KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Navir will tell you what he can about them, but he is no technician.

The Mark IIs (as you already know) are the Super Battle Droids that made their film debut at the Battle of Geonosis- better armored, better armed, better designed.

Then, there are two types of variants. Both are based upon pre-existing droids. The first is the flamethrower droid, simply the original Mark I battle droid re-equipped with flamethrowers. The second is the rocket droid, a test version of the Mark II with an arm-mounted, chain-fed rocket launcher.

"There are only a handful of these," Navir says. "Both are experimental. And then there's the BIG one..."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 01:04 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin raises an eyebrow.

"The BIG one?" Vera asks.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 01:26 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I never got to see it," Navir says, "so I don't know what it does. It was in a really big crate..."

-

It seems Xeth and Tilulla are ready to go. R3-U9 gets the Nexu's Grin warming up for journey ahead as they pack the supplies they need.

Any final preparations before the flight to Respite?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 02:24 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Tilulla walks toward her ship to gather her supplies, slips in and opens a channel to G8-TR. "Come on, Gator, you're coming with me. Make sure you have the ship's communications info stored so that you can check our channel for messages from the ship we're transferring to. Go ahead and head over. The ship is the Nexu's Grin. I'll be along in a minute." Gator weedles off toward Xeth's compound and ship.

With that, I close the communications array and settle into my pilot's chair, drop my pants, and work myself into climax over the next five minutes or so. Donning my pants again, I set the ship's security measures, exit the ship and stretch out. "Ah! Needed that," I sigh to no one in particular. My steps somewhat lighter, I head toward the Nexu's Grin.

-

On an unofficial note, I'm not just doing things like the above simply for the sake of it. It's believably in-character, especially because she's Zeltron, and I intend to fully explore that aspect of her personality, consistent with statements like these from the EU:
"All Zeltrons are obsessed with romance. When they cannot love, they fight. Both are sports to them. Coupled with their love of gambling, it makes one Zeltron in the grip of enthusiasm a formidable enemy. A pack of adolescents is virtually a force of nature."

...I think such an approach fits Ti's character well, matching with her template and occupation.

-

No more prep, Rexx. I or Xeth already listed everything we want with us. Let's do this.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 12th, 2010 at 04:48 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 04:40 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin nods, storing a mental note that there may be some sort of particularly deadly battle droid waiting for them on Respite.

"So what is our purpose on Respite, then?" Vera-Kin says. "Will you be giving Navir asylum here on Taloraan?"

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 06:24 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth will have R3-U9 all hooked in and power up the Nexu's Grin for the journey. When his new ally and her astromech droid approach, he lowers the side-hatch and welcomes her aboard.

"Supplies all packed, just need my new passengers," Xeth says, offering a hand. "Welcome aboard the Nexu's Grin."

The Nexu's Grin itself is a heavily modified Geonosian craft. Xeth pilots it from a bubble-windowed cockpit on top while passengers and his R3 unit hang out in the 'social room.' There is also a forward facing turret in addition to the four blaster cannons and torpedo tube that it packs.

"Make yourself cozy and we'll be on our way," Xeth says before climbing up to the cockpit.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Last edited by Bespin Bart on Jul 12th, 2010 at 06:47 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 06:45 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I... was not expecting that, Digi. Bonus points for rationalizing it and entering new territory for our Star Wars RP.

With everything stowed, the astromech droids secured, and the ship ready, you leave Uridia III behind to rendezvous with Vera-Kin and her Wookiee companion on Taloraan. By the time you arrive, she has finished her conversation with Gralus and Navir.

In regards to your purpose on Respite, Gralus tells you this:

"First off, it is pretty apparent that the Techno Union wants to see how these newer battle droids fair in a situation like Respite's. Also, Tarnik could cause way more trouble with those droids than simply take over Respite. We want that testing bed squashed and those droids dismantled. Take the toys away from the bully.

"Second, and most important, is that we need to implicate the Union in this somehow. It's already questionable that they sent a sales team to a place like Respite. Find a way to pin this on the Union as a deliberate action. A confession from Tarnik, a recorded message, whatever you can find. It won't do a lot of damage to the Union, but every little piece helps us unravel their conspiracy one step at a time."

