders. And they're not quite as fleshy as his minions. How many battle droids were in that shipment, Navir?"

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 03:30 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth is going to bring R3-U9 as well. Astromech droids are always very, very handy.

And Tilulla is more than welcome aboard the Nexu's Grin!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 06:46 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Two astromechs and a Wookiee get on a starship...

Any requests on equipment, Xeth?

-

"Hundreds," Navir says. "Mark II types and... variants on that model."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 07:10 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Also, I bring all of my weapons, though that's probably assumed.

If Xeth doesn't specify anything, or even if he does, I'd like to bring 3 gasmasks and a large tub of water.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 04:24 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Gasmasks, great idea.

Xeth's got his gear. I'm also thinking grenades and flashbangs. Wouldn't hurt to have a few spare blasters on hand. Synthrope and grappling hooks. Maybe body armor?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 10:00 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera, for continuity's sake, will ask what the Mark IIs are and then ask about the variants...

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 10:52 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Gasmasks, great idea.

Xeth's got his gear. I'm also thinking grenades and flashbangs. Wouldn't hurt to have a few spare blasters on hand. Synthrope and grappling hooks. Maybe body armor?

Sounds good. Same for me.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 07:13 PM