About Navir finding asylum:

"Are you kidding?" Navir says. "I'm a soldier, lady. I only came to you guys because I was in over my head. If you're diving back into Respite's mess, I'm coming too, and I'm bringing bigger toys."

And so it is that when the Nexu's Grin sets down on a landing pad, the diminutive Vera-Kin is flanked by Barker the Wookiee and Navir the Mercenary, both tall and intimidating figures who are heavily armed.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 07:16 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Excellent, NPC cannon fodder friends.

evil face

-

I will flank Xeth and let him initiate the interaction with our friends.

Also, I checked Xeth's ship for hidden alcohol stores while we were in flight. Rexx, any success?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 03:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I am certain that our boozey Zeltron can find whatever stash Xeth keeps, if any. I would be surprised if there wasn't, considering a recent event in which Xeth got so high that he learned to wall run...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 10:29 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Hm, ok. Xeth, do you have alcohol on the ship? Mind you, if there is any, I am not consuming it during our trip. I can't show up trashed in front of Vera and friends. That would be unprofessional. I'm waiting to share it with them, so we can all have fun.

happy

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 05:33 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Sure! Getting sloshed will ease up the impending sense of doom that we start to feel as we descend onto a world of mayhem and death. stick out tongue I'm sure Xeth's got a bottle of Flaming Wookiee somewhere on-board...

When Xeth arrives, he steps out onto the hull of his ship but does not jump down.

"Hello, Master Vera-Kin," Xeth says. "I see you've brought friends."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:05 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"That I have," Vera-Kin says. "This is Barker, a Wookiee warrior that I have befriended in my travels. And this is Horus Navir, the mercenary that clued us in about the Union's supposed mishap on Respite. They will help us sort out the situation there."

Vera-Kin will fill in Xeth about the warlords and what happened with the droid shipment that the Union advertised there.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:09 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I bow as Vera-Kin approaches. "Master," I intone respectfully.

"Wookie," I say, slightly more sarcastically once he's passed. "Other guy," raising one eyebrow as Horus approaches.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 14th, 2010 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 12:08 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth is excited at the prospect of his theory about the Union looking for new testing grounds being correct, though he understands that he should not be thrilled that the conspiracy is real.

"This is Tilulla Rynn, a new addition to the Investigation Force," Xeth says, introducing the Zeltron beside him. "She'll be helping us with the 'dismantling' part of this mission."

He turns his attention to Horus. "So, Mr. Navir, you wish to help us bust your former employers. Why?"

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:09 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Horus is not quite paying attention to you, Xeth. He is ogling Tilulla, and he steps forward and takes her hand.

"My oh my oh my, what have we here?" he says.

The Wookiee, meanwhile, growls an amiable "Hello."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:16 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

"Hello there yourself," I say as I smirk at him, trying to repress a chuckle. I allow my hand to be kissed gently, then duck underneath it while holding onto it and using the momentum to spin Horus around. I then push him roughly toward the ship. "On you go, then!"

"And hello to you as well," I say slyly, winking at Barker.

"Master Vera," I return to a serious tone, "A pleasure. Xeth's given me the background info, and I'm honored to be working with you."

Last edited by Digi on Jul 15th, 2010 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 12:25 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth shakes his head as Navir tries to make a pass at Tilulla.

"Expected, I suppose," Xeth says. "You ARE a Zeltron, after all."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 07:20 PM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin offers Tilulla a nod. Despite being of mind to pursue her own path as a Jedi Master and wander the Galaxy, Vera-Kin does not agree with Tilulla's apparently flirtatious nature, though she knows it is only natural for the Zeltron.

"Tilulla," Vera-Kin says. "Xeth mentioned he was recruiting a new member specifically for this mission. I can only assume he meant you, and that you are quite the fighter."

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 07:27 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Navir stumbles toward the ship and seems put out by the maneuver. Barker just kind of shrugs.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:32 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

"That I am. Though Xeth already beat me in a training bout, albeit without my lightsaber," I tell Vera-Kin as my hand gently strokes the saber at my side.

"Come on in though, guys. I'll show you where Xeth keeps his liquor," I say as I hop forward and begin to jog into the ship, turning backwards as I enter to beckon them in. "No hard feelings Horus. I can't be a walking Zeltron stereotype, now can I?" I pause, then grin. "Well, not always at least," and disappear into the ship.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 05:35 PM